Voldo Videos Thread

On successful Red/Revenge JG attempt, both blue JG effect and yellow/red hit mark show every time.
So I guess the system confusedly treats the attacker as successful attacker, and also the blocker as successful JGer (so the blocker gets no damage) simultaneously.

Because of this, I think Voldo's CE attempt was treated as successful, then hit animation of CE started and following damages applied to Pyrrha.

Later hits in throws/attack throws/CEs don't seem to be affected by Guts also. Possibly the same function used to reduce damage is used to negate damage as well?

http://www.twitch.tv/oosaka/c/4512955

Very nice FT10 between CRNA Ruka and Yuttupipon.

My opinion (spoilers inside):
Yuttupipon impressed me a lot ! Awesome guess work, very good backadsh setups (backadsh into 666B is very cool looking), and very nice defense overall.
Some weird decision making sometimes but I guess it comes from seeing a different Voldo (BS 2B] instead of BS 2B+K MCHT K for exemple after BS WS B BS 4K BS 66K near wall).
At first it weirded me out he didn't use BS 2A+B that much since CRNA Ruka JGed a lot, but he used it more often afterward. Very nice use of BS 4A.
And that 2nd match Voldo cas was just plain awesomness. I will steal that from him xD.

CRNA Ruka played very well as well. Awesome defense, very good poke game. I felt like he lacked a bit in the Voldo MU but that's very hard to tell in videos and it may have to do with japanese metagame .
Imo he didn't use enough 3A+B et 66A+B against Voldo which may be Pyrrha's best move against him (honestly it's a must spam move). Lack of 22K overall which was badly needed sometimes to make Voldo's decisions harder.
But ... that poke game ! That defense ! Damn Ruka looks solid as hell.

Awesome fights.

Has anyone figured out a way to effectively test and pratice red JG? I am mostly seeing it happen at random, but I am sure there is a trick. I just haven't been able to do it once in training mode, even when having the dummy get me into yellow health before trying. Setting up 2p mode is too time consuming. Has anyone been able to do one in training mode?

They made a mistake in the recording of LVB3 tournament.
I missed the tounament since I worked but I made tons of FT5. You have one of them just after the LVB3 GF : Lifes (Patroklos) vs Maxou (Voldo). It starts at 14:45.

Don't hesitate to make some remarks (I know I did : Lifes recently switched to patroklos and he didn't know the 3B 1B BE combos against BS Voldo haha).

Pre NEC FT5 :
Maxou vs Dratak

Maxou vs Shad 1

Maxou vs Shad 2

Not really proud against Shad. Watch how both our game self destruct because of pressure and weird stuff happening.

Last edited:
http://www.twitch.tv/kudouchan/c/5950560

A very interesting FT10 between Yutoto and CRNA RUKA.

Yuttoto is very agressive. Some good use of Voldo's forceblock to keep CRNA guessing. Good use of BS 2B+K as a delayed move for guard pressure too. I'd have used more BS 2A+B since CRNA RUKA moves a lot and dash JG a lot but Yuttoto does it without it.
Their metagame seems pretty weird, it seems to me CRNA RUKA backdashes a bit too much after low advantage moves like 1A or 2K but I guess it has to do with how much they know each other and play each other a lot.

Very impressive fights, closer than what the score suggest at the end. Thank you guys :)

Last edited:
Back