Watch Top 16 At MLG Spring Championship Today

Soulcalibur V at the MLG Spring Championship in Anaheim, California, concludes today with top 16 action which you can check out today beginning at 3PM Eastern/12PM Pacific/7PM GMT. After the break, you can find an embed of the stream, the bracket for Soulcalibur V, and a list of the remaining competitors.

Also, make sure to visit the chatroom to discuss the action as it takes place, or you can leave your comments or predictions on who will win Soulcalibur V at MLG in this post.

soulcal_spring2.jpg

Bracket
Videos

Results:

1st: [nSydia] Keev (Nightmare) $6,000
2nd: Kayane (Viola) $3,600
3rd: LostProvidence (Viola/Mitsurugi) $2,400
4th: [vVv] RTD (Mitsurugi) $1,600
5th: Something-Unique (Pyrrha/Patroklos) $1,000
5th: Hawkeye (Natsu) $1,000
7th: Kinetic_Clash (Ivy) $550
7th: [EMP] LinkRKC (Ivy) $550

Stream matches:
[vVv] RTD (Mitsurugi) defeats [EMP] KDZ (Patroklos/Siegfried) 3-0
Kayane (Viola) defeats Something-Unique (Pyrrha/Patroklos) 3-1
LostProvidence (Viola) defeats [EMP] LinkRKC (Ivy) 3-0
[nSydia] Keev (Nightmare) defeats [EMP] BlackMamba (Pyrrha) 3-2
Kayane (Viola) defeats [vVv] RTD (Mitsurugi) 3-1
[nSydia] Keev (Nightmare) defeats LostProvidence (Viola) 3-0
Hawkeye (Natsu) defeats [EMP] LinkRKC (Ivy) 3-1
Something-Unique (Pyrrha) defeats Kinetic_Clash (Ivy) 6-3 (continuation)
[vVv] RTD (Mitsurugi) defeats Hawkeye (Natsu) 3-0
LostProvidence (Viola) defeats Something-Unique (Pyrrha) 3-2
Winners Finals: [nSydia] Keev defeats Kayane (Viola) 3-0
Losers Semis: LostProvidence (Viola) defeats [vVv] RTD (Mitsurugi) 3-2
Losers Finals: Kayane (Viola) defeats LostProvidence (Mitsurugi/Viola) 3-0
Grand Finals: [nSydia] Keev (Nightmare) defeats Kayane (Viola) 6-0 (continuation)

Rank
Player
Teams
User
1st
Keev
$168.00
2nd
Kayane
$120.00
3rd
LostProvidence
$72.00
4th
rtd_atl
$48.00
5th
_Hawkeye
$24.00
5th
Something-Unique
$24.00
7th
Linkrkc
$12.00
7th
Kinetic_Clash
$12.00
9th
TOKIDO
9th
EMP_Black_Mamba
9th
KDZ
9th
Xephukai
13th
Rikuto
13th
Nofackill3r
13th
00FMATIC
13th
Signia949

This MLG event was awesome and the people making this possible deserves our gratitude. More people just need to show up to support and make this even better and more competitive. I just want to thank Clap and Deimos for everything they did.

btw, where was Omega? He doesn't seem to show up to the MLG events... I don't understand when there's so much money involved.

This MLG event was awesome and the people making this possible deserves our gratitude. More people just need to show up to support and make this even better and more competitive. I just want to thank Clap and Deimos for everything they did.

btw, where was Omega? He doesn't seem to show up to the MLG events... I don't understand when there's so much money involved.
Well if Namco doesnt pay i cant travel, im still waiting for the price money of the world tournament. I dont have any money.

Well if Namco doesnt pay i cant travel, im still waiting for the price money of the world tournament. I dont have any money.

Oh that sucks, it would've been awesome to watch you against Keev again. You should definitely be sponsored. Hope you can go to Evo though.

It's a shame this was the only match of mine that was streamed throughout the whole tourney. It was my worst match by far. The fact that it was a continuation alone had me disheartened. I was even failing to punish Pyrrha's 236B -.-

However, I am not ashamed of losing my matches to Something Unique. He is a great player who had me completely figured out after our first match. I could not break through those Pyrrha defenses, haha.

GUESS I WILL START..
KINECTIC CLASH- GREAT SHOWING FROM YOU AT THIS TOURNAMENT!!!! I was impressed by ur placement in the tournament.. It was full of killers but u managed to squeeze into top 8.. Congrats, FUCK WHAT PPL sayin about u and ur online connection.. LOL.. U did ur thang.. Sucks i didnt get to play u in some casuals..

BLACKMAMBA- OMG!! ONE OF THE HYPEST COMEBACK IN SCV HISTORY (IMHO).. Thats the best i've ever seen u play.. Broke my heart when i seen u lose to Keev after coming so close.. Great shit yo..

TOKIDO- U LEVELED THE FUCK UP FROM WHEN I SEEN U PLAY IN THAT AUSTRALIA TOURNY... Great job, u can only get better from here on.

OOF- UR MATCH AGAINST KINECTIC WAS SOOO FUN TO WATCH.. GUESS I NEED TO GET MORE DAMPIERRE PRACTICE IN.. LOL.. TELL SURIONE WE LOVE HER.. LOL (^_^)

S-U- SEEM WE HAVE A LOVE HATE RELATIONSHIP.. GOOD JOB AT THE TOURNY... I GOT UR BACK YO, JUST KNOW THAT.... U COOL PPL.. LOL I GUESS.

RTD- CONGRATS ON BEATING ME.. LOL.. WONT HAPPEN AGAIN! LMAO! But u did ur thang man.. Can't wait to c ur viola.. lol 8P

NFK- U FUNNY AS HELL.. IM GLAD TO HAVE MET U FINALLY.. Hope to play u again in the tourny scene.

SIGNIA- THX FOR PUTTING ME IN LOSERS MY 1ST MATCH!!! LMAO.. I GOTTA HIT THE LAB NOW AGAINST YOSHI! Nice meeting you finally as well.. Great Yoshi.

XEPH- U HAVE MATURED HELLA FAST! Guess it was the kid.. U the shit yo, and i enjoyed your company man.. I was sad when u lost to S-U.. That match was soooo close, but i know u will get him next time. Can't wait to kick it again with you bro.

KDZ- U one funny guy dude.. U and ur girl are a pleasure to b around.. Can't wait to hang and enjoy u guys at the round table again.. LOL!!

BIB- MY FAVORITE HIPPY, CAN'T WAIT TO C U AGAIN.. U FUNNY AS SHIT!

LINKKRC- I WAS SOOOOOOO HOPING U MADE TOP 8! AND U DID!! Congrats, can't wait to c more of your IVY,SARAH,NINA, and ANNA... LMAO! U was kicking our asses...LOL!

more S/O's coming soon..

Reactions: RTD
PART 2 S/O's

KRAZYIECD- U KNOW U THE SHIT, DONT EVEN HAVE TO TELL YOU! Its always great having you around.. Hope to c u in EVO....... P.S. FUCK MAXI.

RAMON- 3 words... I LOVE YOU!

BANES- I hope to meet you again.. I enjoyed you and ur friends.. LOL.. I hope to keep in touch..

KEEV & KAYANE- Congrats on a job well done... I wish i had the funds to travel to France, so starting now, ima make it a goal to come out there and hang with the 2 of u... Im excited thinking about it... CAN'T WAIT!...

Congrats to all TOP 8/16 Players... I must continue to hit up the lab and exceed my own expectations.. Until next time gamers.

I guess Ill do shouts too then, grats too all placers

Chicago players - you guys are hella cool, I hope I can come down some time to hang out, and maybe get some games in too, even tho you guys were in my home town, I feel like you guys showed me a good time

Hawkeye - dude you are so funny, playing against your Natsu was hilarious when u were calling out all your moves before u did em, also the stompin u were giving SU in DOA5 when he didn't even know his buttons was too good, also "do you need a fork?" hahaha

LP - it was good to meet you, Im glad you dug the KBBQ, it only took an hour and a half to get to a restaurant that time at least haha, if we all go to Evo, we will party it up for real, sorry if we kept u up at night playing games

Human Typhoon - I had heard a lot of good things about you, and they were all true, thanks for showing me some of the flaws in my game, maybe there will be some Mitsu in my future too, hopefully next time you're in town we can go to the beach haha

Ramon - your shit talking is legendary, I never had such a good time getting clowned on for my in game and out of game follies, good shit taking out Keev in the Bic tourney, its a shame it wasnt recorded, I will be stealing all your Pyrrha tech FYI, and claiming them to be of my own creation

Xeph - you are funny as hell too, "you just want others twigs like you" hahaha, and your friends that stopped by on Saturday were hilarious too, I couldn't stop laughing at you guys while I was playing, I wanna see you get into VF5FS after evo

Keev - congrats on your placement, there is no doubt that you deserve it, playing you I realize how much I need to improve if I wanna be anywhere near good, hope to see you at evo

Kayane - thanks for making me look like a better player on stream than I actually am, even though I had that game in the bag and I should have won, you are a better player, and it would have just been a fluke, but next time things will be different

Link - thanks for the Sarah training, you are really good at a lot of games and thats impressive, now you just need to become a famous MMA fighter so that you can be the ultimate top tier fighter,

SU - it was cool hanging out with you, you better come to Vegas, I know we'll have a good time

Kane and Signia - thanks for the last minute Viola training, doing AGI against 44A BE was super helpful, however I was stupid and should not have attempted to CE through her CE as many times as I did, dumb banes is dumb

NorCal - why do you have to live soooo faaaar awaaaay, its a crime that we are in the same state and don't get to see each other often at all, but its always good times

SoCali - we will have our revenge

if I forgot anyone, sorry I have poor memory

Guess I'll do this since I'm wasting time and missing class. This ish is pretty long.

Xeph - I think you're wrong about the very good and great player thoughts. You're amazingly good in some of the choices you make while you play, even if you don't know it. You are easily one of the best players in the country (even without consistent offline practice!). Just start getting in the mindset that you are and everything else will roll along. There's no reason you should be nervous playing anyone (hell, look at how you played against Keev, Hawkeye, and Typhoon in casuals). Now...if I could get myself to the same point. =D

Genver - Didn't play with you again after you scuffed me up in the side tournament so I guess I have to hold that L, but es cool. Definitely one of the most chill people there and can't wait to go back just to hang out with you guys.

Banes - You're the fuckin' man. No amount of words can express the amount of gratitude I feel towards you and just how cool of a person you are. See you at Evo, bro! Loved you and your girl having us!

Sora - We didn't get to play much or talk much even after our initial chat! All I know is that everyone was buttfucking a restuarant decision and you disappeared! Wtfux, dewd? =(

NFK - Same thing with Sora...except we didn't play at all!
Wtfux...You know what? KingSalmon, NDK, and Signia too? I'm starting to see a trend with some of you West Coast folks. Don't get to hang around you all much and it's totally different chatting online (as compared to in person). I m sad. =(

RTD - You didn't say a word until after you were eliminated from the tournament to us. Wtfux? Don't tell me you're just using errbody! =( Still, I know you had the fam with you so I didn't want to pester you. Hopefully you don't treat us all like the enemy at the next event...and I also hope to see Ramon vs. RTD!
As for all of the annoucers...

KDZ - Hearing your commentary reminds me of old school wrestling commentary to a point. Keep it up, sir. Glad that you and your girl had all of us over for a candlelit dinner. Better hang on to that chick, too - she's a sweetheart.

Bibulus - Everytime you do the Bibulus face, I laugh my ass off. Know your commentary threw quite a few jabs at people ('Busted all over Ramon's face!' XD), but I like how it can be energetic, lighthearted, and/or insightful at different times. Keep it up, sir!

Hates! - Oh-em-gee! I'm in love with your commentary style (when you're not mad). I...really don't know what else to say!

Juicebox - Know you prob don't check the forums here but you're an amazing commentator and I love the fact that you've done your homework on a good amount of fighting games. You're definitely a community gem.

Oof - You didn't do commentary or anything (Wonder how that'd go...), but you were there everyone with your camera, recording and taking pictures, giving the people who didn't come an idea of what goes on. Thank you very much, sir. Also, can't forget your smile. Riding Damp all the way, sole Canada rep? You, sir, have balls of steel.
On to more tournament stuff...!

Tokido - I know you don't talk here but I guess this is more just to let everyone else know...you're a pretty cool guy! Got to talk to you and, between that and your play, I know you're going to be amazing at Evo. I'll be one of the first to say that I saw your play in the Australian tournament and wasn't impressed, but, during your match vs. Keev, it really showed that you've done your homework and you're a really intelligent player. Can't wait to see you in action again.

BlackMamba - Your match vs. Keev was a heartbreaker (As was KingSalmon's). Everyone honestly thought you had that set won. Was even worse that you had to play Hawkeye next...I was cheering on him but I felt unbelievably bad. We all know you'll come back stronger next time.

KineticClash - Huge props to you. Regardless of what anyone may have said, you made top 8. You held it down for the WC. Though I can understand why, I hope you didn't feel alienated. I didn't get to talk to you at all (and I'm sorry about the voice confusion thing). Hopefully, we get to hang out and play a few games next time we come down there.

Keev - Good job in the tournament. Next time, I won't be so nervous and we can put on a real show, though.

Link - Oh...my...god...I've never been more nervous having to play someone in my life. I guess I hid it somewhat well but that match went nowhere near how I anticipated it going. We'll play online so that you get that matchup down. But, other than that, I was just happy that you made top 8. You're an unbelievable player (And a fuckin' sweetheart to boot! Despite that stone cold face you put on while you play!). Really wanted to talk and play with you more but I was passed out by the time you came to our room. Can't wait to see you again!

Ramon - My hero let me down! I've already given you enough shit. You know we love you and you're the best! Now, fuck errbody up!

SU - I can seriously say that you quite possibly...singlehandedly...killed my nerves. I can also say...quite honestly...that nobody steps like you in this game. We gave you shit about how the backdash nerf would kill your game and you shut...at least me up by answering the call and upping your shit. You know I like giving you shit because it's fun...and not telling you how good you are because you New Yorkers have the biggest fuckin' egos...but damn. I wanted to see what else you had for everybody (your play against Ramon surprised everybody)...but you let Kayane get to you in that set (a couple of people agree that you were off your game)...and then you ran into a nugga like me. =D Still, like you said, top 8 at every event you attend. Now, bring the next one home, boss.

Shinji - I'm not sure how you took what I said on the FB but I hope not as an insult. I completely disagree with your deduction (especially, because, you know, it was way off). But, still, I appreciate what you said during the tournament and you know I have love for you. Still...maybe I had a bit too much fun on that stage and it caused me to let everyone down. =P

Kayane - Thought about how I wanted to say this for a while now. I know that a lot of people in the community give you shit about the way you play and, now, your character choice. But, seriously...I went back and watched how you played against RTD and, damn...you were fuckin' on point! Lots of people underestimate you as a player (maybe even I to a point with that Mits stunt), but you proved so much with this tournament (at least for all the people who aren't hating) that it shouldn't matter. I can honestly say that I've never, at any point since playing SC competitively, felt that someone outplayed me or that I couldn't have played better. But, commentating on our Viola/Viola match alone...I can say that I wasn't nervous (but I didn't keep thinking about Leixia's 44b for some reason XD) at all...and that, though you had a bit of luck on your side, you completely outplayed me that day (I honestly did not notice that you were setting up that super the whole time until it was too late). I remember thinking at one point that I was letting you do whatever you wanted but couldn't even stop you. That was, easily, my favorite match and, I believe, my favorite match out of all my time with the SC series. As said, I saw you play as I've never seen you play before at this tournament...and hope that the trend continues. Good luck at CEO...but I hope you know that now I have to smash your shit in at Evo. =D

P.S. - Don't get so beat up when you lose a round or a match. But...yeah...it's sexy as fuck when you get mad/focused/whatever the hell you want to call it.

Other than that, was a pretty good event for me. I wish WC players would come out more and some other people made it. Still, did anyone notice from the top 8 that...

Keev - Was almost beaten by two OGs (Namely, Mamba and Salmon)...but beat errbody, winning 2 MLG tournaments.
Kayane - Was beaten by Keev twice.
LP - Was beaten by both French players.
RTD - Beaten by two Viola players
SU - Same as above
Hawkeye - Beat himself twice...but also lost to two Japanese characters.
Link - Lost to two Chicago players.
KineticClash - Lost to SU twice.

Pretty cool...but just more random shit I think about. Regardless, can't wait to see you guys again! Now I have to study!

This week's events

SoulCalibur VI EVO Japan side event
Ariake GYM-EX, Tokyo (Tokyo Big Site)
3-chōme-11-1 Ariake, Koto City, Tokyo 135-0063, Japan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luca9974
Back