What weapon would you like to see in the Soul Series?

A well done bow user could be cool, that would be really hard to not make stupid, OP or really fucking bad though. Considering that they couldn't even balance Viola or ZWEI worth a crap, they should probably be careful on bringing something unique to the game.

I think Soul wants the fantasy to be somewhat believable. The problem is: How does Taki make sense than Natsu? Both are exaggerated anime tropes for a man's fantasy. It sounds more like a preference of one fantasy over another argument than anything else. Pretty sure Taki would be stern with Soul if he talked smack about her disciple Natsu.

Jokes aside, I think my ideas for new weapons are kinda limited.

How about a simple long sword user? Not long or humongous like Siegfried and Nightmare. You can even make the design like Arthur of SC3, some fantasy lord of the rings design made soul calibur, knights, etc.
View attachment 44252

I saw Ezio use a crossbow, but why incorporate some sort of bow in the game. Bladed Bow like Ina from Samurai warriors could be a good example.

Just some ideas playing another game.

I think the bladed bow is a brilliant idea. The perfect way we could include an archer character that is not only different with their projectile attacks, but can also fight at close range with the blades on their bow.

However, I am quite sceptical about the longsword. What can a longsword wielder do that Mitsurugi can not already do with his katana? The furthest I can see longswords going is being alternate weapons for Mitsurugi.

I'd love a long sword just 'cause i'm into long range attacks.
Mitsurugi had a very long sword that specializes in long range attacks in Soul Blade called Kojiro's Sword .
Too bad we'll never see it again lol.

EDIT:
Also,i'd love to see this:
Taki010.jpg

Bladed Arms & Legs.

This is an early concept art for Taki from SB/E.Guess it was before they decided to make her a ninja.

Last edited:
A well done bow user could be cool, that would be really hard to not make stupid, OP or really fucking bad though. Considering that they couldn't even balance Viola or ZWEI worth a crap, they should probably be careful on bringing something unique to the game.
Yeah, bladed bow user could be decent at spacing. When up close just okay since Bow users should play keep out.

I think the bladed bow is a brilliant idea. The perfect way we could include an archer character that is not only different with their projectile attacks, but can also fight at close range with the blades on their bow.

However, I am quite sceptical about the longsword. What can a longsword wielder do that Mitsurugi can not already do with his katana? The furthest I can see longswords going is being alternate weapons for Mitsurugi.

Think about it. We have 3 different short sword and shield users. 2 different katana users. 2 Zweihanders aka giant sword users. One Jian blade user(Leixia).

Yet no straight Long Sword/Bastard Sword user. They could even make Arthur of SC3 wield it. I could see Arthur as "Ken" while Mitsurugi as "Ryu" to another. I mean Algol to Mitsurugi? You have a half dressed man against a samurai. That's a weird rivalry. Tell me that Arthur vs Mitsurugi would make an awesome pair to watch fight. Just give Arthur a Long Sword put him in European armor and you got yourself a true rivalry that makes sense. Mitsurugi fights to be the best as does Arthur. Mitsu hailed as a Asian warrior vet. Arthur hailed as a European warrior vet.

Arthur0.jpg
mitSC3art1.jpg

Last edited:
Think about it. We have 3 different short sword and shield users. 2 different katana users. 2 Zweihanders aka giant sword users. One Jian blade user(Leixia).

Yet no straight Long Sword/Bastard Sword user. They could even make Arthur of SC3 wield it. I could see Arthur as "Ken" while Mitsurugi as "Ryu" to another. I mean Algol to Mitsurugi? You have a half dressed man against a samurai. That's a weird rivalry. Tell me that Arthur vs Mitsurugi would make an awesome pair to watch fight. Just give Arthur a Long Sword put him in European armor and you got yourself a true rivalry that makes sense. Mitsurugi fights to be the best as does Arthur. Mitsu hailed as a Asian warrior vet. Arthur hailed as a European warrior vet.

Maybe we could differentiate Arthur from Mitsurugi. We do have characters that wield the same/similar weapons, yet play very unique from each other. But, remember Arthur started out as a palette-swap of Mitsurugi for counties that discouraged imagery and references to the samurai.

mitsc1art1-jpg.3933
artsc1art1-jpg.3446

mitsc1cg4-jpg.3943
artsc1cg1-jpg.3447

mitsc2art1-jpg.3951

artsc3art1-jpg.3448

His style in SCIII, while different, was still similar to Mitsurigi's.

Arthur will have similarities to Mitsurugi.

Maybe we could differentiate Arthur from Mitsurugi. We do have characters that wield the same/similar weapons, yet play very unique from each other. But, remember Arthur started out as a palette-swap of Mitsurugi for counties that discouraged imagery and references to the samurai.

mitsc1art1-jpg.3933
artsc1art1-jpg.3446

mitsc1cg4-jpg.3943
artsc1cg1-jpg.3447

mitsc2art1-jpg.3951

artsc3art1-jpg.3448

His style in SCIII, while different, was still similar to Mitsurigi's.

Arthur will have similarities to Mitsurugi.
Nah, they weren't that similar. Arthur have this unique feature that consist in attack throws in many of his combos. He also have a lot of unique attacks that neither Mitsu or Yoshi have. If they bring this style back all they have to do is balance in adding new attacks.
I may the only one, but some Ezio attacks kinda remind me of Arthur. (6K2 for example or 66BB)

I have to agree with the keeping magic on the low side when it comes to Soul Calibur fighting styles. I understand where Soul was coming from when he mentioned that he preferred Soul Calibur to stay more traditional in terms of weaponry.

As much as I really like Zwei, E.I.N was a dumb concept. I personally would have liked it better if Zwei was just a full-fledged werewolf. When I first heard about Zwei being a "werewolf" (before they released his trailer video), I thought he was going to turn into one during his gameplay or something and that would have been so cool I think. It could have been like Cornell from Castlevania, he's a werewolf and in Castlevania Judgement, as crappy as the game was, the way they handled his werewolf ability was awesome.

Realistically, Zwei could've went werewolf mode in either a critical edge or something. I'm thinking something similar to Bloody Roar's Yugo with his character special where he lunges his opponent in the air and jumps up and slashes them while in a tackle. But that's just me. I love werewolves lol.

But back on topic, I would just like to see some more standard weapons get a representation. I still want to see dual steel fans & so on. Dynasty Warriors has some weapon styles that could totally be used for a Soul Calibur character.

The bow idea that someone else suggested woudl be neat and seeing how Kung Jin, new character of Mortal Kombat implements his bow makes it kind of possible. The bladed bow would be good.

Here's my idea or vision of a sai weapon wielder... IMG_0409.JPG IMG_0437.JPG IMG_0439.JPG IMG_0440.JPG IMG_0441.JPG IMG_0442.JPG IMG_0446.JPG IMG_0447.JPG IMG_0448.JPG IMG_0449.JPG IMG_0454.JPG IMG_0455.JPG ... there are close up shots of both the right hand and the left hand holding the weapons. But really the character has gauntlets that hold the sai so her fingers won't be in the way when blocking an opponent's weapon.

I would like a dual-steel fan wielder who can use aeromancy powers to fly around and attack opponents with powerful gusts of wind, even attacks that blow them into walls and out of the ring.

*The I used to watch too much Deadliest Warrior post*
Kabal style hook blades would be cool. Complete with a move that hooks them together.
Kusarigama would be quite cool, I mean the gimmick would be just to keep that flail moving while attacking with the other side.
The macuahuitl looks too similar to the zweihandel swords Seig/Night use. BUT you could change up Nightmare's move set to incorporate some of the hacking/cutting motions that the macuahuitl uses.
And of course Sais and Bladed Fans can both make their appearances.
Also wouldn't mind a nasty small mace. Not a big one like Rock's. Little one.

Some of the old characters could had other variations:

- Cervantes: dual katana (SC 4 Shura style)
- Aeon: More variated brutal dual weapons like dual sword, dual mace instead of just brutal dual axes.

New styles:

- Rilfe, firearms and small gadgets to compensate for the melee.

- Daggers and bow (kinda like Ezio, but a original character so you can customize).

- Magic staff & sword, have 2 stances: magic staff & sword/ just 2h magic staff (kinda LOTR Gandalf style).

- Tower shield and spear (a different option of Hilde).

Two unarmed styles:

- Wrestling/boxing style, slow & heavy hitting.

- Karate/Mishima style, fast & light hitting.

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_12.png

Imagine this last picture that's she's holding an actual sai weapon instead of a jitte baton. I just wanted to give out an idea of how I intended this warrior to be envisioned.

Attachments

• SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ.png
    358.1 KB · Views: 254
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_1.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_1.png
    348.8 KB · Views: 276
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_2.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_2.png
    349.9 KB · Views: 219
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_3.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_3.png
    358.3 KB · Views: 236
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_4.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_4.png
    352.8 KB · Views: 357
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_5.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_5.png
    330 KB · Views: 232
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_7.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_7.png
    280.7 KB · Views: 245
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_6.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_6.png
    333.5 KB · Views: 213
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_8.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_8.png
    333.7 KB · Views: 236
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_9.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_9.png
    298.3 KB · Views: 286
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_12.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_12.png
    313.6 KB · Views: 238
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ.png
    358.1 KB · Views: 210
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_1.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_1.png
    348.8 KB · Views: 194
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_2.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_2.png
    349.9 KB · Views: 209
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_3.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_3.png
    358.3 KB · Views: 229
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_4.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_4.png
    352.8 KB · Views: 275
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_5.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_5.png
    330 KB · Views: 257
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_7.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_7.png
    280.7 KB · Views: 213
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_6.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_6.png
    333.5 KB · Views: 210
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_8.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_8.png
    333.7 KB · Views: 224
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_9.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_9.png
    298.3 KB · Views: 230
Better idea! How about Dual Nunchaku? Maybe that will help Li Long prove that he twice the man Maxi is.

Back