What are your most frustrating moments in Soul Calibur?

Trying to beat Night Terror. Only beat him once by spamming with Seong Mina

Edge Master mode in Soul Blade. The whole thing.

Almost every battle when I don't know the moveset I'm using. I try to use a lot of movesets so that I can give my creations more variety, but that means there's less time to get better with each moveset.
I'm thinking about only using 3 movesets most of the time when I play online.

Last edited:
Trying to beat Night Terror. Only beat him once by spamming with Seong Mina

I beat him by spamming Iron Sword's :A+B:! Heck, you can beat pretty much any computer using that move.

Almost every battle when I don't know the moveset I'm using. I try to use a lot of movesets so that I can give my creations more variety, but that means there's less time to get better with each moveset.
I'm thinking about only using 3 movesets most of the time when I play online.

Making creations is great, but please take time learn the moves. Look up the move lists and experiment with combos. You can ease your frustration that way.

Having lag, especially when you are playing an slow character and your opponent is playing with someone fast.
Also, some floors in the tower of lost soul in SC4 made some rage moments too.

Hildes CA3 gets JG'ed and punished because i forget that i should probably stop doing it except for in combos.

For me, nothing is more worse than when your playing online and you're fighting a spammer WITH LAG! So frustrating because when you try to devise a stragety to get around the spammer, the lag messes you up like no other. I've lost quite a few battles (both SCIV & SCV) due to problems like that lol I especially feel bad when I'm using a character I've practiced so much with haha.

Oh and in SC3, definitely Night Terror. I only beat him twice ans that was because I spammed the Ninja Kunai combo of
:6::6: :K:, :K:, :B:
Oh and suffice to say, during Tales of the Sword mode, when it came to fighting characters who were much more higher level than me (like for example, the main characters you run into or a couple boss battles like against Luna and her goons, I'd spam the Iron Sword move of
:(4)::B:

That moment when you realize you are a normal human being and normal people can't do iCS. I can't even pull off CS.

Pretty lame when you totally want to learn a character and the only thing holding you back is a single move. Why would PS want to discourage people from using Ivy like that?

Wouldn't it be better to give all players access to whatever-the-fuck character they want to use? I am not a fucking robot, and FG developers shouldn't expect me to be so.

I've always had a big, BIG issue with stupid execution requirements in a VIDEO GAME. A medical surgeon doesn't need as much eye hand coordination as an IVY player needs

I like to practice match-ups, study frames and such. What I don't want is to spend my entire life in training mode just learning ONE GODDAMNED MOVE. I got fed up and gave up.

Here's a solution: Make it easier to pull off, reduce damage a tad, and TADA! Now you have an accessible character that will be instantly more popular. Astaroth's command grabs are fucking easy, so what gives?

This is more or less a problem I have with all FG's.

Yeah, I know what your answer is "just practice man". I did that. A lot. Didn't work.

Are you using a stick or a pad? 'cause it's super easy on a pad.
I'd say it's a little easier on the 360 controller than the PS3 too, but maybe I'm just not used to the PS3 controller, but still easy.

I'm sure you've heard about it...
Hold 2 on the stick, press 8 twice on the d-pad, shift to 4 on the stick and release, then press triple 6 on the d-pad. Easily done under a second, and I got used to it in about half an hour after learning it from the Ivycast, and I'm normally pretty terrible at that kind of thing.
For the PS3, I'd assume you'd just switch the stick and d-pad roles around.

Last edited:
Back