Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate

Zane

Spirit of the Wolf

Following the release of Musou Orochi 2, they are releasing this title with even more characters, stages, soundtracks, and of course, Sophitia from SC4, and some from Dead or Alive as playable characters. They also have new game modes, including Gauntlet, which I think is the one that lets you have 5 characters out and fighting at the same time (as opposed to just 1). If this game was part of the Dynasty Warriors series, I would, in my opinion, consider it the best of all.

If this game was part of the Dynasty Warriors series, I would, in my opinion, consider it the best of all.

It's a crossover spinoff, so I suppose it counts. I loved WO3, so Ultimate's a definite buy for me. Especially since I can now run Team Ninja Gaiden (Ryu, Rachel, Momiji).

It's a crossover spinoff, so I suppose it counts. I loved WO3, so Ultimate's a definite buy for me. Especially since I can now run Team Ninja Gaiden (Ryu, Rachel, Momiji).
Oh you're right. Then, in that case, it's the best Dynasty Warriors + Orochi game ever made. I just wish it was a little bit more challenging. I mean, my team is only made up of Wang Yi and that's it. The other two teammates don't really matter cuz that's how OP she is lol

Oh you're right. Then, in that case, it's the best Dynasty Warriors + Orochi game ever made. I just wish it was a little bit more challenging. I mean, my team is only made up of Wang Yi and that's it. The other two teammates don't really matter cuz that's how OP she is lol

It's actually a Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warriors spinoff.

Wang Yi's good, but not what I'd call OP. Hayabusa is OP. Power-type means high HP, Attack, Defense, and no flinching. His Special has ludicrous range, tracks, and unleashes an aura for maximum GTFO potential. His move speed is the highest natural value. His Musou attack has amazing reach. Oh, and his Izuna Drop is probably the best combo in the game.

Square>Triangle>Triangle>Triangle. It kills everything it directly hits, and has a heavy-damage shockwave finisher so that everything around you dies as well. Better yet, it works on everyone. Lu Bu or Tadakatsu? Drop 'em. Wang Yi? Drop 'er. Giant Gyuki-type demon generals? Drop 'em. Freaking SUSANO'OH? Drop that asshole!

Wang Yi's good too. I tend to use her, Yuanji, and Lianshi a lot. She only got better in DW8.

Power is always good against bosses, that's true, but dude, Wang Yi has all these crazy cancels + speed. She just can't be touched, ESPECIALLY if you're spamming her EX attack. That literally does all the work for you.

Square > Triangle > Triangle (EX Attack, it's the one where she runs forward slicing the fuck out of everyone on her path) > Double air jump cancel (gives you invincibility frames) or you can R1 that shit (the special attack that takes up musou) and cancel into char switch, back to Wang Yi, and then start over with the Square > Triangle > Triangle string. For big bosses I tend to to max out her musou attack (the one where she grabs you, takes you up to the skies and fucks you up) cuz it's pretty much an unblockable and it does about 70% damage :p

And this is pretty much with nothing equipped, if you give her the stun lightning or the unblockable specials... yeah man, I think she's OP lol but yeah you're right, IF she gets hit she flinches, and her strong attacks dont hit as hard as other characters, but one thing I noticed is that EVERYONE goes for Lu Bu

So far I've only played the Gundam spinoffs (which I absolutely love), and I'll be getting Hyrule Warriors soon after release. What's a good game to get into the main DW series?

So far I've only played the Gundam spinoffs (which I absolutely love), and I'll be getting Hyrule Warriors soon after release. What's a good game to get into the main DW series?

I started with DW8. The consensus I've come to based on the fandom's response is 'anything but 6'.

Too bad it's on XO and not 360 as well. I'll be sure to get it when I get that (or a PS4)
I read somewhere that they're having an X360 release but it might be only for Japan.
Xtreme Legends DW 8 is pretty good. I honestly don't have a favorite DW game because they keep recycling the same thing. At least with Warrriors Orochi they do something to change things up and have you like "woah!" For example in the first WO games they introduced the 3-character switch team, the ultimate attack whateverness (when all characters attack at the same time) and in WO3 they're introducing air special combos, 5-characters team gauntlet, and I think they have a new way of triple attacking your opponent.
Soundtrack is epic as always.
They're the best!! and you can download soundtracks from other DW and WO games as well

DN6 was my favorite. Mainly cuz it's a nostalgia thing with my brothers. I've been playing since DN3 which is a classic.

I read somewhere that they're having an X360 release but it might be only for Japan.

I'd heard that the old-gen versions were download-only... never mind. I checked, and it's only on Sony consoles and the XB1. Sorry to all the 360 owners.

Back