What stages would you like to see?

DADA

[08] Mercenary
When it comes to fighting games, I've always paid alot of attention to the various stages we get with each game... Stages are far from the most important part of fighting games, but I think the following applies for a lot of fighting game-fans; when a game has visually good looking stages in addition to great gameplay and interesting stages - it's the perfect package, really.

So, seeing as it seems they are brewing something new for us (SC6?) over at the Project Soul offices, I thought I'd ask the community what kind of stages you would like for the next Soul Calibur games. Returning stages/stages similar to past stages are also fine, of course. For me, it's hard to choose, because I think SC-stages usually are very nicely designed, and look beautiful...

Stages I would like to see:
- A "church"-stage: With beautiful stained glass and it's reflection on the fighting area (similar to the ones in 4 and 5, only stronger colors/reflections)
- Jurakudai Villa/Kaminoi Castle: I think a lot of people will agree on this one, these stages are just so atmospheric and cool. Cherry blossoms + moon= beautiful combo.
- Eurydice Shrine/Thesmophoros' Imperial Garden: Just beautiful, greek-themed stages... I especially loved the fact that you fought up so high in the air, surrounded by fountains, statues and plants.
- Lost Cathedral/Ostrheinsburg-inspired stage: I dont know, but I just have a thing for castles/fortresses. Majestic and imposing. Especially liked the themes on the Ostrheinsburg -stages.
- Voiceless Volpe Bridge/similar stage: Just a really good-looking stage, in my opinion. Like the lights reflected in the water, and the beautiful music.
- Egyptian/Turkish/Middle Eastern stage: I really liked all the Egyptian stages so far in the game, aswell as the Silk Road Ruins stage. A similar looking, sandy stage would be really nice.

What are on your wishlists?

1)A traditional Japanese stage.
1754083-1600x900-[DesktopNexus.com].jpg

art-chaoyuanxu-gorod-aziya.jpg

japanese-art-landscape-facebook-cover-timeline-banner-for-fb.jpg

2)An Arabian stage:
1406610034c636e-original-1.jpg

aladdin023.jpg

the_book_of_the_tale_of_a_thousand_nights_by_reluin-d5foyuv.jpg
3)The forest of mysteries:
fgdfs.png

Stages I would like to see:
- A "church"-stage: With beautiful stained glass and it's reflection on the fighting area (similar to the ones in 4 and 5, only stronger colors/reflections)
- Jurakudai Villa/Kaminoi Castle: I think a lot of people will agree on this one, these stages are just so atmospheric and cool. Cherry blossoms + moon= beautiful combo.
- Eurydice Shrine/Thesmophoros' Imperial Garden: Just beautiful, greek-themed stages... I especially loved the fact that you fought up so high in the air, surrounded by fountains, statues and plants.
- Lost Cathedral/Ostrheinsburg-inspired stage: I dont know, but I just have a thing for castles/fortresses. Majestic and imposing. Especially liked the themes on the Ostrheinsburg -stages.
- Voiceless Volpe Bridge/similar stage: Just a really good-looking stage, in my opinion. Like the lights reflected in the water, and the beautiful music.
- Egyptian/Turkish/Middle Eastern stage: I really liked all the Egyptian stages so far in the game, aswell as the Silk Road Ruins stage. A similar looking, sandy stage would be really nice.

I agree completely, I miss more Middle Eastern stages, too. I already love the idea that the fights take place all over the world. I would love some stages that are more "dense", by which I mean that more people are watching, for example. There's a woman who watches the fight in Patroklos' stage, but that isn't much. Perhaps a stage in the streets of Prague?

I do miss Ostrherinsburg, even though I've only experienced the SCIV stage. It looked really cool in SCIII. Perhaps you could fight on the bridge to the castle, too.

I agree completely, I miss more Middle Eastern stages, too. I already love the idea that the fights take place all over the world. I would love some stages that are more "dense", by which I mean that more people are watching, for example. There's a woman who watches the fight in Patroklos' stage, but that isn't much. Perhaps a stage in the streets of Prague?

That sounds really cool, actually! Did a quick search on Prague in Google, it seems like a city fit to have a stage in SC. There were quite a few nighttime photos which made me think of the Volpe Bridge stage from SC:BD; if they could add a group of onlookers or so to a place like that, it could be a really nice stage, definitely. Maybe even a stage taking place right outside the Valentine Prague Mansion?

I would like a stage that's on a high tower over a warring city. Very atmospheric.

Also, a stage that takes place in a sparring room with no walls.

I would like a Stadium/Coliseum like arena with a roaring crowd that reacts to what happens in a fight.

Also, a stage that gives a sense of urgency, like the burning building from III.

...and, on top of that, stages I could create and customize.

I just hope they don't reuse the day and night theme with a stage and make like ten of them like they did in SCV. =3=

Other than that, I'd love more inside stages. Such as Ivy's mansion in SCII, Raphael's stage in SC2, etc. O3O fighting inside castles is awesomeeeeeee.

some ideas that crossed my mind:
- A stage like Lotus Garden from SC3, I really love the landscape
- Remastered version of City of Waters from SC
- finally, a Dojo stage.

(tbh i am weak for anything with flowers, gardens and/or fountains, i loved the japan stage in sc2, xianghua and setsukas sc3 stages, and sc4 thesmopolous. the church level in sc4 was my favorite in that game, the stained glass is so beautiful)

- an abandoned, dilapidated castle with collapsing beams that you have to sidestep.
- Indian stage, preferably outside a palace or garden
- Zasalamel's tribe's land; in a citadel type place with african and mesopotamian elements
- the Bird of Passage's hatching dungeon
- Seong's dojang. with mi-na, yun-seong (unless you're playing as them) and students watching the fight.
- forest stage where you get to fight on top a big tree branch
- a hill on a battlefield, or something slightly sloped

in general i want to see more interactive and destructible stages, sc's are GORGEOUS but pretty static.

Last edited:
Wouldn't mind ring outs being more like DoA where falling takes away a chunk of health, just without the rock paper scissors or an injustice like cutscenes.
I find losing health from a stage RO with appropriate transitions keeps the battle going. Going to the next round seems to break the flow of the match. I think a good example of this is Astaroth's stage in SCV (the long narrow strip stage). It just felt awkward for a round to end when you landed in the seemingly convenient spaces of test tube areas.

I absolutely adore stages with ancient architecture, medieval town squares and castles. My favourite SC stages are: Imperial Capital Ayutthaya (SCII)
Silk Road Ruin (SCIII)
Eurydice Shrine (SCIII)
Valentine Mansion (SCIII)
Proving Grounds (SCIII)
Water Mill Valley (SCIII)
Ancient Citadel (SCV)
Free Imperial City: Center and Old Quarter (SCV)...

Playing God of War 3, running through various halls, I couldn't help thinking many of the environments would make for great SC stages...

Back