What is the best move in the game?

What is the best move in the game, discounting moves that cost metre?

• Alpha Patroklos JF Twister

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • Alpha Patroklos 2363B

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • Alpha Patroklos 33B

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Pyrrha Omega DNS B:4

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • Ivy 3B

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Viola 6B+K

Votes: 13 26.5%
  • Mitsurugi 4B

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Patroklos 66B

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • Devil Jin EWGF

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Other

Votes: 8 16.3%

• Total voters

Synalon

[12] Conqueror
What non-metre move is the most powerful in the game? I've been wondering this for a while. What move adds the most to its respective character's game, destroys other characters' games, is difficult or essential to play around, is low risk for high reward and generally has the most utility. I've filled out the poll options with moves often considered 'broken' or extremely powerful, but if you think a different move is a good candidate, it would be interesting to hear.

So: what move do you think is the best in the game?

Viola 6B+K.

It's what makes this character. It sets up a 50/50 mixup and if she guesses correctly she gets rewarded stupidly, especially because 6B+K can be used in combos for disgusting damage. In addition, it means that even if she guesses wrong and if you block the orb, she still has advantage despite guessing wrong. Even if you JG or step the orb you don't get a punish. What's even more stupid is how it can't be GI'd because Viola can JG GIs (if they GI the orb) and launch punish you, so there's no solid answer to the mixup besides interrupting which is pretty suicidal against a good Viola player. Necessary, but suicidal.

Her best oki tool. Her best get-in tool since it makes all her attacks safe. And since it hits anywhere on screen, it can be used to endlessly annoy your opponent until time out. Essentially a safe setup for an unseeable 50/50 and with the iFC 2K combos, both mid and low options can deal full health with meter. Can also be used to bait out reactions since the orb hit will combo into 3B provided blockstun allows her to recover quickly enough.

tl;dr this move is ridiculous.

/rant

Don't know why you're not counting moves that cost meter, but whatever. Best move in the game is Viola's back grab, since it's an infinite into itself, and using more than one in a row is banned because of that.

I think 4A+K is probably the thing, if this move gets out of the game, she loses some of her edge.
Also is ridiculous the reward for such safe move.

Think long and hard, which move do you see the most? Which move do you use the most? It'll probably lead you to your answer, theres no doubt in my mind that Viola's SET 6B+K is the most used move in the game(cause mixups), but JFT is the best punisher/combo move in the game. Which has more value, mixup or combo's? I'm going to lead to JFT. Its also worth noting that if you take both 6B+K out of Viola's move set and JFT out of aPat's moveset then I don't think they'll be as feared as they are now, so when a move essentially carries its character, then it has to get extra credit.

Dammit I voted for DNS B:4 cause fuck that bitch. But I've gotta go with Viola's 44A BE. That is quite possibly the dumbest move in existence.

Back