Xbox 1 tidbits

Lighting on that pillar is beautiful.. Crytek's CryEngine 4th Gen sure is pretty although the reviews on that game are almost unanimously horrible. Looking forward to what future games will look like. I know everyone wants high frame rates but that's arguable aesthetic IMO (as long as it's not choppy). It's a question of super high frame rates to get a superficial "video" look or lower frame rates to have a more traditional "film" look quality. But then again, these are polygon generated graphics - not film. So the later is probably more desirable.

I'm trying to imagine what the next iteration of a Soul Calibur game would look like on both XB1 and SC4 - my guess it's probably going to look something similar very close to the original E3 promotional high rez renders of SC4 of which of none of the previous generation consoles could ever be capable of.

Anyways, how are most of you guys liking the XB1? I have a PS4 but eventually early next year will pick up a XB1 as well. I've tried the XB1 over a friend's place - not sure I like the clicky shoulder buttons or the triggers though - will need to get use to that. Otherwise the console is overall pretty cool even though aesthetically it looks like a big TIVO.

This game might be utter shit, but it sure is pretty.

rome_by_raziel1992-d6ubt2u.gif

5_by_raziel1992-d6ubzfr.gif

iRYSTylLISrou.gif

friday-damn.gif

Kinda wish they had gone for framerate over resolution.

Another great game with stunning graphics, stunning load times, and stunning frame rate that isn't even available on PC.. >:]

http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=5247&game=Ryse: Son Of Rome

So I'm not sure why I bothered getting this thing. The only two games I got for it are Battlefield 4 and Assassin's Creed 4 and both of them have screwed up servers right now. Everyone knows about Battlefield not working and I already posted in the Assassin's Creed thread about the problems I'm having with that. So I basically have a big black box with two games that won't work, loads of fun. Granted these server issues are on the developer's end and not the console's fault but still I feel like I wasted money right now.

Also I'm gonna drop this in here-

I'm guessing Ryse is basically like Kameo: ROE. The game is pretty to look at but it's pretty shit.

However, I'm not spending money on this thing until there is a game that convinces me to get it or I can buy it without that stupid, fucking peripheral.

LOL, the comments on that video: "the 138 gigs is reserved for NSA spying". Priceless. Kappa

This is why I wait a year or two before I jump ship. People are doing it to soon and are paying the price for it.

Once we get external USB saves the problem will be solved... xD Wii-U ran into this problem literally the first week. It had 32GBs of storage space of which you had to spend 8GBs just to install the day one update!

I'm getting really pissed off that I can't play either of my current games online right now, I still can't get either AC4 or BF4 to connect to their servers. On BF I keep getting that "Lost connection to EA servers" crap the instant I select the multiplayer option on the main menu and on AC4 I keep getting "cannot connect to Ubisoft servers" when I try the same thing, or even when I try to use the fleet minigame. I think it might be my router but I can't tell. (we got xfinity a few months ago)

When I check the Detailed network statistics on my XB1 I get-

Download speed - 22.25 Mbps

Upload speed - 6.73 Mbps (These two vary each time obviously)

Download packet loss - 0%

Upload packet loss - 1%

MTU - 1480

Latency - 87 ms

Wireless strength - 85%

Detailed NAT information - Your network is behind a cone NAT (can someone tell me what that even means)

Status code 0x2000054

Can someone with an XB1 let me know if this is normal or is my internet fucked?

I'm getting really pissed off that I can't play either of my current games online right now, I still can't get either AC4 or BF4 to connect to their servers. On BF I keep getting that "Lost connection to EA servers" crap the instant I select the multiplayer option on the main menu and on AC4 I keep getting "cannot connect to Ubisoft servers" when I try the same thing, or even when I try to use the fleet minigame. I think it might be my router but I can't tell. (we got xfinity a few months ago)

When I check the Detailed network statistics on my XB1 I get-

Download speed - 22.25 Mbps

Upload speed - 6.73 Mbps (These two vary each time obviously)

Download packet loss - 0%

Upload packet loss - 1%

MTU - 1480

Latency - 87 ms

Wireless strength - 85%

Detailed NAT information - Your network is behind a cone NAT (can someone tell me what that even means)

Status code 0x2000054

Can someone with an XB1 let me know if this is normal or is my internet fucked?

^ Whoa... O_o;;; I haven't had any problems on mine like that, and my friend's XB1 either. The only issue we had is when you download a game sometimes your internet can spike corrupting the install. So I'll have the game freeze at the same point when playing Ryse... So I'll uninstall it, re-install it, and the 2nd level is now perfectly fine, but then maybe it'll completely freeze again at level 5!

So I think it's a software issue for me. As for BF4 and CoD Ghosts I haven't had a problem at all with the online servers and the dedicated server for Ghosts rocks!! >:D Also about BF4, people on the internet have been saying BF4 has been deleting people's data across consoles, and when your Cloud uploads the data to your next save point... You then lose your previous save. =P

Check your router settings to see if your NAT type is set to open. It should be set to open.

Go figure the instant I post that, it lets me in. o_O Two weeks of not being able to play and suddenly it decides to be nice. Wtf.

*Very bizzare. When I first turn the console on it won't work but then when I go and check those stats I showed above it works fine afterwards. I don't really get it but as long as I'm able to play I'm happy.

Last edited:
Back