Z.W.E.I. General Discussion/Q&A

I've been using Zwei a lot recently. He's way more fun than I thought and now I'm hooked.
Good man, if you're onlineand ever need tips, either add me, SNORTTmeimDOPE, or MooseBarrage, or AndyRoo if you want to play some good ZWEIs and learn him a bit, if you're on PSN, then the only one I know if is Zane.

Good man, if you're onlineand ever need tips, either add me, SNORTTmeimDOPE, or MooseBarrage, or AndyRoo if you want to play some good ZWEIs and learn him a bit, if you're on PSN, then the only one I know if is Zane.

Sure, my GT is below my name to the left. ZWEI seems pretty strong damage wise and can wreck people on wakeup but I've been having trouble against Raph, of all people. Obviously Raph's only strength is zoning but it works really well against ZWEI it seems.

if you're on PSN
STRYDERcm
FinalLifeG
Darkwings13
Doomgucci
Hawkfalcon1
Hammer _5280 (aka Egg)
something something History (forget his name)
Cross_of_Ravens
Low77... or something.

Errr... I had a whole list but I forgot them since they don't play as much. The top players on that list would be FinalLifeG and Stryder.

You can play my zwei Landslide im still pretty strong with him.
I saw your invite last night but my notifications were off. Sorry, I'll watch for you next time!

Same, he has become my second main next to voldo.

We're in the exact same boat, then, I'm a Voldo main myself but I also play Patroklos and some others.

The only thing I'm confused about ZWEI with right now is how to delay B+K* properly.

Last edited:
I saw your invite last night but my notifications were off. Sorry, I'll watch for you next time!

We're in the exact same boat, then, I'm a Voldo main myself but I also play Patroklos and some others.

The only thing I'm confused about ZWEI with right now is how to delay B+K* properly.

A good question :).

So far there are 4 different timings for the B+K*.

1 - B+K*
2 - (B+K)* hold for a few frames.
3 - (B+K)* long hold
4 - B+K* > B+K

In training mode:
Look closely at the animation of B+K*
Then Do (B+K)*. You will notice he glows brighter when he does the hold variation. If you hold B+K then you will get the max version which comes out later. If you hold the input then release you will get version 2.

Note: B+K* can fail to come out if:
Get hit
You are blocking an attack
If you use Ein during the charge
You taunt
You UB cancel

Ein will still come out if
You are JG'ing
Guard burst (either player) Requires timing
Jumping or moving
Attacking
Just holding Guard

B+K* > B+K is a special exception to the rules. This sequence will give you max hold everytime. If you try to use a hold variation and then do B+K, Zwei will do an einless B+K.

each of these have multiple setups and uses. We have not compiled the info yet but here is a good place to start.

B+K* > 66BA (whiff the B) > 1A
B+K* > 22K > Ein > 1A
B+K* > 4KB > Ein > 1A
B+K* > 44A > Ein > 1A
B+K* > 1K > Ein > 1A

(B+K)* Slight hold > 66B+K >Ein > G > 1A
(B+K)* Slight hold> Step BB > Ein > 1A
(B+K)* Slight hold > 3A > Ein > 1A
(B+K)* Slight hold > 44B > Ein > CE/1A

(B+K)* > 66A+B > Ein > 1A
(B+K)* > 1K hits grounded > Ein > 1A

Note: If you use (B+K)* and then try to use Ein withen a few frames of recovery from the Brave edge, the next move you do will be Einless and will not cancel the Brave edge timer.

B+K* > B+K > BB > Ein > 1A
This is a JF combo.

B+K* > B+K > 4B > Ein > 1A

Last edited:
Rocktopus you're the best and flashiest Cervantes I have ever played... and met for that matter, stop with the Siegfried bullshit and go back to your character. Last time I played you offline all I saw was a Geo Da fucking Ray up my ass three times whenever I whiffed something lol I better see that Rocktopus again at SCR. And, likewise, you're the Signia of Cervantes :] but you know... flashier lol

I can only do that stuff offline because I can punish you with them as fast as I can :D. Hence, that Rocktopus only exists offline ;)

If you are still having trouble using B+K*, then here is an exorcise to help you out

B+K* > 3B > Ein whiffs
Try this out and feel it out a little.

Hold B+K* > 3B > Ein
When you hold B+K you will find that there are 2 additional timings Ein can come out at. Your goal here is to do the max hold version into 3B. If you do this correctly Ein will smash them out of the air.

Uses for the long hold:

Setting up from range
Setting up a vortex linker
Setting up vs GI

When usng the long hold you will have more time to get close to your opponent and still have time for a setup.

Vs Gi. Since you are changing the timing... some players like to GI Ein, if you do B+K* > 6 > 4B > Ein

And the player GI's Ein. Now try doing the long hold version and see how easy it is to GI. This is known as breaking rythem. This is rather sneaky and can win you a round.

Hey guys I found something really useful regarding ZWEIs CE.
As you should know CE > B+K* > 1K > Ein hit > 1A works on the following-
Zwei, Natsu, Seigfried, Cervy, Aeon, Tira, Nightmare, Yoshi, Damp,Voldo, Asta and Algol.

Well if you delay the 1K slightly you can get it to combo on the rest of cast. (except aPat and P.O)

66a BE*, 8k. 8k hit choose followup, 8k hit guard, backstep. This seems like a cool setup to me. 8k jumps lows and catches sidestep. If they dry to duck 8k you can release the hound. All in all, they have to assume that you are going to do the charged 66a BE to interrupt, and the window is small.

Yo Wolf Pack
Just to let you know after next week imma continue with the MU threads, real life been busy lately :(
Also the 66B write up which I said I'd do I haven't forgotten @Zane lol
Oh man I cant wait. No rush though. Once I get that info down about 66B a lot of things will change in the match ups ;)

Back