What character buffs/nerfs would YOU like to see?

Removing hit confirm on 44A BE and putting B+K BE back to prepatch damage would fix 90% of the problems with Viola (basically, reverting the two dumbest changes in 1.02).

She'll probably just be redesigned in the next game like Hilde was though.

How would you guys go about changing zwei? For sc6 if he will still be in the Sc series

I really like zwei but he desperately needs some major buffs for the next game (I hope he is in). My suggestions would be:

Make his AA faster (maybe i12), that would make his punishments much better
Give him a useful low. his 44A seems good at first but its lack of range kills it almost completely. He needs more range in general on most of his normal moves
His ein setups shouldn't be highs or special mids, this destroys some of his ein mixups. just duck, step, attack or whatever
He is also very difficult to use. Don't know how to fix such things though...

Any other semi-serious responses to helping our friend zwei?
Giving him strong low pokes is very dangerous because that makes mids from ein much more threatening.
I don't see a problem with giving him the standard 2A, which would be useful for punishing, interrupting, as well as frame trapping after ein blockstun.

This is my personal opinion.

To balance the game I would make these changes:

Leave as is:
- Patroklos
- Leixia
- Ivy
- Tira
- Nightmare
- Mitsurugi
- Dampierre (not a serious character anyway)
- Elysium
- Edge Master
- Kilik

Needs buffing:
- ZWEI (many areas)
- Raphael (less predictable)
- Xiba (more punishing ability)
- Aeon (slight speed increase)
- Astaroth (slight speed increase)

Needs nerfing:
- Natsu (slight speed decrease)
- Viola (many areas)
- Pyrrha (less punishing ability)
- Siegfried (slight speed decrease)
- Hilde (lower complexity)
- Cervantes (lower complexity)
- Maxi (slight power decrease)
- Yoshimitsu (lower complexity)
- Voldo (slight range decrease)
- Alpha Patroklos (lower complexity) <--- Arguable
- Algol (slight power decrease)
- Pyrrha Omega (less punishing ability)

Leave as is:
- Patroklos
- Leixia
- Ivy
- Tira
- Nightmare
- Mitsurugi
- Elysium
- Edge Master
- Kilik

Needs buffing:
- ZWEI (many areas)

Needs nerfing:
- Viola (many areas)

I disagree with Pat. His meter gain and CE ringout should be nerfed.

Raphael:
~Command for :(3):*:(9)::A: changed to :(6)::A:, -16 on guard to -12
~Command for :(6)::A: changed to :(3):*:(9)::A:
Add in various little buffs to his frames on block overall, especially for his low damage horizontals, and I'd be happy.

Last edited:

You really think the game would be more balanced if these 4 had their complexity reduced? I doubt it'd help in any way.

You really think the game would be more balanced if these 4 had their complexity reduced? I doubt it'd help in any way.
To clarify, taking their complexity away, mainly their just frames would reduce their ability to unleash devastating combos. Again, this is just my opinion.

To clarify, taking their complexity away, mainly their just frames would reduce their ability to unleash devastating combos. Again, this is just my opinion.
Hilde's complexity is simply part of her charm, even though her complexity has been decreased in SCV,
However easy access to her charged moves would be nice, maybe something like A BE for an easy C1A, 6A BE for an easy C2A and perhaps 4A BE for an easy C3A, and her B's could follow suit. Dunno what to do about her 15 sec UB's though.

There's nothing really hard about learning Cerv except for iGDR and even then you have 4B BE to compensate.
Yoshimitsu is one of those characters that benefits from being so complex, his mixups and mind games are something else but the main thing to learn are his iMFC and the other JF's which I can't remember right at this point...but even then you can alternatively spend meter for 6B BE in place of iMFC and his multpile hitting JF's are about finding rhythm to them.

Alpha Pat should stay as he is, look what happened to Ivy when she was dumbed down...I mean she was really dumbed down, still a viable character but now she has no complexity at all...aside from iCS.

still give me Night Terror and we'll call it a day Kappa

Raphael:
~Command for :(3):*:(9)::A: changed to :(6)::A:, -16 on guard to -12
~Command for :(6)::A: changed to :(3):*:(9)::A:
Add in various little buffs to his frames on block overall, especially for his low damage horizontals, and I'd be happy.

Agree 100% with 33A to 6A. This 360 mid horizontal with pushback on block will be very useful and annoying to people accustomed to stepping Raph in his dead zone. Also needs a speed increase from i22 to i18 and a range increase imo (less windup and slightly more reach than his 2K).

66A is fine as it is to me. He can get his old SC2 33A series back but the first hit needs to be a mid.

Agree 100% with 33A to 6A. This 360 mid horizontal with pushback on block will be very useful and annoying to people accustomed to stepping Raph in his dead zone. Also needs a speed increase from i22 to i18 and a range increase imo (less windup and slightly more reach than his 2K).

66A is fine as it is to me. He can get his old SC2 33A series back but the first hit needs to be a mid.
I don't want a buffed Aeon clone

Leave as is:
- Patroklos
- Leixia
- Ivy
- Tira
- Nightmare
- Mitsurugi
- Elysium
- Edge Master
- Kilik

Needs buffing:
- ZWEI (many areas)

Needs nerfing:
- Viola (many areas)

Maxi already got nerfed why nerf him again he's not even good.

Back