4A+K

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShenYu

[11] Champion
Okay. So I've been playing around with this move in the hopes of finding something new and interesting.

Here's what it does:

KDs for long enough that 66A+B and 2A+B are guaranteed. The latter case is actually a tech trap but since it also hits grounded... yeah. You have a guaranteed 60dmg low. The 2A+B won't KD sadly.

At closest to somewhere in the middle of where it will hit, 9B+K BB is a combo. And looks to be around 80dmg in total.

If they tech forward or back, 44B is a tech trap that will result in a 60% combo. I haven't found anything to really stop them from teching left or right so it's use may be somewhat questionable.

On block, pushout is WHOOOA. Or at least really good. I think for most characters you might as well be considered at advantage after they block this. Not sure of the frames yet. Edit: Looks to be around -2 only. Pushout is far enough that Soph 236B won't reach. So things like 4A+K backstep 3B will likely punish most instant retaliation attempts. While just 4A+K 3B will already punish the majority of moves.

It's also stupidly slow but has kinda deceivingly decent range.

How to use:

Keep in mind I haven't tried ANY of this crap against real people yet and just want to collect my thoughts on this move.

The mostly likely place to put this move is post-gi. Anywhere else is probably asking for trouble. Might also be worth using against people who abuse GI.

Will test more tomorrow.

any results? i'm interested to know how this works out..66A+B and 2A+B? Really? Thats tight and a very nice find. Thank you sir.

It's definitely great for the damage and safety/pushout. But it's so slow and at the range you use it at, almost any jumping mid is likely to pwn you. That said, I'm eager to try it out against real people and see how well it does in a real fight. I should be able to do so within the next 3 days.

I had a chance to mess around with it last night a little

after 4A+K if you use 9B+K 8B+K 9B+K the second hit bounces them a little so the third hit is guaranteed, woot....although this is range dependent like you said

havent figured out many great setups, but i do agree its great post GI

also shen, does 6K 9B+K 8B 9B work for you? The only time its missed for me is when they are in a weird spot near the wall that makes Mina poke or jump in the wrong direction. I feel like theres a window for a block in there somewhere though...let me know if you get a chance to look at this or already know it doesnt work

I like to keep it around for special occasions. It's alright post-GI, or when the match is tense and you want to pull out a move you never do.

it's gotta be post-gi. How the hell are you going to get somebody to fall for it otherwise?

That's like tryin to make somebody believe the sky is green.

Keep it in your pocket and pull it out every now and then. Most people have no idea what it is so when they do see it they're pretty much guaranteed to eat it or block.

ya know, come to think of it.

Is it atleast safe on block? Or is it hopefully not rapable on block? (Read: is not not -14 or more on block)

... lies! *goes to check frame data*

AHHA! IT'S -3 ON BLOCK!!

But hell yeah! Sign me up for some 4A+K! Even if you cant get it to hit, i'd guess you could bait some nasty shit with it, especially since it pushes so far.

I'ma try it out some next time I go play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back