>>WOLF'S CREATE-A-SOUL THREAD<<

WolfDemoness

[07] Duelist
Hi there this is my first CaS thread. i plan on updating it daily if not every other day.
system: Ps3

tag: Wolf-_-demoness

>1
SOULCALIBUR.png

>2
SOULCALIBUR_1.png

>3 (back view of 2)
SOULCALIBUR_2.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
SOULCALIBUR_2.png

Like what you see? Hit me up with a review. have something specific you want created? tell me i'll try to make it!

Welcome to the CAS forums. I'm Pocky Yoshi, an ex-mod(yet still with mod powers). From my experiences til now, this part of the forums is rather chill. I remember the days I used to labor more for 8wayrun with vigor. It gotten to the point I became the leader of this CAS thing. Nowadays, I've been succeeded by @Le_Bello and @brucege in respective order. The reason is I'm not as fanatical as I used to be due to my own personal life(everyone has a life you know), yet I still help out when I'm available.

Seeing that you're not only into competitive SC and CAS stuff, I believe you'll fit in nicely.

As for your CAS? They're nice and I can tell your preferences of colors by your profile name. However, they can be a bit incoherent if not careful.

1st CAS
The first one spells out "kitsune kunoichi in the moonlight" in my opinion. Black and blue is nice, but try to throw in another color to make it pop. The CAS pieces also has to correlate. For now, it's kinda awkward. Is she a light armored kitsune kunoichi in the moonlight? Or is she a heavy armored one of some eclipse? Is she a kunoichi who has ties to some European assassin fantasy? Or is she some animish one?

2nd CAS
Is much better on color variety. It's a bit more coherent too, yet I'm not certain on her identity. Egyptian? Fantasy fiction of Greek god stuff? Skimpy dancer?

Im kind of weird with colors. Maybe its OCD i dont know but when i creation i dont like to use a lot of color. i limit it to two usually but i can try and change that. but thanks for the introduction and critism ill use it to help improve my creations a lot!

1st CaS: i was going for a ninja fox thing (best way to describe it lol)

2nd CaS: sorta like a mix of egyptian and tribal.

Next batch of CaS~

>emerald (alt)
Note: this is an alternate costume for another CaS of mine. Due to the rule of no HxD creations, the original will not be posted.
SOULCALIBUR_3.png

>Pyrrha cosplaying as Reno from Final Fantasy 7
SOULCALIBUR_4.png

>Teresea
Note: sort of going for a 19th century aviator theme. Tried my best.
SOULCALIBUR_5.png

That's all for today!

Im kind of weird with colors. Maybe its OCD i dont know but when i creation i dont like to use a lot of color. i limit it to two usually but i can try and change that. but thanks for the introduction and critism ill use it to help improve my creations a lot!

1st CaS: i was going for a ninja fox thing (best way to describe it lol)

2nd CaS: sorta like a mix of egyptian and tribal.

Characters like Nightmare have small add-ons to his outfit to keep it from being too repetitive. Demonic arm has it's own colors, blood yet silky smooth red hair, the clothes under his armor is a dull gray, the horn has a little touch of hellfire to compliment the demonic arm.

Rather than to leave the leather boots a dull neutral eaten up brown, some peeps want to color it say blue to match absolutely everything to the blue and white color scheme. In general, it's about the color balance. Two color scheme's are fine, but try not to choke up CAS in just that. Your CAS are fine, just need little tweaks here and there and they're fine.

Characters like Nightmare have small add-ons to his outfit to keep it from being too repetitive. Demonic arm has it's own colors, blood yet silky smooth red hair, the clothes under his armor is a dull gray, the horn has a little touch of hellfire to compliment the demonic arm.

Rather than to leave the leather boots a dull neutral eaten up brown, some peeps want to color it say blue to match absolutely everything to the blue and white color scheme. In general, it's about the color balance. Two color scheme's are fine, but try not to choke up CAS in just that. Your CAS are fine, just need little tweaks here and there and they're fine.

Thanks pocky! ill post more tomorrow!

Welcome, WD! Here's some of my thoughts on your work.

Fox ninja: I kinda like the hyper-saturated blue-on-black for a SciFi ninja kinda look. But the gold highlights on the armor and the distinctly antique style fashion throw it off. I think you were envisioning something like this:
Sci-Fi-Art-OXAN-Studio-Cyber-Mafia-Boss-Samurai-992x1403.jpg
....which is really hard to CaS, so don't worry if it doesn't turn out as you like.

Egyptian swamp girl: very interesting. Lovely sticker job on the skirt. Swampy/grungy look. The elaborate Elysium footwear looks out-of-place. Metal ears and wings. No idea how those fit into your Egyptian/Tribal look. The design's utterly lacking in cohesion, but somehow it's refreshingly spontaneous. Good work.

Emerald alt: Aesthetically speaking, it's not unpleasant to the eyes. The sleeves flow out nicely from the Pyrrha shawl, and they complement the long, plain skirt. Splash of black and green on torso adds some layering and color contrast. Like a fantasy priestess/librarian, which is great. But other than that, no stickers and no SpecEq, which is boring. Try swapping out the Pyrrha shirt for something you can deck out yourself with stickers/SpecEq.

Pyrreno: not feeling this one.

Teresea: good foundation. Looks like you're going for a steampunk kinda look with those goggles. Bowler hat + fingerless gloves is very British slums too, so that's working great. A little too much brown and not enough technique. Try layering more clothing, exposing more skin, or experimenting with pocket stickers. You might be able to make a watch fob out of SpecEq with a chain and a bolt. Or throwing in a whole bunch of scrolls w/ newspaper pattern and turning her into some kind of steampunk delivery girl. Then you could throw on some random gears, bowties, or belts. A hundred things you can do with this one.

Overall you've got a fun, quirky style. I'd like to see what you can do once you've acquired some sticker and SpecEq techniques. This thread will get you off to a strong start:
http://8wayrun.com/threads/school-of-cas-advanced-cas-technique.18282/
Good luck!

Welcome, WD! Here's some of my thoughts on your work.

Fox ninja: I kinda like the hyper-saturated blue-on-black for a SciFi ninja kinda look. But the gold highlights on the armor and the distinctly antique style fashion throw it off. I think you were envisioning something like this:
View attachment 43888
....which is really hard to CaS, so don't worry if it doesn't turn out as you like.

Egyptian swamp girl: very interesting. Lovely sticker job on the skirt. Swampy/grungy look. The elaborate Elysium footwear looks out-of-place. Metal ears and wings. No idea how those fit into your Egyptian/Tribal look. The design's utterly lacking in cohesion, but somehow it's refreshingly spontaneous. Good work.

Emerald alt: Aesthetically speaking, it's not unpleasant to the eyes. The sleeves flow out nicely from the Pyrrha shawl, and they complement the long, plain skirt. Splash of black and green on torso adds some layering and color contrast. Like a fantasy priestess/librarian, which is great. But other than that, no stickers and no SpecEq, which is boring. Try swapping out the Pyrrha shirt for something you can deck out yourself with stickers/SpecEq.

Pyrreno: not feeling this one.

Teresea: good foundation. Looks like you're going for a steampunk kinda look with those goggles. Bowler hat + fingerless gloves is very British slums too, so that's working great. A little too much brown and not enough technique. Try layering more clothing, exposing more skin, or experimenting with pocket stickers. You might be able to make a watch fob out of SpecEq with a chain and a bolt. Or throwing in a whole bunch of scrolls w/ newspaper pattern and turning her into some kind of steampunk delivery girl. Then you could throw on some random gears, bowties, or belts. A hundred things you can do with this one.

Overall you've got a fun, quirky style. I'd like to see what you can do once you've acquired some sticker and SpecEq techniques. This thread will get you off to a strong start:
http://8wayrun.com/threads/school-of-cas-advanced-cas-technique.18282/
Good luck!

Thank you everyone! ill try my best to improve!

Back