What new Styles do you want to see in Soul Calibur?

zferolie

[08] Mercenary
SC has used a lot of styles of weapon fighting so far, but there are still quite a few they can pick from. Like I said in my other thread, I have thought of a very other styles that could be fun to see in the future.

Bladed Bow and Arrows. I am surprised we haven't seen a style like this so far. It could be the longest ranged class in the game. The Bow would be bladed, or can quickly separate into twin short swords for close ranged combat. I like to think of it like Raven from Tales of Vesperia as an example.

Whip. We have a sword whip, but no full on whip. I think it could work quite differently then Ivy, if done right. Perhaps if it was kinda like that one style in SC3... Not high on my list though, since we have Ivy.

Duel Sais. I grew up watching Teenage mutant ninja Turtles in the 90's. Great show. Now the only turtle not represented is Raphael. You may say that Taki fills that role, but really, she doesn't. Taki has alot of ninja moves and magic in her style. Duel Sais would not, and focus on how they would be used in real life.

CHain linked Staff. A staff that can separate into multiple parts to swing around. I've seen this used in some movies, and it was quite cool.

Reverse sword style. You know how the apprentice held his light saber? A single sword style like that, minus all the force lightning.

Wand/Broom/Magic staff. They talk about magic and everything, but this is the first game to see people fighting with some sort of magic skills(ZWEI and Viola) They would be a zoning like character, and perhapos their wand can change shape during the fight.

Musket with Bayonette. We do have Cervantes with his one gun move, but really, I'm surprised we haven't seen more guns, given what era this game takes place. The guy fights with a musket, and attacks people by hitting them with it, perhaps stabbing them with the blade as well, and incorporating gun shots into the combos over even his regular attacks.

This is what I got for now. Do you like this ideas? Have your own? Post and say so!

Reverse sword style. You know how the apprentice held his light saber? A single sword style like that, minus all the force lightning.

Alpha Patroklos actually reminds me of the reverse sword style you are mentioning. I know his style is based off Setsuka but his stance is really close to apprentice

What I would like to see included in the game is:

-Dual Daggers: One of the basic rogue archetypes used in many Medieval themed RPG's I am actually surprised that a similar style hasn't made it into the game yet. Could be based off the dagger+bomb style used in SCIII

-Flail: Not really excited about this one, but I believe it would suit the game well

-Chained Sickle: Anyone remember Earthquake from Samurai Shodown? That's what I'm talkin about. With Rock gone SC need more big guys... would totally love to see SC's version of Earthquake

I've always wanted them to have a magic style. Like, purely magic.
While Viola has her magic orb, and Ivy has her magic sword, they still use physical attacks. No, I don't mean a purely ranged fighting style, but something that has almost completely magical attacks.
Or a magic staff that has mostly magical attacks.

Bladed Bow and Arrows. I am surprised we haven't seen a style like this so far. It could be the longest ranged class in the game. The Bow would be bladed, or can quickly separate into twin short swords for close ranged combat. I like to think of it like Raven from Tales of Vesperia as an example.

Musket with Bayonette. We do have Cervantes with his one gun move, but really, I'm surprised we haven't seen more guns, given what era this game takes place. The guy fights with a musket, and attacks people by hitting them with it, perhaps stabbing them with the blade as well, and incorporating gun shots into the combos over even his regular attacks.
Maybe a single handed tomahawk style for Bangoo?
And I like your thinking on the whole gun bayonet and bladed cross bow, stuff like that crossed my mind also!
and a necrid like style would be cool too.

For me

I want two types of magic characters. A pure magic character using spells instead of a weapon, in a similar fashion of course. - could possibly be the wizard that makes the astaroths?

and a younger female character with a broom and a cute anime-esque witchling outifit. With assorted stances like riding the broom would be similar to voldo's crawl stance but instead of a constant TC its a constant TJ and what not, assorted magical attacks would be tossed in there.

Dual Razor Fans, I've wanted this forever. Dyansty warriors style pl0x

Bladed Bow, I agree

I also miss the tonfas and scythe. Hope those come back too.

I like DevilJin's style, and another style based on fisticuffs would be cool.

Something involving a grappling hook-type weapon would also be neat :D

Besides the elbow blades, and the scythe:

• Dual Sliding Sword, or a Dual Ended Sword (I think a Dual Sliding Sword could be pretty inventive, especially for Leixia)
  • Wave Swords (Revenant's weapon on SC3)
  • Melon Hammer (or Melon Hammers)
  • Nagamaki (Will probably be Xiba's weapon)
  • Tsukubo
  • Kama, or a Sickle
  • Wire claws (Sima Yi's DW6 weapon)
  • Umbrella (lol)
  • Kusarigama (will probably have the kama included)
  • Tessen Fan (I would like to see a large one (for more further distance) with a Jutte as the secondary weapon for up close)
  • Bladed Bow

a giant boomerang
a giant puppet like that one from naruto?
and a sword that is hidden in a lute (4 stringed old timey instument)
chainlinked swords (if you got the assajj ventuss DLC for starwars BF2, this is roughly what I mean, but no light sabers or force)

- A magician-esque style
- Fisticuffs WITHOUT wings
- Bow(Be it bladed or not)
- SImple LONgsword,JUst longsword
- Daggers, be it dual or not
- Rope dart
- Gunnery
- Proper spear fighting, WITHOUT small sword and random wacky moves

Some great ideas people. Interesting to see a lot of people wanting magic users. It really would fit the setting. If we do get a anime like witch girl that wields a broom, I am so making Marisa Kirisame.

Th075marisa01.png

A true Spear user could work as well. Perhaps if Mina returns she can use a mix of her old and true spear fighting?

I do like the flail idea, and was thinking of a Ball and Chain user, I was just wondering how well one could fight with that.

So by pure fists with no wings, you mean like Heiatchi from SC2?

A necrid character would be awesome, and if Elysium shows up again, I think that should be her style of fighting. It fits her perfectly.

I am surprised a simple, european longsword style has not showed up yet, given where the games take place.

A giant boomerang, or even just a normal/large one, would be cool. And since Austrila was discovered by Europeans in 1606, we could have a fighter from there show up.

I do think more american's should show up. Bangoo is a solid pick, and could use his dad's style of giant hammer. You just need to make it different from Astoroth, which isn't too hard. Make Bangoo faster with more rapid attacks, and more slamming attacks, maybe throw in some unique grapples?

I also think Native American and south american's should appear. Native american's can use a Tomahawk. It would be different to Aeon since they of course wouldn't breath fire or have lizard like moves, plus would only use 1 ax. Maybe also give him a Hawk that you can attack with as well. South American's could fight Incan style, using Macana along with Bolos, Slings, and poison darts. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macana. This weapon would be a a mace style of combat, trying to break bones and such, and the assisting items would make them unique.

I would like to see someone use a shield, and JUST a shield. could be like a tower spike shield. A very close range style, but with great defenses, few combos, but high damage.

EDIT: I like that idea of a walking stick. It would be perfect for an old man, or old woman, fighter. I would like to see an old woman using it because there are so few old ladies in fighting games. It could be a mix between fencing and Samurai fighting, with a lot of moves to trip up or grab the foe mid combo.

There's this girl Pyrrha that almost fits that bill

and this guy sorta counts, too -> :sc5dam1:
She is EXACTLY what I was thinking of... xD Her non-omega personality just made me so sick.

On a more on-topic note... So many of these are great ideas. :D For anyone that plays Wakfu or Dofus, I would love to see Shovels/Spades given a style. o3o

She is EXACTLY what I was thinking of... xD Her non-omega personality just made me so sick.

On a more on-topic note... So many of these are great ideas. :D For anyone that plays Wakfu or Dofus, I would love to see Shovels/Spades given a style. o3o

I do prefer Omega over normal myself. I hope in future games she fights more like Omega... though maybe not has evil since well, she may not have soul edge.

Only played the beta(Loved using the thieves) , but I watched it! It's a great show, and I do hope it comes here so I can buy it.

Mace and chain. I guess the problem that its preferred control scheme is already occupied by Hilde. Who wouldn't want to see their ball swirlin' around as you held down a button?

Back