236236B for punishment?

TidalLeaf

[09] Warrior
Has anyone else tried to buffer it in to punish unsafer moves (eg. Mitus 2KB)? I've been getting it sometimes, but usually my buffer just comes out as 236B (which is fine too heh, but I'd prefer the other one). Any tips with buffering, or is it a case by case issue?

even better you can punish mitsu's 2kb with 66B 236236B and it's easier to buffer the 66 than to buffer a 236236.

then the frame data is wrong, Sophitia can punish it with 66B that's a fact.

or at least the frame data is not consistent with each other.

You're right, you can punish. Sorry bout that. Wow though, if Sophie can get off 66B, I wonder what other characters can get.

I typically Main Sophitia online purely because of her punishment abilities. Buffering 236236B is easy, the buffer itself is mashable if you really want to make it easy for yourself. Just position your thumb in the direction you want it to go, (236) and slide it across the buttons, you can even go backwards and do it again. Your finger should move like this 23663223B. It sounds cheap, I know, but it works for cassie and Sophie and makes getting 236236b out easy as pie.

Also, if you're going to use that particular move. Use the 23623B4 combo, it a just frame and won't come out 100% but its worth it.

You're right, you can punish. Sorry bout that. Wow though, if Sophie can get off 66B, I wonder what other characters can get.

no biggie
yeah 2kb is too unsafe but to my knowledge sophie's 66B punish is among the highest damaging moves you can get off a blocked 2kb (not counting Hilde's C3B which is situational).

Tidal the problem with trying to punish with 236236B is that it wont let you buffer it too early 1 and 2 you cant afford to mash the B except at the last moment(because it will override the command for the second 236). So if you want to use it as a punisher you either need to find a directional mash that you're comfortable with like what Laswagga is talking about or you need to know the specific blockstun on the move you're trying to punish and maybe try it a few times in practice mode. As a side note I beleive the exact same thing could be said of trying to do 236236B in juggles.

I'm going the block stun route personally, and only on most commonly used unsafe moves. Like 2KB (getting pretty good at the timing for the buffering now, although I'll use 66B usually) and even Sophie's 236B I'm getting good at the timing.

i dont find it hard at all to punish with 236236b...just practice till you can barely see the 1st 236 and you should be fine! i've been doing it since sc2 so its not much of a problem but keep at it...i think you can get it out at around 17 frames or maybe less i dunno.

The frame data says you can get it out in 15 frames. I hardly ever use 236B anymore outside of combos or when they're at -14 to -17 frames. 236236B is longer range, tech crouches and is safe on block, and you can get the tip stun needed for the 236236B 236236B:4 combo.

It doesn't really tech crouch although it looks like it does. If it went under something you probably could be doing it faster(not that that's always better).

Anyway you can buffer 236236B through jump too, giving you the high damage punish on some of the safer lows if they are obvious or predicatable.

Back