Svetnikov's SCVI Showcase

Kieve

[10] Knight
Welp, after a very long wait, it looks like it's time to go next-gen. We got the PC version, so no nonsense fiddling with screen-capture software at least!

At the suggestion of my dear Rosa, I've revised this first post to be a directory for characters. Sorry for any initial confusion this might cause.
(Click a character's portrait to jump to their post)
Aeon | Zylphia | Lyris | Cass
th_aeon.jpg th_zylphia.jpg th_lyris.jpg th_cass.jpg
Quartz | Fred | Prince | Vivien
th_quartz.jpg th_fred.jpg th_prince.jpg th_vivien.jpg
Mushi | Sasu | Marianne | Toast
th_mushi.jpgth_sasu.jpgth_marianne.jpgth_toast.jpg
Inari (coming soon)
th_inari.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the warm response, folks!
Also glad you guys liked my first pass at Aeon, but I gotta say he was a rush job - made for the Libra of Soul missions, didn't take enough time on him. Shame on me. So I ported him over to the regular CAS roster and made some improvements...

Aeon (Style: Geralt)
SC6_AeonR1 (1).jpg

20181101003459_1.jpg

20181101003546_1.jpg

20181101003639_1.jpg
Liberal use of the gradient pattern on metal trim, armor swaps on the pauldrons/gauntlets (I actually prefer the more rounded armors, but Aeon's stuff was kinda jagged and primal, not so clean-looking), and some stickers for extra embellishment. Flipped the flame SpecEq too, looks a bit more like his headfins got tattered in a fight, or several. Still imperfect, but better I think.

Overall, pretty happy with him now - though as always, I welcome critiques.

Have made some changes to Cass as well, which I'll update sooner or later. As it turns out, my SO's finally made her own account here (whee), so I'll leave the posting of her handiwork in her own hands this time around.

EDIT: Moved original version here.
SC6_Aeon.jpg

I know, SCV Aeon was blue. This is based off a 3P custom of him I used frequently. Tried fudging his headfins with bat-wings at first, but they refused to scale or rotate acceptably. Wish I had another SpecEq slot to further embellish his chestpiece (Seriously, why can lizards not use breastplates?) but I had to give him his horn back.
Of all the stock characters from SCV that didn't make the trip back in time, I am feeling Aeon's loss most keenly - he was my go-to for "smashy smashy" times. There was a certain powerful deliberateness to his moves that just shouted "You should not have screwed with me." Luckily, Geralt seems to suit him pretty well. Although fire spells are no replacement for a flying, fire-breathing dragon-man, it's still good to have my smashy-lizard back.

Last edited:
Totally badass, used voldo's chin piece at about the same position and angle on my dragonrouge, but not for a supplement of armor as you did, which is a good use for it as well, definitely more potential with lizzy than most would think :)
Keep it coming...

And then people complain about not having torso eguipment for his kind. They might wanna check your Aeon buddy, 'cause it's the best Lizard CaS i came across, amazing use of the bat wings SpecEq. His color scheme is also very unique, i've never seen a white Liz go so well with gold-black-dark red armor!

Great stuff, looking forward to more! :)

Hello, Kieve's "better half" here. =^.^= I figured we could share this thread for our works!

I recently finished making my character Zylphia in SC6 (here's her SC5 version). She is based on my original character of the same name (Here's some art I've done of her). She doesn't really have a set outfit design, just anything that looks kinda "Victorian Era" so I usually put her in corsets, laced outfits etc.

I'm actually pretty happy with how this has turned out. I had to get a bit creative with stickers which I haven't really used before on previous creations when we were working on SC5. :)

Zylphia (Style: Ivy)
Zylphia1.jpg

Zylphia2.jpg

Last edited:
So after seeing @NeclordX 's absurdly cute faun-Talim, I had a sudden and overwhelming urge to put those goat-feet to use myself...
Lyris (Style: Mina)
Lyris.jpg

20181101215004_1.jpg

20181101215148_1.jpg

20181101215101_1.jpg
(Voice: "Cool-headed" at Speed +6, Tone +3)
Lyris strikes me as the fun-loving type, who'd overdo it in sparring and offer you juice and band-aids after. Or knock you on your ass, then lean down and ask cheerfully, "Are you done being a jerk yet?" before helping you back to your feet. Not certain what her story is yet, but I really like this gal.

Mina's shawl dictated a lot of the color and pattern choices for this one. Since I couldn't get rid of the pink/green flower stuff, I didn't have much choice except to run with it. Tried pulling some inspiration from an old favorite, Spring, but most of it's just "Hm, that doesn't match. What about this?" until hitting something that worked. I don't think she's 100% finished yet, but only for lack of CAS parts - we'll see what the future brings, there.

Lyris is a faun-tastic OC, with a lot of attention to details and a classy color palette...did you make a sheep nose (i think ?) with Exeq because then that's just perfect...
@Rosangela, your zylphia is quite a sight to behold, works very well, i feel the viktoriand vibe, with a bit of demonism in it for good measure :)

I'm speechless about Lyris and Zylphia, they're beyond amazing. I love Lyris's nature-inspired outfit and color scheme, good use of the feather SpecEq for a tail as well. To be honest, designs like hers felt a bit uncomfortable at times simply because the folks behind those creations made them look skimpy. Glad to say this isn't the case with you and @NeclordX :)

Zylphia is just...wow, there's certainly a noble Victorian aura about her which i'm very fond of. Excellent use of stickers to provide her a corset and laced bottoms @Rosangela, the choice of colors works amazingly well with said stickers too, really digging the darkened gold-black color palette with the subtle touches of purple here and there :D

Yup, i'm definitely keeping an eye on you two, keep those awesome CaS coming!

Great faun and corset! Lyris has lots of colors but it’s not overwhelming and suits her design.

The torn leggings on Rosangela would be even better if they were covered up since they kind of look out of place to me.

@Ardent @VILARCANE Thank you so much. :D

@SpellcraftQuill Thanks, I would like these leggings a bit more if they weren't torn but there are few options for skin-tight pants. I did unlock the shiny "pleather" pants but the waistline is a bit too high on her hip for my preference. I miss the many options available from SC5 that's for sure...

She probably could have gone with a skirt too but I haven't found one that really suits her. Hoping that once 2B is released it will give a few more options for creation. :o

... To be honest, designs like hers felt a bit uncomfortable at times simply because the folks behind those creations made them look skimpy. Glad to say this isn't the case with you and @NeclordX :)
Thank you! To be fair, I'd ditch the bikini underneath if I could - not out of a desire for 'skimpiness' exactly, just that it feels out of place given the more natural / tribalist appearance. Gotta remember too, most of those mythical types like fauns/satyrs, harpies, and so forth, generally wander around in the buff in their source mythology. It's a fine line between titillation and art, eh?

Lyris is a faun-tastic OC, with a lot of attention to details and a classy color palette...did you make a sheep nose (i think ?) with Exeq because then that's just perfect...
ExEq is horns and 2x feathers for the tail, though I did go back and revise her this morning to get a sticker for the nose... doesn't stand out that well due to the darker skin, unfortunately, might end up removing it again. I'm happy with her face either way.

Great faun and corset! Lyris has lots of colors but it’s not overwhelming and suits her design.
I owe @brucege some thanks on that one. He gave me some good advice on Spring a while back, about compartmentalizing colors. I wasn't too sure about it then, but looking back now and seeing the effect on Lyris here, I understand much better now.

So, barring new CAS parts, I think this will be the final look for Cass from here out. @Rosangela helped me out with some settings for the Calamity horns, which serve a little better than the stubby Moon tail, and after careful consideration I gave her back the old stockings. Few other minor adjustments as well.

Cass (Style: Taki)
Cass.jpg

20181103030822_1.jpg

20181103030938_1.jpg
Time to work on something new!

EDIT: Moved original version here.
SC6_Cass.jpg

Bringing Cass back was an exercise in frustration on many levels. The SCVI race options are very cool... except I could not for the life of me figure out how to fix the goofy 'rabbit ears' on Outcasts (if there is one). Couldn't adjust the tail at all either. So much for a proper Neko, eh? Ended up using the cat-ear headband on a human instead and fudging the tail with a moon piece. The character sticker I'd used for the nose doesn't seem to have made the journey from SCV, and its replacement (a heart sticker) either doesn't color dark enough or goes pitch-black and ruins the effect... as such her dark kitty nose is barely visible this time around. And... Taki. I gotta be honest, I prefer Natsu's movesets. Learning new combos for mah kitteh-ninja often leaves me wishing for a particular move (her 8K jumping kick in particular is badly missed, as is the return cartwheel from her 88K side-step kick). Feh...
Her original design was, quite frankly, not that impressive, so I figured it'd be a fine opportunity to upgrade a bit. Threw in a splash of turquoise here and there to match the old Elysium choker, and her boots got an upgrade as well - the better to kick butts with, I suppose. Looking at the above pic though, I might dial back the saturation on the gold a bit.

Last edited:
Cass: Revamped outfit is awesome! I gotta say, I like the first version more. Those zipper stickers on the back of the boots look awesome with the pocket stickers. Like astronaut boots. Much more in keeping with her cyberpunk look, which comes from the turquoise and white. Love that custom belt cuz they split the jump suit in two. Awesome discovery with the blue boot caps too. It looks like the pocket sticker gets cut off there. I’ll be adding that to my repertoire.

Lizardman: I somehow prefer the first golden version here too haha. Firstly, the white/gold scheme is quite fetching cuz it blends better with his pale skin. Secondly, the simpler shoulder pads are a better fit for beasts. The custom breastplate is baller. I like how you avoided the temptation to color in the bat wings’ branches(?) The solid color matches the shoulder and feet equipment. Honestly, both outfits are really cool, but if you want to make the second outfit really handsome, you could use a darker skinned tone.

Zylphia: Welcome, Ros! Zylphia’s purple and bronze color scheme is highly unusual, but it’s quite dashing. The custom corset you made is nothing short of brilliant. The shape of the upside-down lion sticker is naturally shaped like a corset. The horn adds a seam to the corset while giving it some volume to look more like clothing. I’ve never seen this technique before. I’ll be stealing it for an upcoming CaS. The sticker work for the lacing on the pants is spectacular too. And the piercing blue eyes are a great accent. One of the most beautiful female creations I’ve seen yet.
*If you haven’t used that third special equipment slot, you might be able to add a yellow tone to the bottom half of your horns (like in your concept art) by copying the exact same stats for the horns, moving it down just one tick, and coloring it yellow.

Lyris: Dayummm, that is one awesome satyr. The green/white/pink color scheme is beautiful. The fading pattern on the arms is really cool. The hybrid of Greek mythology and Korean aesthetics is absolutely fascinating. Bravo.

@VILARCANE @rdmunhoz , thank you both :) Lyris has become an instant favorite of mine as well.

@brucege Thank you as always for the in-depth review! I must admit, I was hoping to see your thoughts here eventually.
Re: Cass, I agree that the "astronaut" boots looked neat (and indeed, that was what came to mind for me as well), but the trouble I have is, she's not meant to be sci-fi/futuristic at all. It was a cool discovery moment, it just didn't belong on her. I like the little splash of teal here and there but if that's what's giving the impression, maybe I should try a different color. I'll probably revisit her anyway, once we have more parts to work with.

Re: Aeon, I'm surprised to hear it. He felt fairly plain the first time around, and I didn't want to leave him looking half-assed. But on the other paw, I did prefer the smaller pauldrons and gauntlets... Meh. Will probably leave his CAS version alone and play with the Libra character a bit for kicks. I turned all the gold bits to white/silver last night and they were just lost against his white scales, so I already have a reason to hop back in the creator there.

Trying to come up with some new ideas, inspiration's been a bit scarce. Maybe it's time to resurrect our green-haired "S&M Tarzan," Fred...

"On the other paw" ... hah! I c wat u done there. In terms of Aeon. I tend to prefer 'simple' getups in the sense that you'd feel comfortable wearing in an anime convention, which obviously has lots of leeway. But the norm in this forum is outfits that would make Lady Gaga blush. Totally reasonable in a forum devoted to VG high fashion. So Aeon 2.0 is fine. Great, actually. Bring on the bling!

As for inspiration, mythology tends to be great for that, specifically those with gods are easily googled. Greek, Japanese, or Norse gods in particular seem easiest for SC6.

Back