WCG Ultimate Gamer - Reality TV Show

The Rock was a once in a generation genius on the mic.
You wont be seeing another like him any time soon

The problem is, these dudes weren't even scrub-tier at Calibur. Even Kilik's 66AA would have destroyed them. Surely a PRO GAMER would have at least one scrub-tier friend to tell them about Kilik 66AA. Any of us here could have wiped the floor with them using nothing but Mitsu BB and 1A. Where is my $100K?

Had I been the trainer and saw them play like that, I would've just said, pick Mitsu and spam 1A, 2KB, BB...it would've been a 5-0 to whoever adopted this first. Would've payed just to get my Ivy on there and have them shit themselves on shakable stuns to iCS/SS if they freak out over maxi's leg twirl. Hell I could've tried every ridiculously long shakable combo Ivy has to offer.

Ok I broke down and saw the match on hulu.........
I had never wanted to throw my computer out of my window more than what I just saw. If I had been playing I would have just lost count of how many CH GS As I would have landed. It does make me wonder why they didn't just pick DOA as the fighting game? I mean that game is more popular among casual players and it looks more flashy no matter how skilled (or not skilled) you are. Not to mention WCG is the sponsor (or whatever the fuck) for that game instead of SC4.
In terms of showing the world what the gaming community is all about, I would consider this a failure for SC4. I just hope that when the I Got Next documentary comes out that it might shed some light to people about what it's like to be in the competitive gaming scene.

Man, I'm reminded how much old school WWE is comedy gold.

[Youtube="More of how you should act on TV"]Xg-xjkY-zW0[/youtube]

Makes me wish WCG took the same approach. At least it would be hilarious. WCG needs a star equivalent to The Rock, badly.

Wow... I haven't laughed so long and hard for a long time... I just surprised neither of those two picked Kilik... and that dude with the blue contacts had me laughing at the most, what with his "flashy" hand gestures and all (doing Maxi's 236 K move... ooohhh, you the man XP)... and that blonde-haired guy who won, calm the fuck down, you didn't do anything epic, except being the world's greatest button masher XD.

exactly, for anyone who is going to be considered the ultimate gamer you should be able to pick up the game and at least get the basics like guard. i mean shit they had the game for a day before the finals and they couldn't even learn the simplest things. for the final 2 who were i think both in shooter genres you would think that their reaction times would help them but not one of them did anything.

Wow... I haven't laughed so long and hard for a long time... I just surprised neither of those two picked Kilik... and that dude with the blue contacts had me laughing at the most, what with his "flashy" hand gestures and all (doing Maxi's 236 K move... ooohhh, you the man XP)... and that blonde-haired guy who won, calm the fuck down, you didn't do anything epic, except being the world's greatest button masher XD.

dude... i'd be jumping possibly if I had just won 100,000 dollars.... .... and laughing to if I had just came back from being down 4-0 in a first to 5 in a game I obviously sucked ASS at.

massive lulz:

Also, this chick is from Michigan? Why have I never heard of any of these 15 tournaments she won?

Is she from Michigan too? That I didn't know, since I've never even heard of her until this show. Well, she's in CA now. And we all know that she's been cleaning house versus Krayzie, Cedric, Alex J... oh, wait.

LOL wait... The chick on this show, has been placing on top in SC4 for the last 15 tournaments, but you guys there Dont know her...lol well seems like the tounrey she goes to are those underground ones...LOL

If I was a broad that wasn't in the finals on that show and didn't get chosen to teach these fools how to play the game because I was too much of a skankity skank skank, then I would say that I won 15 Soul Calibur tournaments too since it's not like the other contestants are going to call you out on it.

Is she from Michigan too? That I didn't know, since I've never even heard of her until this show. Well, she's in CA now. And we all know that she's been cleaning house versus Krayzie, Cedric, Alex J... oh, wait.

She's too busy failing at SFIV while Gootecks is having his lulz.

The only actual part of the show I enjoyed at all the was The Gauntlet episode, because it actually featured *gasp* real gaming. The Guitar Hero + Drums part in particular was awesome.

If they did away with the real life challenges, which take a tremendous shit on pro-gamers, the show would improve 10 fold. Getting better gamers wouldn't hurt either, but that would at least be a start. Why does shit that has nothing to do with gaming count as HALF of your score?

Back