What character buffs/nerfs would YOU like to see?

Why would you not downgrade some of the higher tier characters instead of making everyone else as strong as them?
Lol, I'd imagine "nerfing down" would cause 3x the amount of complaints that "buffing up" would. Less than 20% of players give a shit about low tier viability.

I have a few nerfs in mind for natsu but I'll cover realistic buffs I'd like to see first.

She has a few mid high strings that are either NC or NCC and get messed up by tech crouching or even crouching.

Ch bbk on ducking, have the 2nd hit stand them up so the 3rd is truly NCC.

Ch 11a, make the first hit knockdown instead of the 2nd to deal with counter hitting duckers.

33k, re work the way this move works. It's mid high and is meant to be blocked only it doesn't jail. If you hit someone with it who is ducking the 2nd hit will whiff and you can even be punished. I would sacrifice the -1 to something more negative if they make the move hit duckers, jail and hit on grounded.

Fix whiffing issues on certain characters for 6a+b4 po a:6 nh.

Give her 2a slightly more range

Right, I’m gonna sit down and just list the changes I’d like to see made, even though they won't ever be made, from the top of my head. I'll try to leave out characters I don't have much of an opinion on, but given that I hate most characters, this will probably end up as a LONG list of nerfs.

aPat:
-Nerf combo damage, especially JFT
-Make FC 3B:B a 1 frame link instead of 2
-Sort out the tracking on his verticals
-Reduce distance carried by FC 3B:B BE
-CE -> i10
-Less range on FC K
+Slutty kimono 2P

Algol:
-Remove from game

Astaroth:
-Reduce 22B BE tracking
-Remove his CE, grab CEs are dumb
(In fact, I think all CEs are dumb. Ideally I'd ask for pretty much all CEs to be nerfed or removed.)

Cervantes:
-Nerf pushback on aB
-bA aGI -> +18
-2[B+K] quakestun -> +18
-Reduce tracking on 2A+B and BT B+K
-3B -> -14 on block
-No tracking on 4B BE
-4B BE -> neutral on block
-Have to input iGDR properly (no A+B+K cheat); either that or just a straight up damage nerf

Ivy:
+Make 3A track to both sides
+Sort out the weird hitbox on 3[A] and 6[A] so that Greeks don’t step them
+1B BE combos into 6KB at all angles vs all characters
-No tracking on 214B
-3B -> -12 on block
-Remove her CE, grab CEs are dumb

Maxi:
-No tracking on WR B+K

Mitsu:
-Less tracking on verticals
-Pokes slightly less safe on JG (e.g. 6b8 and 1B)
-2K BE gives a teachable KND
-2K BE can’t break guard
-Less advantage on CH 2K so it can no longer combo into CE
-6b2 -> -13 on block

Natsu:
-8KA damage nerf
-A+B damage nerf
-Damage nerf to 4A so it doesn’t pass the guts threshold
-Less pushback on 66B
-66A -> -12

Nightmare:
+3K -> -8 on block
-Fix safe 33B glitch
-9K -> -12 on block

Patroklos:
-More scaling on certain CE combos
-Less RO range on CE
-66B and 44A -> -10 on block
-1B -> -2 on block
-Decrease launch height when opponent is CH by second hit of 236AB
-Fix A+B glitch

Pyrrha:
-Less advantage off CH 1K (so 66B BE isn’t a combo)
-Decrease range on 66A

Omega:
-Less pushback on DNS B
-Remove 6K tracking
+A+B -> 6 active frames instead of 4

Raphael:
+11K KND on CH
+3A damage buff
+RO on CE
+Improve meter gain

Siegfried:
+Fix 22A so it can't be ducked
+3B launch at tip range
+Fix the messed up combos/whiffs
+Quakestun on 44K, because, why not?

Viola:
-I wouldn’t know where to start

ZWEI:
+Same as above, but for different reasons

tl;dr I hate everyone.

Can we just remove Mitsus 6B2 just frame?? It's soooooo frustrating when I get it. People usually want just frames but that toe poke just frame is so annoying. Maybe change the input to :6::(B)::2: instead of :6::B::2:

Also make xibas 33AA less negative on hit. Make it -5 or something. -10 on hit makes me not want to use it. It's dumb that I have not options when I successfully hit someone.

Sounds like you just want to play mitsu

So Yoshi should be Mitsu?

Nah I'm just showing why Yoshi feels a bit on the weak side to most players. For the moves that Mitsu and Yoshi share, Mitsu gets the better versions, and 4KB and 2A+B are hardly even needed (4K for wall splat though) since his other moves are even better. Comparing only a small subset of moves doesn't capture the big picture in terms of balance, but a lot of Yoshi's moves are really lacking for seemingly no good reason.

I think Algol's 3B BE should be delayable and hit-confirmable like Mitsu's.
66B should hit grounded like Mitsu's.
Algol's 2K needs to trip on CH and have a BE version that can RO in front of him.
Tracking 6B8. Hell, tracking everything.

Some raph buffs i would like to see:

6BB damage increase
WR 3B damage increase
Make his 33A his 3A
His CE should RO. Nobody knows why it does not
6BB: from 8, 8 to 10, 10 maybe?
WR 3B: Maybe you mean FC 3B? I think the damge is ok with this move. He need a damage buff in some moves, but FC 3B is not one of them.
3A in 33A: Istead of this, it would be better if 33A do more damage, from 16 to 22 for example and a bit safer, from -16 to -14.
CE to RO: This is a good idea.

Last edited:
Change Leixia so that she can't guard burst, why can she guard burst when she's just a little girl?

Add a secret command that allows Pat to transform into aPat, and another that enables the reverse.

Viola cannot punish, give her a 236B stab attack that can combo into 2B+K BE.

Ivy 3B should be i10 and -4 on block. Nerf all her other moves.

6BB: from 8, 8 to 10, 10 maybe?
WR 3B: Maybe you mean FC 3B? I think the damge is ok with this move. He need a damage buff in some moves, but FC 3B is not one of them.
3A in 33A: Istead of this, it would be better if 33A do more damage, from 16 to 22 for example and a bit safer, from -16 to -14.
CE to RO: This is a good idea.

Yeah FC 3B of course. I use it as a duck punisher and just want more damage from it like aeon with WR B!

Change Leixia so that she can't guard burst, why can she guard burst when she's just a little girl?
Only thing I agree with. Why is she smashing away guard meter, it doesn't seem to fit her design. If the dev/balance team wants to give her a way to beat turtling, i'd rather leixia have a set of useable obnoxious lows rather than just crushing your guard faster than maxi.

Because there is no way in hell Yoshi deserves any kind of buffs.
I have a lot of respect for you but ....

Mitsu deserve a nerf. A big one. I don't think buffing Yoshi to Mitsu's level is a good thing at all.
Fair enough, that is another solution

Some Aeon buffs i would like to see:

Increase his RO range :-P
Make 3A a bit safer on block, maybe -12
Make SW BE guaranteed after 66B
Fix whiffing issues with 44BAA in certain combos, increased stun duration after 4A, 4B CH or 33K could help maybe
Fix his CE, it would be a nice -14 punisher with very good range

Back