Yoshi Gameplay Videos

Hmm... I guess I'm looking for the first white flash or w/e?
You're aiming to press button that comes after the colon in the notation (4A :A :A :A :A) just when previous attack's hit frames occur. This point in time occurs during one of the 60 frames per second that the game runs on. The game checks what inputs were given on each frame and if you input it at the right moment, you get a white flash and improved properties. This moment is the just frame or JF. Moves that require inputs on their JF are known as JF moves.

The colon usually shows where in the input the JF is and that's usually enough for anyone know they mean the JF version, but people don't want to type it all out all the time and if you don't space the letters out awkwardly you get 4A:A:A:A:A because of the : A : smiley.

You're aiming to press button that comes after the colon in the notation (4A :A :A :A :A) just when previous attack's hit frames occur. This point in time occurs during one of the 60 frames per second that the game runs on. The game checks what inputs were given on each frame and if you input it at the right moment, you get a white flash and improved properties. This moment is the just frame or JF. Moves that require inputs on their JF are known as JF moves.

The colon usually shows where in the input the JF is and that's usually enough for anyone know they mean the JF version, but people don't want to type it all out all the time and if you don't space the letters out awkwardly you get 4A:A:A:A:A because of the : A : smiley.

Cool..I'd guess it's probably easier to do it in offline matches. Wish I could play from work!

@WilliamMunny Just watched your vid above, JF moves notwithstanding, that was quite solid. Your opponent eats 214A a lot though (actually 214A is great against Nightmare's GS A, 4K BE 2nd hit etc) but try to do 66A+B or DNK 3B/2K after 214A. 9B+KK 2nd hit is not guaranteed and can be punished. Get down stances and iMCF asap though, they are a big part of his game :)

Anyway here you go for anti-Voldo.

Sorry about the obscene win pose!

Next up maybe Maxi

@WilliamMunny Just watched your vid above, JF moves notwithstanding, that was quite solid. Your opponent eats 214A a lot though (actually 214A is great against Nightmare's GS A, 4K BE 2nd hit etc) but try to do 66A+B or DNK 3B/2K after 214A. 9B+KK 2nd hit is not guaranteed and can be punished. Get down stances and iMCF asap though, they are a big part of his game :)

Anyway here you go for anti-Voldo.

Sorry about the obscene win pose!

Next up maybe Maxi

Thanks! Sometimes I'll go through fights without using 3B at all but I need to incorporate it. Certainly to get extra damage on some of the stuff I'm already doing. I guess I'm able to do FC MCF....but...iMCF not so much. Such a pain in the ass! Awesome fight vs Voldo...you've given me stuff to think about.

Gyrating vaginas are my favorite so I'm not offended...but I really hope they remove that win pose in the next game....

I'm WilliamMunny... btw.. need to delete that acct or retire it.

Every perfect, Aris says "seven stupid looking letters"... I feel like I'm missing a joke?

He's parodying Tekken's commentary where they say "Seven Golden letters" because he thinks it's dumb [OFF TOPIC link for you Juz]

Ah ok, I never really got into tekken so didn't pick up on that.

I would come to Edge Master but it's the day after my wedding, suspect my wife-to-be would be somewhat unimpressed if we took a detour on our honeymoon to play SC :)

I thought this conversation on my profile page about the match might be of interest to some of you. Doc's first message is in reply to my comment on the video page:

Signia
Fantastic Yoshi play by Furzy. I think he played his 3B a:B+K setups wrong, though. He needed to be throwing out step-in deathcopter and step-in iFC3K (catches all techs), and do less 236B and 66A+B when not a super-close launch (catches right tech in that situation) against someone who either techs and JGs the UB or plays dead.

Also, his meter usage seemed very lacking. He mostly used meter for GI CE, which is good and all, but 3A CH confirm into BE is a very good tool, though maybe not in this matchup so much. CE block punishes and whiff punishes were also possible, though that's not easy. Wrong punish for aB as well. 3B has more range than 6K and will punish aB harder. Still, the punishes he did get were on point.

Really, he could have won. But those JGs on the suicide were amazing.​
Yesterday at 3:17 PM Report
__________________________________________________________________________________
docvizzo
Yo,​
The thing about cervantes is that UB Setups after aB+K are more or less combo. Even if i dont press anything it hits. Hitbox issue i guess. Its really annoying.​
Yesterday at 5:41 PM Delete Report
Like Comment

1. docvizzo
    When i play pyrrha its so cool to just lay there and wait, all UBS willl just whiff. IMO Yoshis BEs are pure crap to be honest. Furzy has godlike iMCF execution, so there is no need to use MCF BE to much. The rest is not really worth it, is it? Easy JG, easy Auto Gi.​
    Yesterday at 5:42 PM Delete

2. docvizzo
    I feel like GI into CE is a good way to spend meter as Yoshi. So much damage. I dont know if you saw how i was trying to bait it all the time, but still its really a gamble whenever he has 150%.​

3. docvizzo
    If you have any specific advice tell Furzy, im sure he will be glad. i somehow managed to get him back into SC5, so i hope he will stay for a bit.

As ia said in the cervy thread, in a tournament i would play a bit different. Its really easy to space Yoshi, but i didnt want to play like an asshole. We upload the matches mainly for fun for the audience , so people can see some close matches.​

4. docvizzo
    Seeing pure tactical play is boring, if i want to win badly i'd play different. Yoshi has some huge issue with proper spacing imo, he needs a good long range tool, then he is really fine.​

5. Signia
    BE iMCF is useless except when you want to spend meter to make sure an iMCF lands. Certain spacings after hitting 66A BE require 6B BE, and it did occur once in the uploaded matches (normal iMCF was properly timed but was a hair too far away).​
    Yesterday at 10:03 PM Delete

6. Signia
    3A BE is to be used only if 3A hits CH. It is very easy to CH confirm, and it catches step. So it's a tracking launcher if it catches a step! This has tremendous value by the edge -- if they step, they risk getting carried off a the stage a long distance.​
    Yesterday at 10:07 PM Delete

7. Signia
    So, little risk of big punishment, if you only finish the string when you get a CH. 3A is -14 on its own, and you still can finish it and take a risk to beat punishment.​
    Yesterday at 10:07 PM Delete

8. Signia
    66A BE kinda serves the same purpose as 3A BE, except you can't CH confirm it and it has longer range. It's an unsafe way of beating TC, step, and backstep for big damage. Standard combo does around 90 damage on CH, or you can start the UB setup. So it's just ok... im pretty sure you can 8WR it and get a free whiff punish so it's really risky. Doesn't happen often, tbh.​
    Yesterday at 10:15 PM Delete

9. Signia
    Yoshi long range tools are lacking but maybe tell Furzy to look at just far 2B reaches. It's weak and only +2 on hit, but it's something. I'm sure he knows iFC 3K's range and use in the neutral game.

There are also backstep catching setups possible using 44bB. Backstep takes 20 frames, so i16 44b:B can be used after stuff like 2K hit, iMCF blocked, and maybe BB, AA, and 3K, depending on how close you are.​
    Yesterday at 10:24 PM Delete

10. Signia
    I'll disclaim I don't think I'm better than Furzy by giving this advice, I'd just like see Yoshi players seeing just how good his tools can be. Lots of typos in my posts :( no edit button​
    Yesterday at 10:30 PM Delete

Great post Signia, thanks a lot for your tips! I'll try to use more of 44bB as an anti-backstep and the dash after a:B+K combos, not used to it.

I'm out of practice, haven't played since a long time but now that Dockyboy is back in Geneva it's a good opportunity to play again (although I still think the game system is crap ;p). As I said on the french forum, I'm aware I'm making a lot of mistakes :( Bad meter usage (not really used to the new GI system and BEs), some missed punishments/whiff punishments, bad wall combos, etc. Oh well, I'll try to do better next time (or not) :p

Thanks again!

About no 10, you might not be better than me but you definitely have more knowledge on SC5 than me so keep posting tips :)

I am definetely better than all of you :P

I thought you really used too much 6K to stop me from dashing into Step etc. I think you should just use AA a lot Furzy. Remember in SC4 you played like this sometimes.

Since Cervantes has no TC Moves at all you can safely spam more AA when i dash into you. Im not gonna dash into crouch.

ShenChan does this with Cervantes also, Maxou does it with Alpha quite a lot. Since Yoshi has still an awesome AA i think thats a better replacement for the 6Ks. Bear in Mind i could punish you even harder for those...so somehow you need to get a replacement.

Yeah I guess but look at CH 6K damage, it's really appealing ;) Or I could train those 4A JFs but meh, too lazy :p

Not the best play by either of us but footage all the same

Branstar then goes his main. Didn't play particularly well here either

Notes: - I'm in the habit now of 6B BE after 22K. A waste of meter most probably but it guarantees that DNK will pick up on the chars that it does work on (i.e. Patroklos) in the combo I use there for guaranteed damage (22K, 6B BE, RCC 3B, a:B+K, DNK, 2K). Trying to break the habit mind. On Astaroth if land 22K an imcf 66B DNK combo would be a better choice most likely.

Not sure why I was running up and trying to throw after GI as well, as can probably reach anyway - and I rarely go for the throw after GI. Branstar doesn't attempt re-GIs either - so it was kind of a wasted effort there.

Also, FC 3K is a major part of my game, probably over reliant on it. Need to get consistent with the RCC 3B after. I do change to a more interrupting style of play if FC 3K is getting punished heavily; Branstar could have punished the occasions he did block it much more.

If you guys have anything to add share away :)

Back