Xbox One S

HydroJames

Shining Sea Dragon
Have you guys heard of the Xbox One S?

Do you think it is worth buying if you already have the original model?

Well for various reasons like...
  • I wish to share and play my games with my older brother. We already own two Playstation 4 consoles so we could share and play each other's games.
  • I am very intrigued by the XBO S' new features.
If that's the case, perhaps you would recommend that I wait for Scorpio instead?

In my opinion the Xbox One S is reasonable priced from $300-$400, but the Xbox One family including Scorpio won't have new exclusive games. Especially after Microsoft's E3 2016 conference because every game is going to be on a Windows 10 PC making it a multiplat. Thae last real exclusive was Halo 5: Guardians, but it may come to PC at a later date. This reminds me of the PS4.5 not being at E3, but it could still released this year.

I have a PC so there's no good reason to get an Xbox One regardless.

Hopefully future releases wont' run like shit ala Quantum Break.

This is so weird I was reading this thread earlier today and then later on my brother randomly gets an Xbox One S.

Anyone else get one of these? (My regular one died back in March and I figured just buy the new nicer one than pay $200 or whatever it costs now to get it fixed)

I noticed they got rid of the TV app but it still has the HDMI IN port in the back. I assume you can still play other devices through the One S but I'm not sure how it works now. Every time I google it all I get are questions about the 4k passthrough and compatibility.

I'm saving up for the Scorpio, personally.

Probably the best advise, no reason to buy the original or new S models, when a more powerful version (Scorpio) is just around the corner, and make for a better investment.

Back