vs aPat

Sp1d3r

Demon Beaver
aPat has me locked down at what seems to be the exact range that I'm supposed to be fighting at. Does anyone have any tips for this matchup (which is supposedly not in NM favor )

There's really fuckall you can do about this match-up.

It's all about string/poke defense. Knowing when to duck the highs and step the verts. Of course, all Patsuka has to do in this fight is stand totally still and wait for you to press a button so he can JFT you. At i12 he can punish basically everything you do with it.

Do whatever you can to get a lifelead and just run the hell away. A lot of his stuff is decidedly linear so if he has to come to you, he is fairly vulnerable to stepping. But for the most part, you gotta figure out how to beat your opponent because you are sure-as-shit not going to beat this character.

And information here is going to be pretty sparse because aPat is probably in the lead of the three least-used characters.

you gotta figure out how to beat your opponent because you are sure-as-shit not going to beat this character.
I've come to the realization that some matchups are so poorly balanced that learning a secondary is pretty much necessary. Also I think Nighty, while doing fairly well in the beginning, has finally been cracked by top players and people finally know how to fight against him now. Which is unfortunate because NM is such a fun character to play when he isn't flat out beaten by speed, range, damage, and guardcrush ability... sigh.

I've come to the realization that some matchups are so poorly balanced that learning a secondary is pretty much necessary.
Yeah man some matchups in this game are god awful... (zwei vs omega) (raph vs rugi)

Yeah man some matchups in this game are god awful... (zwei vs omega) (raph vs rugi)
Omega versus anyone who is unsafe at all... This game has retarded MUs. Mainly because of unbalanced risk/reward. I mean come on, Omega gets 86 damage from DNS B:4 w/o clean hit, with clean hit it does half life. A move barely anyone can punish while characters like NM take a huge risk just to get half of that.

Yep, it's completely unreasonable no matter how you slice it. Then again, you're in a forum for a character that is completely outclassed at his own game in every possible way (save for range, and even that depends on the range of what) by Cervantes. What do you expect?

Who would have thought that characters who can punish virtually everything on block would pave the way for imbalanced match-ups. It's so painfully stupid.

I think the only way is to let Apat crush you and punish his unsafe stuff. Whiff punish him. But its a dumb match-up.

On the nightmare current weakness: Nightmare used to be strong when the game came out because of his backstep ability. As such he was able to use his range advantage over other opponents. Now since the nerf, he is stuck in the dangerzone with little or no way to get out and unlike SC4 Nightmare who had more tools to get out (SC4 bA and step G), he doesnt have anything save for the still good but horribly unsafe backstep.

You have to play different don't give away free damage carelessly. In other-words space....You main goal is to space for whiff punishment. Utilize your range with B,2B, 66B+K, 4K, 6K and a ton of 1K. Raw flapjacks up close and throws.

Realize that you can safely block if you're doing 8WR. Also attempt to JGs a lot more than usual. Overall you just have to be solid, punish any whiffs, utilize JGs effectively, annoy them by keeping them out at a distance.

A pat has a lot of strong one hit pokes like 33B...to JG that stuff gets you far.

Back