Xbox One Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZOo00OOm

is dead
Who else watched the stream?

It looks like a DVD player. A fat DVD player.

microsoft-xbox-one.jpg

Also, "Xbox One"? Is that seriously the best name that they came up with? The actual event wasn't that special. They ended up talking about sports for half an hour before ending on Call Of Duty: Ghosts, getting us hyped on last gen technology and a dog.

971248_583507198347653_1819825859_n.jpg

Disappointing. They spent too much time talking about a feature that amounts to a voice activated TV remote, and too little on games. Game-wise all they really showed were the sports games, CoD, and that Quantum game (briefly). I'm assuming they're saving the games for E3, but if this serves as an indicator of how they'll be handling this generation, I'm out. If they weren't going to show anything until E3, they should have just held off on the unveiling until then. I also thought the name was horrible; it's going to take some time before hearing "Xbox One" makes me think of the new system and not the original. I can already sense tons of people getting an original Xbox this Christmas by mistake.

Overall, with the lack of games, focus on TV, forced integration of Kinect and cloud gaming, total lack of backwards compatibility, and awkward name, I'd say it was a pretty bad first impression. It didn't make me, or my brother (who owned both the original Xbox and Xbox 360), want an Xbox One. Unless they come up with some godlike exclusives on E3, I'm not giving a cent to Microsoft this generation. I love my Xbox 360, but this is pathetic.

Oh, and it looks like it was designed in Minecraft.

Xbox One looks like its going to be a terrible buy for anybody who enjoys playing ther singleplayer games offline, or for anybody who uses their gaming consoles for any sort of fulfilling gaming experience whatsoever, instead of just watching netflix and playing COD.

As a gamer, I feel insulted that they've gone down this road. I couldnt be anymore disappointed.

At least there's still a chance for us, for when PS4 comes out right? I strongly feel Sony is pretty much our only hope at this point.

With Microsoft fucking up this badly, Nintendo might actually have a chance (if they release a real controller that is).

Only time will tell. honestly im not very certain of how bright the future of gaming actually is. fortunately i've got a strong PC that i can run to, but not everybody has that option, and they shouldnt have to either.

there is always nintendo, but i like to stick my money with what i know - i've never been a big risk taker. with what i know so far, it seems that PS4 might not be so bad, so long as they dont follow Microsoft. PS4 > WiiU > Xbox One.

But if nintendo steps things up and suprises us, i would gladly welcome it. i just dont feel sure of it enough to bet on it.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/21/xbox-one-will-not-function-without-kinect-attached
The Xbox One will be always Kinected because a Kinect comes with every Xbox One.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/5/21/4348916/xbox-used-games
All games will be installed & to play used games you have to pay a small fee.

Microsoft loves turning the Xbox brand into a cable box rather than a console. About 85 % of that conference was about their new console being a cable box. Is the Xbox One a Next Gen Console or a Cable Box?

I don't think Microsoft understands how counting works. They went from the original to the 360 and now to the One.

Forgive my silly joke. But really, it doesn't look too impressive to me... And no backwards compatibility... That would be my only reason for sticking with the Xbox at this point, so I'll probably end up jumping on the PS4 bandwagon as well. They have better exclusives, anyways.

What they're turning into at the base of it is a computer. Multitasking, Skype, things that aren't video games, and so on. It makes me wonder if they took the people that should have been busy making Windows 8 good and stuck them with the Xbox team.

If they dont change the used game thing ad the fact that it cant play 360 games I WONT be buying it. I wanted the next gen of gaming not the next gen of TV.

This is just ridiculous. Its a fancy DVD player with voice control.

I will quote someone from facebook. "They call it xbox one because it took 359 steps back"

Not even slightly impressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back