What brings you to 8WAYRUN?

HydroJames

Shining Sea Dragon
For a long time, I've been planning to make this thread in celebration of my first anniversary.

Let's tell each other how we found 8WAYRUN and became a part of it.

I was looking up Fail videos on Youtube and I found some of Partisan's videos by accident. Some of my favorites include...

I found these videos to be hilarious. I began wishing I could get a chance to fight him. I looked at his record to find that he plays very often, but despite this I could never meet up with him... Even less likely when I learned that he has both versions of the game.

During that time, I came across the thread, "Fail moments in Soul Calibur...", and I felt that could contribute to that thread and was the first one I posted in.

Over time I realized that I need more training if I want to duel with the likes of Partisan, and that there are bigger fish than him...

TL:DR; @SCPartisan and Fails lead me here.

SCIV hype (3 years too late) led me here. Stumbled on some Partisan videos + other SCIV tournament videos.

IDK why I come on here nowadays tho. Some SC news I guess...

When I bought SCV {Like 4-22-2012ish} I ran into a very fun & skilled Yoshi player named FrizFroz.

He was more experienced than me and thoroughly kicked my ass. (Like 25-2)... But he was nice about it, gave me tips and told me about this site. He said there's a lot of valuable info here if I was serious about improving.
I watched his demonstrations/Montage vids on YouTube & became something of a fan.

I really enjoy intense Yoshi mirror matches. So nowadays I'm on this site mainly on the lookout for those I haven't fought on PSN. Also if there are any aspiring Yoshi's, I don't mind lending a helping hand or fighting you to help you improve faster.
Like Friz did for me...

I used to be a gamefaqs forum goer. I happened to stumble across 8wayrun and didn't join until my older brother did on a whim.

Somewhere in March 2009, NamuSkull(my old alias before Pocky Yoshi) joined for a pure cause to get better so I'd be a famous online player.

Eventually my desperate cause to get better and get along with others, gave me perseverance on this satiric yet dramatic website. What became of me is another story for now.

I did a search to see if there was website for SoulCalibur that was similar to what DOAWorld is for Dead or Alive.

Also, the internet allows me to act out the ass-hole role that I was always denied in real life. It's anonymous, bite me.

Back