Z.W.E.I. General Discussion/Q&A

Yoo Wolfpack, how goes everyone?
So i've been playing alot recently and im finding this poking, defensive strategy quite effective, still not sure if i can make it to any tournements this year though as much as i want too.
As for these guides, threads im being honest its just alot of effort for me the times i get to play SC id rather just play ofc if they any questions ill do my best to answer them.
And guys about this fb poll namco are doing its the closest thing to an SC6 reveal we have had, now i voted for ZWEI ofc hes got about 60 odd votes 4 days after the poll came out which is still a good number compared to some votes other characters are getting, if this is a set up for a sc6 roster we gonna want our wolfboy ZWEI in there.
I'm sure they wont kill him off after his first appearance however lets give our werewolf some help
#ZWEIforSC6

Dont worry Im still around as well. Broke my finger a month and a half ago so I had to take a break from playing.

Poke Defence is amazing. Just dont try to Counter Poke to much or you will be easy to read.

Hint for anyone out there: If you can duck a High try to use WR B after ducking the attack. Some AA's will counter this attempt such as Lexias AA or Pyrras AA for example.

The solution is: If you can JG the first A, you will have time to do a WR B, The WR B will counter this example unless they only use a single A.

Serious question:Is Z.W.E.I the first homosexual SC character?

Now i know that Harada is a troll,but i wonder if he was serious about this guy being a homosexual.

Serious question:Is Z.W.E.I the first homosexual SC character?

Now i know that Harada is a troll,but i wonder if he was serious about this guy being a homosexual.
I think he was calling Zwei's outfit gay lol.
I agree. It's a hideous outfit. His 2p waa better xD

Calling wolfpack members, I have found a few new things.

6a ch 4b be combos... This was probably known at the start of the game but up until now I've never seen it used, this combo it's actually great for ROs before to RO with 6a ch was step forward 1k be, but now 6a ch 4b be step forward 1k be etc much further range you carry them.

Death wall combo voldo stage-
66a w! (wall falls down) 6a - 4b be - run forward abit 1k be - step forward 1k be - a+b RO

Next few things slide into b+K be is his best set up, 1k is a force block no matter what as apat can't even get up CE in time, ofc you can mix this up with 214b or timed 2k for big damage or other knockdown

Finally b throw step forward 2k is a good mix up to enforce

Hey Wolfpack, letting you guys know that i will be attending EMS 2015 in London on the 12th September :)

I will be using ZWEI

it's my goal to make top 8 :)

Got 2 more weeks to train and the characters i will be most likely to be facing are -

1 Pat
1 Lei
3 Cervantes
2 Yoshi
1 Voldo
2 Omega
1 aPat

Competition is quite high as UK's and France's best players will be there aswell as Lolo from Mexico.

If i can get a stream link i will post it :)

#ZWEI4lyf

Hey Wolfpack, letting you guys know that i will be attending EMS 2015 in London on the 12th September :)

I will be using ZWEI

it's my goal to make top 8 :)

Got 2 more weeks to train and the characters i will be most likely to be facing are -

1 Pat
1 Lei
3 Cervantes
2 Yoshi
1 Voldo
2 Omega
1 aPat

Competition is quite high as UK's and France's best players will be there aswell as Lolo from Mexico.

If i can get a stream link i will post it :)

#ZWEI4lyf
(>-^o^-) Good luck! will be rooting for you Andy!

I have a question to the experimental ZWEI players.
What is the reason of the move 66K? It doesn't do anything special. Poor damage, not particularly fast, bad range and doesn't look cool either. At least is -9, so maybe we can call it safe?
I don't know. It still seem really bad.

Its not a fantastic move by any means but it does have a few uses-

A i19 mid which is safe.

its a decent middle ground move, sometimes you want the slow but not too slow mid option what is safe on block, its got okay range and breaks in 15.

its best use imo is in conjuction with Ein, its your mid attack you can throw out while still being able to hold onto Ein.

So 1B hold max charged off something like a CH 1B hold when they tech or when you land a 22a/3b/44a or any 1B set up move.
also works with 66a+b hold first hit hits run up 66k ein attacks and your now in their face with advantage.

basically its almost good to block when you got a Ein coming striaght after then its your turn to attack again and helps keep the offensive going in those situations.

and if its blocked consistently here it can be replaced with 2k/throws

few examples -

22A hit - 1B hold max charge - they tech/block - run up 66K blocked - release Ein quickly after so cant be ducked - BB/2K/2A/throw/9B/GI

6A CH - 66A+B hold first hit hits - they tech/block - run up 66K blocked - release Ein to make you safer - BB/2K/2A/throw/66B/6A

6A CH - 66A+B hold first hit hits - they duck/try to interupt - 66K hits - release Ein launchers - A+B/8A+B/1B set up combo.

CH 1B hold - they tech/block - run up throw

44a hit - 1B max hold - they tech and they step try and throw out a move to interupt you - you wait and release Ein as whif punish - combo into 66BA

Last edited:
Yo Wolfpack, Andy here.
Wanna talk about the EMS 2015 in London and my placing with our one and only character- Z.W.E.I

So its my third year going this tournement and each year i do better and better i feel.

i will go over the games I had in the tourney, thoughts, score and add video to the few games that were recorded of me.

Groups. (Group A)

and my opponents were -

WolfLoneThe (Pat)
Maxou (Voldo)
Lysurgic (Omega)
Bushindu (Ivy)

Game 1 - Maxou (Voldo)
End result - Andyroo 3 - 1
First game of the tournement and i was up against one of the favourites to win the whole thing.. Maxou. Easily the best Voldo in EU having very good knowledge of the character and a strong defense, in short you don't wanna draw him in tournement.
Ive played him online alot and the matches are either even or go in his favor.

So we sat down and played and was able to take a early lead bringing it to 2 -0. In short i didnt wanna be playing Maxou's game essientally freezing up and getting picked apart by Voldos pokes and BT mix ups, my answer? keep him still and not let tourney nerves get to me, Run up 2a/run up throw/run up wait and plenty of ZWEI moves i feel wasnt getting dealt with accordingly for example B hold a great move for spacing and keeping honest but especially vs Voldo as his side step isnt the best aswell as getting full benefits from 66a+b as it would only be GI'd every so often.

He took the next game then i was able to roll out another win, very good games to Maxou and i was his only loss in groups which i was pretty proud of.

Game 2 - Bushindu (Ivy)
End result Andyroo 3 - 2
Good ol Bushy, he may not play very much but you have to be careful as knows how to keep you honest. Ivy aswell you always have to be prepared for that 3B and the free 1Ks she gets which is hard as hell to block. i went in this game with my ZWEI MU knowledge testers and usual tactics of reading the horizontal high or stepping mid and getting big whiff punishment damage stacked up.

He switched to Viola the last game which was fine as i can run the spacing game more. GGs bushy.

Game 3 - WolfLoneThe (Pat)
End result Wolf 3 -0
Number 1 UK player, so calm in sitautions and the UK player to beat Wolf stands before me. Played plenty online but not recently, It was time to show him how ive improved and tbf i'd say i did, he beat me with his soild play and 1 retarded ZWEI whiff combo which you can actually see in this match video. Anyhow i feel i learnt alot and for him to be my only loss in groups cant be too unhappy with that.

Game 4 - Lysurgic (Omega)
End result Andyroo 3 -2
This guy has really improved since last EMS, and he knows the ZWEI MU too, managed to take the win overall, using delayed timings, spacing and whiff punishement to keep the upper hand. His controller unfortunately kept hitting the PS button aswell mid game, it didnt affect me much but after it happening more than i should of allowed it was able to bring the win home with a 44k post GI ring out. GGs sir!

This was my group stage complete which i was very happy about and made top 16.
from here it was double elimination and after a good score in groups was feeling pretty confident.

First game vs Deus ( Aeon )
Final score Andyroo 3 - 1

Deus coming in from France who had beaten me before at EMS was time for comeback. His Aeon is very scary especially on a RO stage.
I managed to take the win using zwei spacing and frame traps of my own and using throws when i needed to. GGs Deus i was abit more ready for Aeon this time. match footage-

Next game vs Keev (Cervantes)
Final score Keev 3 -0

Guess who i draw next lol one and only Keev. Now i know the Cervy MU well as i play against Cervy alot but Keev's spacing was very good and after a 3 - 0 loss i asked him for advice afterwards and he said to go more offensive and stay in, which i didnt really do here, i should of Played more like i did vs Maxou, either way i played well still and was defintely adapting more to it towards the end of the fight as can be seen here (this fight was recorded by Zer0s phone) -

Final game vs HolyCarp (Omega)
Final score Carp 3 -0

Losers bracket time if i won this game it was top 8 guys with ZWEI which hasnt happened since Toilet back in 2012 lol
My opponent was Carp which was one of the last people i wanted to play and he didnt wanna play me either as we both wanted eachother to get to top 8. Well we gave eachother the im sorry hug before playing then he proceeded to destory me lol after every loss i was taking my time coming up with a plan but really couldnt get anything started, played really well but Carp just kept the upper hand. GGs my friend.

Ranking a decent 9th place overall with our character and only being taken out by EUs biggest contenders imo can go into the small but ever growing book of ZWEIs achievements lol.

In all im happy with the results but unfortunately i dont think they will be another EMS next year according to Joel. However im sure they will be a few France tourneys availble in the future hopefully i can get to one. NEC too expensive :(.

And any games i can get recorded of my ZWEI against top players ill be sure to post them here.

@MarKOed And as always thanks for reading :P

Yo Wolfpack, Andy here.
Wanna talk about the EMS 2015 in London and my placing with our one and only character- Z.W.E.I

So its my third year going this tournement and each year i do better and better i feel.

i will go over the games I had in the tourney, thoughts, score and add video to the few games that were recorded of me.

Groups. (Group A)

and my opponents were -

WolfLoneThe (Pat)
Maxou (Voldo)
Lysurgic (Omega)
Bushindu (Ivy)

Game 1 - Maxou (Voldo)
First game of the tournement and i was up against one of the favourites to win the whole thing.. Maxou. Easily the best Voldo in EU having very good knowledge of the character and a strong defense, in short you don't wanna draw him in tournement.

So we sat down and played and was able to take a early lead bringing it to 2 -0. In short i didnt wanna be playing Maxou's game essientally freezing up and getting picked apart by Voldos pokes and BT mix ups, my answer? keep him still and not let tourney nerves get to me, Run up 2a/run up throw/run up wait and plenty of ZWEI moves i feel wasnt getting dealt with accordingly for example B hold a great move for spacing and keeping honest but especially vs Voldo as his side step isnt the best aswell as getting full benefits from 66a+b as it would only be GI'd every so often.

He took the next game then i was able to roll out another win, very good games to Maxou and i was his only loss in groups which i was pretty proud of.

Game 2 - Bushindu (Ivy)
End result Andyroo 3 - 2
Good ol Bushy, he may not play very much but you have to be careful as knows how to keep you honest. Ivy aswell you always have to be prepared for that 3B and the free 1Ks she gets which is hard as hell to block. i went in this game with my ZWEI MU knowledge testers and usual tactics of reading the horizontal high or stepping mid and getting big whiff punishment damage stacked up.

He switched to Viola the last game which was fine as i can run the spacing game more. GGs bushy.

End result Wolf 3 -0
Number 1 UK player, so calm in sitautions and the UK player to beat Wolf stands before me. Played plenty online but not recently, It was time to show him how ive improved and tbf i'd say i did, he beat me with his soild play and 1 retarded ZWEI whiff combo which you can actually see in this match video. Anyhow i feel i learnt alot and for him to be my only loss in groups cant be too unhappy with that.

End result Andyroo 3 -2
This guy has really improved since last EMS, and he knows the ZWEI MU too, managed to take the win overall, using delayed timings, spacing and whiff punishement to keep the upper hand. His controller unfortunately kept hitting the PS button aswell mid game, it didnt affect me much but after it happening more than i should of allowed it was able to bring the win home with a 44k post GI ring out. GGs sir!

from here it was double elimination and after a good score in groups was feeling pretty confident.

Deus coming in from France who had beaten me before at EMS was time for comeback. His Aeon is very scary especially on a RO stage.
I managed to take the win using zwei spacing and frame traps of my own and using throws when i needed to. GGs Deus i was abit more ready for Aeon this time. match footage-

Final score Keev 3 -0

Guess who i draw next lol one and only Keev. Now i know the Cervy MU well as i play against Cervy alot but Keev's spacing was very good and after a 3 - 0 loss i asked him for advice afterwards and he said to go more offensive and stay in, which i didnt really do here, i should of Played more like i did vs Maxou, either way i played well still and was defintely adapting more to it towards the end of the fight as can be seen here (this fight was recorded by Zer0s phone) -

Final score Carp 3 -0

Losers bracket time if i won this game it was top 8 guys with ZWEI which hasnt happened since Toilet back in 2012 lol
My opponent was Carp which was one of the last people i wanted to play and he didnt wanna play me either as we both wanted eachother to get to top 8. Well we gave eachother the im sorry hug before playing then he proceeded to destory me lol after every loss i was taking my time coming up with a plan but really couldnt get anything started, played really well but Carp just kept the upper hand. GGs my friend.

Ranking a decent 9th place overall with our character and only being taken out by EUs biggest contenders imo can go into the small but ever growing book of ZWEIs achievements lol.

In all im happy with the results but unfortunately i dont think they will be another EMS next year according to Joel. However im sure they will be a few France tourneys availble in the future hopefully i can get to one. NEC too expensive :(.

And any games i can get recorded of my ZWEI against top players ill be sure to post them here.

\(@ ̄∇ ̄@)/Great job at the tourney Andy!!! You did a fabulous job of representing the wolfpack.

Yo Wolfpack, Andy here.

Groups. (Group A)

and my opponents were -

WolfLoneThe (Pat)
Maxou (Voldo)
Lysurgic (Omega)
Bushindu (Ivy)

Game 1 - Maxou (Voldo)

Game 2 - Bushindu (Ivy)
End result Andyroo 3 - 2

End result Wolf 3 -0

End result Andyroo 3 -2

Final score Keev 3 -0

Final score Carp 3 -0

Amazing matches Mr. Andy, you have the ZWEI I aspire to be.

Yoo Guys, i think im gonna carry on with the ZWEI combo thread i had going on. Try to complete it then once that task has been done i really would like to attempt those MUs guides again.

so far i completed ZWEIs 3B and was wondering which combo starter you would like me to go over next?
i plan to do - WRB, 66A+B, B+K, A+G, 6A CH, 3A BE, 4B BE, 66A BE, and anymore requests

so far http://8wayrun.com/threads/zwei-combo-thread.18397/

Yo Watchers of the Z.W.E.I Q&A thread lol

Thought I'd post a small update as its pretty dead not just in this SA but in pretty much all SC5 SAs.

Firstly the EU has lost a ZWEI player not because i've stopped using him but because as of 24th June the UK is no longer a part of the EU lol

I still play him but with a lot of personal life changes atm as well as how dead SC5 is atm basically with how many people still play it could be that my last EMS 2015 was the last tourney for ZWEI to feature I hope that isn't the case but considering Zane no longer plays and I don't see a UK SC tourney happening soon and with UK no longer being apart of EU traveling to tourneys will be even tougher financially.

Still if any offlines happen and get recorded I will try post them here until then I'm still active to help or answer questions about our character
and hopefully and eventually we can get the SC6 announcement and ZWEI will be in that game for us to study and learn all the broken stuff as soon as possible!

That's if hes alive anyway lol

Yo Watchers of the Z.W.E.I Q&A thread lol

Thought I'd post a small update as its pretty dead not just in this SA but in pretty much all SC5 SAs.

Firstly the EU has lost a ZWEI player not because i've stopped using him but because as of 24th June the UK is no longer a part of the EU lol

I still play him but with a lot of personal life changes atm as well as how dead SC5 is atm basically with how many people still play it could be that my last EMS 2015 was the last tourney for ZWEI to feature I hope that isn't the case but considering Zane no longer plays and I don't see a UK SC tourney happening soon and with UK no longer being apart of EU traveling to tourneys will be even tougher financially.

Still if any offlines happen and get recorded I will try post them here until then I'm still active to help or answer questions about our character
and hopefully and eventually we can get the SC6 announcement and ZWEI will be in that game for us to study and learn all the broken stuff as soon as possible!

That's if hes alive anyway lol

it's sad but this is how things go...either way it's time to drop ZWEI and main your girlfriend now...be a family man and raise mini-eins haha

Back