88_22B+K and 44B+K

They suck, don't use them. They have longer GI windows at odd timings than the normal GI but they offer no reward other healing your gauge a little (just like normal blue parries).

I guess 44B+K can be used to put some distance between you and your opponent, especially if you're going for a time's up victory.

Mad old thread but I thought I'd post 22B+K gives +17 on successful GI. With the pushback you're limited to a free 66K or 66A in open space far as I've found.

Mad old thread but I thought I'd post 22B+K gives +17 on successful GI. With the pushback you're limited to a free 66K or 66A in open space far as I've found.

Could you describe the situation in which you get a 17-frame advantage?

I was testing yesterday and got nothing free within range (e.g. 6B is 14 frames but was blockable after 22_88B+K GI or JI)

I just tested and I also didnt get a result of +17.
The move JIs on frame 8 and GIs from frames 9-16. The amount of plus you gain on a JI is 11 and for a GI it's the number of the frame you GIed on -7 (max at 16-7 = +9 for the last frame). I did see AA guaranteed after a JI up against the wall, unsure if I couldn't re-JI because the game wouldn't let me or I lack the skill to do so.

So I'm left asking truth's question as well now.

Did some testing on 22_88 B+K. Suirad has it almost exactly right.

The whole move lasts around 35 frames. The first 7 frames are vulnerable.

Frames 8-17 impact your opponent. Frame 8 gives JI properties and 11 frames of advantage. However AAB is only free near the edge (due to pushback), and unfortunately it can be re-JI'd.

Frames 9-17 cause GI on the opponent. On frame 9 you get +2 advantage. For subsequent frames, your opponent is stunned for the same time but you will recover faster, as you are already part way through the move. You get +3 if you impact on frame 10, +4 on frame 11, etc. as Suirad said, up to a maximum of +10 on frame 17.

It's not an essential move for X but it has some very strong properties:

Built in step which can be buffered from FC
GI which can be buffered
Damages opponent's SG
Heals X's SG
GI while 8wrunning
Massive impact window
Gives advantage back to X
Looks really cool
Annoys opponents

Even some of X's more useless looking moves are actually really useful in the right situation. It's another reason I love her so!

Back