Which SC game has the best costumes?

Aven Kujo-Gin

[10] Knight
Which SC have the best costume selection for you?(P1 and P2 costumes, not CAS) and also, which have the worst?
For me, I was doubting between SC2 and SC3, but because SC3 was the first one I played, I have to choose it because of the nostalgia.
Those costumes need a mention in special:
sophiarts2.jpg

kilikarts2.jpg
zassc3art1-jpg.4521
latest
sigsc3art3-jpg.4193

Then the worst is SC4, of course they were good costumes, but they were a minimal percentage. And the fact that P2 costumes are made by pieces os CAS doesn't help either.

Feel free to add images of your fav costumes.

There are some great ones in every game,really.
My favorites:
SCII: Ivy & Nightmare.
SCIII:Taki,Sophitia,Setsuka,Hwang,Li Long,and Tira.
SCIV:Cassandra,Rock,Seong Mi-Na,Siegfried,Maxi,Talim,Voldo,Lizardman,Zasalamel,and Hilde.
SCV: Cervantes,Voldo P2 Costume,and Raphael's P2 costume.

Note:My favorite Taki mask has to be the one from SB/E,but if we're talking the costume as a whole,id say SCIII.

My top favorites of all those would be:Ivy (SCII) , Setsuka (SCIII) ,Voldo (SCIV) , Hilde (SCIV),and Raphael (SCV).

But i guess the game with the best character designs as a whole would be SCIV,imo.

Last edited:
But i guess the game with the best character designs as a whole would be SCIV,imo.

Word. The characters look realistic in a nice way, too. Xianghua has a nice costume, so does Tira. Not overly fond of Maxi's pants and shoes though, better like his P2 and his V costume.

Raphael looks cool in his adventure outfit in V (I think it looks like he's on an adventure with that hat, anyway). Mitsurugi looks a bit like Auron from Final Fantasy X with his sleeve, and then the prayer beads are cool!

These are the only two games I've tried and therefore the only ones I can comment, really.

My favorite :

SCII : Cassandra 2P , Yoshimitsu 2P and Voldo 2P
SCIV : Cassandra 1P, Astaroth 1P , Raphaël 2P
SCV: Voldo 2P, Ivy 1P

So, I would say that SCII contains the majority of my preferred costume.

Last edited:
sc2: xianghua 2p, ivy 2p/3p
sc3: tira 2p, ivy 2p (my all time fav ivy alt), cassandra 1p.
sc4: tira, hilde 2p (i don't even use her but that dress is beautiful), xianghua 2p
sc5: tira, pyrrha 2p except for the plaid part bc it's ugly, leixia 1p

SCV wait Kappa
It would have to be SCIII for me. Every single outfit looked amazing and were all very creative. Except for Talim's 1p. I hated that outfit lol. Ivy had the best outfit in that game in my opinion. Her 2p was awesome

SCV wait Kappa
It would have to be SCIII for me. Every single outfit looked amazing and were all very creative. Except for Talim's 1p. I hated that outfit lol. Ivy had the best outfit in that game in my opinion. Her 2p was awesome
I thought the costume was fine. It was the hair-style that killed it. Who thought giving her two pairs of pigtails was a good idea?

SC4 Ivy or lack thereof ~lol. (C'mon, whether you liked it or not, it's iconic and will be instantly recognizable for the rest of eternity)
...I like her other outfits too from all the games.

Favorites for each character (only counting those that were in multiple games) go something like...

SB - Zilch :\
SC - Rock 1p, Edgemaster 2p, Kilik 1p, Sophitia 2p (4)
SCII - Cervantes 1p, Ivy 2p, Raphael 1p, Nightmare 1p (4)
SCIII - Cassandra 1p, Hwang 1p, Li Long 1p, Mitsurugi 1p, Seong Mi-na 2p, Setsuka 1p, Siegfried 2p, Talim 1p, Voldo 2p (SC2 3p was a close contender), Xianghua 2p, Yoshimitsu 2p (11)
SCIV - Algol 1p, Astaroth 1p, Hilde 1p, Lizardman 1p, Tira 1p, Yun Seong 1p, Zasalamel 1p (7)
SCV - Maxi 1p (1)

No opinion - Amy, Taki

I guess I favor SCIII's costumes the most.

SCII - Yoshimitsu 2P, Ivy 3P
SCIII - Cassandra 1P, Sophitia 2P, Zasalamel 1P, Rock 1P and 2P, Raphael 1P, Ivy 2P, Talim 2P, Kilik 1P, Olcadan 1P, Cervantes 2P, Maxi 2P.
SCIV - Lizardman 1P and 2P, Cassandra 2P, Xianghua 1P.
SCV - Cervantes 1P and 2P, Yoshimitsu 2P, Hilde 1P and 2P, Viola 1P and 2P, Leixia 2P, Pyrrha 2P, Patroklos 2P, Maxi 2P..

Okay, that's a lot

SoulCalibur II: Taki, Raphael, Yunseong
SoulCalibur III: Sophitia, Kilik, Xianghua, Cassandra, Tira, Setsuka
SoulCalibur IV: Maxi, Amy
SoulCalibur V: Mitsurugi, Ivy, Patroklos, Pyrrha

Overall, I liked III's costumes more

If I were to speak with my favourite aesthetics as a whole:
SC3 - PLAYER 2 COSTUMES (More culturally themed, my prefered image of the game. Especially Seigfried's / Tira's, / Taki's / Cassandra's / Seung Mi-na's / Kilik's / Tira's Player 2 costumes.)

SC4 - PLAYER 1 COSTUMES. ( I liked the theme of it being more gothic: especially Tira's / Rapheal's / Amy's / Cervantes / Astaroth's Player 1's)

If you mean costumes as a whole, it's hands down SCIII for me. Each character had an amazing outfit both 1p/2p in my opinion. Soul Calibur 2 barely ties because that game also had some equally amazing outfits. I personally enjoy the first 3 Soul Calibur game outfit designs because the clothing looked more authentic ot the characters' homeland without being too over the top. Soul Calibur 4 had some alright ones, Amy, Raphael, Taki, & Maxi's 1p outfits are my personal faves with Hilde's awesome "Princess Dress". I would have liked Tira's 2p more but it just wasn't that good of a followup to her 2p look in SC3 in my opinion.

Anyway, here is a little breakdown of some of my favorite looks :)

Soul Calibur I
Siegfried 1P
Mitsurugi 2P
Kilik 2P
Hwang 1P
Cervantes 1p
Ivy 2P
Sophitia 2P
Maxi 3P
Rock 2p

Soul Calibur II
Yun-Seong 1P , 2P
Talim 3P
Ivy 3P , 2P
Mitsurugi 2P
Taki 2p (Possibly my most favorite outfit for her of all her outfits) , 3P
Kilik 2p
Xianghua 1p
Nightmare 2P , 1P
Astaroth 1P
Raphael 1P
Sophitia 1P , 2P
Cervantes 1P
Assassin

Soul Calibur III
Amy
Raphael 1P
Siegfried 2P , 2P
Cassandra 2P (Most favorite outfit of hers from all the games)
Tira 2P , 2P
Setsuka 1P (Most beautiful Geisha design I have ever seen in a video game so far)
Zasalamel 1P
Sophitia 1P (Most favorite look of hers from all the games)
Ivy 2P , 1P (Though I think they should have kept the Dark Purple main color theme for this outfit lol)
Seong Mina 2P
Talim 2P
Taki 1P
Xianghua 1P
Cervantes 1P
Abelia

Soul Calibur IV
Amy
Raphael 1P , 2P
Tira 2P
Taki 1P
Cassandra 1P , 2P
Hilde 2P , 1P
Setsuka 2P
Sophitia 1P
Yun-Seong 1P
Maxi 1P
Xianghua 1p
Talim 1P

Soul Calibur V
Raphael 1P (Possibly his best outfit with a good mix between his original meets slight vampire) , 2P (So Macabre, I love it)
Zwei 2P , 2P
Viola 2P , 1P
Tira 2P , 1P
Ivy 1P (Definitely her best look of all IMO) , 2P (Don't like the original color but this one is awesome)
Siegfried 1P
Nightmare 2P
Cervantes 1P
Maxi 1P , 2P
Astaroth 1P , 2P
Algol
Pyrrha 2P
Patroklos 2P
Leixia 2P

Back