What weapon would you like to see in the Soul Series?

Native American weapons like Tomahawk or Maquahuitl maybe a good idea. The best tomahawk user I've seen in any game is Connor from AC3
ACI-Connor.png

His skills with the tomahawk is so awesome, I think he should've been the guest character instead of Ezio

Native American weapons like Tomahawk or Maquahuitl maybe a good idea. The best tomahawk user I've seen in any game is Connor from AC3
ACI-Connor.png

His skills with the tomahawk is so awesome, I think he should've been the guest character instead of Ezio
But Ezio is way more popular among the fans and even people that doesn't play AC(like me) have heard about Ezio so it's seem reasonable why they put him instead of Connor.

I was going to suggest a german longsword that would have the four guard stances in it's moveset, but then I realized we have Siegfried for that.

Last edited:
I'd like to see someone wielding a pair of sharp steel/metal fans. Beautiful, elegant, yet deadly, all at the same time. (Yes, I know a certain character in a certain other fighting game-series fights with fans..)

Ooh, and a style ala the teenage girl from Kill Bill (Gogo Yubari) would be awesome!

Last edited:
What is the difference between that and Mitsurugi's weapon?
Seems like it's taken from an anime or something.Too magical for SC.
We already have floating balls and teleporting werewolves. :l
That character was Sesshomaru from the popular... Well, ex-popular anime Inuyasha.

But you're right, it's probably the same as Mitsurugi and yes, you're right that the characters' sword is magical. In the anime, both Inuyasha & Sesshomaru hardly ever got up close and fought close-combat and mostly used their swords abilities mostly consisting of projectiles.

I have wanted him to be a guest character in a SC game for awhile. I'd like him to use both Bakusaiga & Tokijin.

Too magical for SC.
Not at all.
I'm not saying get crazy with it. The magic could be limited to just his CE & one "Fire" or in his case electricity-ish energy move.

"Sesshomaru hardly ever got up close and fought close-combat and mostly used their swords abilities mostly consisting of projectiles."

I can recall several cool, rather fancy actually, moves that were close combat. I'd love to be able to do these moves in a SC game.

In a world of two shape shifting, mind controlling swords, golems with exposed hearts, whip-swords with minds of their own, vampires, reincarnating black men, anthropomorphic lizards, wind priestesses, holy weapons, gods, owl men, skeletons, flaming skeletons, flaming skeletons with fleshy eyeballs in their torso, alternate dimensions, ghost-zombie pirates, demons, werewolves, and oracles with floating orbs...

...what exactly is too magical for the series?

These are appearances only.I'm talking gameplay-wise.

golems with exposed hearts
He uses an axe. Nothing magical about that.
whip-swords with minds of their own
That maybe somewhat magical;but it's to a certain degree only,it's acceptable. It's not as magical as shooting orbs or summoning werewolves.
He uses a Rapier,nothing magical about that.
reincarnating black men
He uses a scythe,nothing magical about that.
anthropomorphic lizards
Uses a Sword + Shield ~ Twin Axes. Nothing magical here either.
wind priestesses
She uses Dual Tonfa-Styled Blades,nothing magical.
Algol has got to go.I was referring to him & Viola when i said floating balls.
Mimic.
skeletons, flaming skeletons, flaming skeletons with fleshy eyeballs in their torso
Revenant (?): nothing magical about his style.
Inferno & Nightmare: Nothing magical here either.Except maybe for Nightmare's A+B.But that's one move.
ghost-zombie pirates
Nothing magical about Cervantes's style.
werewolves
They need to fix Zwei's style and kick E.I.N out.That or remove him & forgot he ever existed.
oracles with floating orbs...
Same with her.

My point is;appearance-wise & story-wise,a character can be as magical as flying pigs.As long as his gameplay is nothing out of the ordinary like shooting beams and summoning wolves,etc......

Last edited:
These are appearances only.I'm talking gameplay-wise.

That maybe somewhat magical;but it's to a certain degree only,it's acceptable. It's not as magical as shooting orbs or summoning werewolves.

He uses a Rapier,nothing magical about that.

He uses a scythe,nothing magical about that.

She uses Dual Tonfa-Styled Blades,nothing magical.

Algol has got to go.I was referring to him & Viola when i said floating balls.

Inferno & Nightmare: Nothing magical here either.Except maybe for Nightmare's A+B.But that's one move.

Nothing magical about Cervantes's style.

They need to fix Zwei's style and kick E.I.N out.That or remove him & forgot he ever existed.

Same with her..

Why is this acceptable when others are not?

Except that he can drain vitality and has a Counter Move(?) where he teleports and slashes you with his rapier.

Except that he has a Critical Finish where he throws his opponents into a black hole.

What if I told that Project Soul wanted to incorporate wind powers into her fighting style, but couldn't due to technical limitations?

So, you do admit that Nightmare has some form of magic in his form.

Are you freaking kidding me?! Cervantes can fly, teleport, and use telekinesis on his weapons for attacks.

Why does it seem that it's okay to have fantasy elements in appearance, but it's not okay to incorporate said elements into their fighting style? I'd let Viola and Algol keep their orbs and Z.W.E.I. keep his wolf, because that's what them special and unique. I'd just rebalance them instead.

Why is this acceptable when others are not?
Because like i said,it's only to a certain degree.Only thing magical about Ivy's style is when she splits the small blades that make up her snake sword.And that's only in Critical Edges,Finishes,and grabs.Not in regular moves.
Also;Not as often as ZWEI summons EIN,nor as often as Viola uses her floating orb.
Except that he can drain vitality and has a Counter Move(?) where he teleports and slashes you with his rapier.
Same reason as Ivy's.
Except that he has a Critical Finish where he throws his opponents into a black hole.
Critical Finishes & Critical Edges are an excuse.Since's they're not normal moves. It's not like he can open a black hole anytime he wants in battle.
My guess is Zasalamel opens the black hole from his inner strength , not from his scythe.
What if I told that Project Soul wanted to incorporate wind powers into her fighting style, but couldn't due to technical limitations?
Call me when it happens. :>
So, you do admit that Nightmare has some form of magic in his form.
Yes;but like i said about Ivy & Raphael,It's only a limited amount of moves.Actually,isn't it just that one move for Nightmare?
Are you freaking kidding me?! Cervantes can fly, teleport, and use telekinesis on his weapons for attacks.
Okay,my bad.I forgot about Cervantes's ways.
But again,same thing as Ivy,Raphael,and Nightmare. ONLY magical moves that he uses freely in battle are his teleportations right?Does he rly fly?
He uses telekinesis in his winning and grab animations,not in actual game-play.I mean he can't just throw his weapons at you using telekinesis in the middle of the fight or whenever he pleases.

Why does it seem that it's okay to have fantasy elements in appearance, but it's not okay to incorporate said elements into their fighting style?
Because I personally want SC to stay true to it's core.Remember how it started in Soul Edge?ONLY magical move in that entire game was the move where soul edge teleports on top of the opponent and slashes them from above.Also,i just don't want to be a 3rd Street fighter or Naruto.

I'd let Viola and Algol keep their orbs and Z.W.E.I. keep his wolf, because that's what them special and unique. I'd just rebalance them instead.
I respect your opinion & point of view.
However;IMO,i think PS can make them special without the floating orbs and werewolves.

Last edited:
I want to see Honey Lovin Fists introduced to SC6

Fists so sweet they always stick to their target

A pretty decent amount of characters use magic.

aPat - Uses Soulcalibur to summon ice
Abyss - Has his own gravitational pull
Aeon - Can conjure fire and fly due to him being a man turned dragon by the gods
Amy/Raphael - Teleports due to vampirism and sucks blood
Cervantes - Can teleport, jump to an absurd height, and never has to reload bullets.
Dampierre - Can float in the air by kicking
Elysium - Random projectiles with super move
Ivy - Whip that can extend due to alchemy
Kilik/Xiba - A stick can beat any bladed weapon in the hands of a master.... riiiiight.
Mitsurugi - 8A+B super jump
Natsu/Taki - Unlimited bomb supply hidden in their spandex. Can also teleport and jump at absurd heights.
Nightmare - The dude can cause explosions with his body
Night terror - Same as nightmare but can fly and shoot laser beams
Siegfried - Uses Soulcalibur to summon ice
Sophitia - Critical finish conjures holy light to kill enemy by praying to the greek gods....
Talim - Conjures wind in critical finish
Tira - Ring blade would most certainly cause her to bleed out in a fight
Yoshimitsu/Viola/Zwei - No explanation needed
Zas - Can summon portals to different dimensions in critical finish

Stop taking the game's realism seriously. These dudes would die by the blades sooner in real life and wouldn't be able to be juggled by swords.

Last edited:
Stop taking the game's realism seriously. These dudes would die by the blades sooner in real life and wouldn't be able to be juggled by swords.

I think Soul wants the fantasy to be somewhat believable. The problem is: How does Taki make sense than Natsu? Both are exaggerated anime tropes for a man's fantasy. It sounds more like a preference of one fantasy over another argument than anything else. Pretty sure Taki would be stern with Soul if he talked smack about her disciple Natsu.

Jokes aside, I think my ideas for new weapons are kinda limited.

How about a simple long sword user? Not long or humongous like Siegfried and Nightmare. You can even make the design like Arthur of SC3, some fantasy lord of the rings design made soul calibur, knights, etc.
88ITS_m.jpg

I saw Ezio use a crossbow, but why incorporate some sort of bow in the game. Bladed Bow like Ina from Samurai warriors could be a good example.
Ina-wo3-dlc-sp.jpg

Just some ideas playing another game.

Last edited:
Back