4 "types" of BT B+K

Artilust

[10] Knight
I know its been a minute so I figured Id spruce things up a bit in here. I havent played SC4 in about a month but I began to piss around in SC4 today and found another "type" of BT B+K, I have previously been under the assumption that there were 3. Well I see theres 4! Yay!

Anyways, what I mean by "types" is depending on your timing and the type of hit, BT B+K will give you several different properties or situations to set up some intense pressure on your opponent. So with that said...

TYPE 1
BT B+K on airborne opponent
-hit relaunches them back over Zasalamels head
-done instantly or slightly charged
-recover facing forward with opponent in front

TYPE 2
BT [B+K] (Fully charged) on airborne opponent
-the full charge will miss if the opponent stays grounded (Zasalamel remains BT)
-the full charge will "pick up" the opponent into a standing guard crush if they recover blocking (Zasalamel facing opponent) (+ FRAME ADVANTAGE)

TYPE 3
BT [B+K] slightly charged on airborne opponent
-send opponent back over Zas' head, opponent recovers closer than TYPE 1
-appears to be a fully charged BT B+K

TYPE 4
BT B+K on standing opponent
-B+K slightly charged (release just as they fall to their knees) on hit knocks down (Zasalamel remains BT)
-B+K slightly charged (release just as they fall to their knees)on hit; second hit blocked (Zasalamel remains BT) (+ FRAME ADVANTAGE)
-B+K fully charged on hit (second hit cant be blocked) opponent falls (Zas remains BT)
-B+K fully charged on block pulls them to Zasalamels front (+ FRAME ADVANTAGE)

I guess this all goes to say that when you are positioned to where a BT B+K is OBVIOUS, your opponent shouldnt just expect it coming at the same speed or with the same offensive intentions.

APPLICATION

Off the top of my head...lets say you condition the opponent to stay grounded after 4B+K because you do the fully charged BT B+K, they dont want to rise into a frame trap, you can punish them for staying low by doing the TYPE 3, aka the slow charge that looks like a fully charged BT B+K, sending them back over Zas' head into something like 66A+B if they stay low for guaranteed damage or something such as 66B+K to pressure them once they stand. Really your options are numerous.

Or lets say you 4B+K and then fully charge B+K so it misses and you recover with your back facing them. After a few times im sure they will realize BT B+K will crush all their OTG options, they will surely start recovering into standing guard, you can TYPE 4 to instill the fear of multiple B+K's. . .THEN in which case you can start going for BT 2K 66BB.

See where im going with this?

Wow! Even though I'm still learning the basics, this is actually really useful. I'll try and learn it this weekend, and with some luck, put it into practice..

That's indeed very usefull stuff.

But when you send your opponent back over Zas' head in front, do you have enough advantage to do 66 B+K ?

66B+K doesnt hit grounded (at least I dont think it does), and they can tech roll, it would probably catch them trying to attack off the ground, but you would have to rush in EARLY I wouldnt use it in particular. 66A+B is unsafe but hits grounded.

My personal favorite for aggressive players is 6A+B after TYPE 3, the last hit will interrupt everythingggg coming off the ground and causes shakeable stun. Again, mix it up. If they may try to shake in fear of a long winded stun combo, throw them and play oki games again.

Its really not about the guaranteed damage as much as it is about the ability to mix it up. Zasalamel HAS to KEEP the advantage in a match.

Its really not about the guaranteed damage as much as it is about the ability to mix it up. Zasalamel HAS to KEEP the advantage in a match.

These are the truest words ever wrote.

its way more important to keep advantage and ACE showed me this yesterday lol.

Yay. I sent you a match invite last night! Ugh . .crushed! We really need to play now that I think im about to pick up Hilde. (surprise surprise)

Also. .Im trying to figure out.. WHY.. BT B+K can be blocked, but BT [B+K] cannot. Seeing as the charge is delayed. Even a moderately charged BT B+K, the second hit can be guarded. Interesting.

**plays around some more in paractice mode**

Good oki trap: After a combo ending with 4A+B your opponent cannot tech. This leaves him 2 options. 1) Standing guard. If he does this, 6B+K will give you another mix-up. 2) Roll. You can do 66BB or 2B4, but you have to guess correctly that he will roll because these will whiff once he starts rolling. What I prefer is to do, as soon I see them start to roll, is to jump over them into iBT B+K. It will either hit them, or GB them, depending on what they do.

Back