8WR APRIL ONLINE TOURNAMENTS CONCLUDED - XEPH & ENK WIN!

ARE YOU HYPED FOR THIS TOURNAMENT?

• No, not really (User was banned for this post)

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • Yeah, sorta

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • YEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!

Votes: 27 54.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Serial's gonna be on in a bit he says. We're at Console Combat in Parma right now. He took second! And I lost both my matches to him dang it. I got 7th though.

wow who would of thought I be facing u in a tournament goofy....lol well gotta bring my A game against u as I fought u plenty of times in global and I know I have my work cut out for me lol btw I think that match should be recorded :/

Jeuce must play SerialXprment, and Marginal should be ready to play right after. Xeph I'm good for later tonight, but something might come up. If so, Im working evenings so Thursday might be a better day.
My stick'll get jammed up by my long white beard.

That aside, Marginal vs Juece: Jeuce takes it 2-0

Now that's getting pewp done.

wow who would of thought I be facing u in a tournament goofy....lol well gotta bring my A game against u as I fought u plenty of times in global and I know I have my work cut out for me lol btw I think that match should be recorded :/
Been really busy and haven't played in awhile so idk about that haha. I'm good for any time after 6ish and I'm fine with it being recorded.

If there's enough interest, yes.

Still waiting on a few matches for the third round here.

On PSN we need:
DINO vs Xeph
SerialExprmt vs DIME
(Whichever 2 of you win, hold up on your finals match until loser's bracket catches up so Fahros can stream all the finals matches at once.)
and
HRD vs Sora

And in Xbox we need
Fahros vs Pfiidude (whoever wins, wait on your finals match with Enkindu so Fahros can stream that alongside the loser's finals and then grand finals)
and
Justin vs Goofy

It's been pretty quiet in here and in the PMs (probably just because several people have now been knocked out) but I hope you guys are on your matches. Deadline is Thursday.

Yup, on it, and still uploading past matches. My second match will be uploaded within the next couple of hours, and then I'll have the UnseenWombat vs KingEcchi match up, followed by ThaRhynoman vs TiZ. Had a very draining weekend, so playing catch up now!

I'll make sure to have my match done by Thursday night! Sorry for the wait!

Wow, that was a really good match.

Would you like to commentate my next match with Juece, assuming it's okay with him, or are you too busy with school right now?

I'm always up for making room to commentate people's matches man! That goes for anyone!

Scheduling right now is just a major pain in the ass. I'm more than happy to work with people with the time I have available though. Not trying to get preachy here, but I really do love this game; and I want to see it grow as much as possible. I think commentating these kinds of matches and getting the game this kind of exposure is a step in the right direction; so I'll do whatever I can to make that happen.

I'm free Wednesday evening, all day Thursday, and then Friday evening/night. Once I'm finished with Friday I'll have all weekend to work on getting caught up with videos and recording people's matches as well.

---

This may as well be as good of as time as ever: I'd like to ask your all's opinions on the livestream topic.

I've been talking with UnseenWombat, and I can stream and commentate the finals of this tournament; if it's something the community wants. A couple questions on this topic though:

#1: Be honest: If I were to stream the finals, would you tune in for the stream?

#2: Where would you guys prefer the stream be held?

I have my own personal stream at www.twitch.tv/fahros. To be honest though, that stream has been frustrating me lately. It's not partnered, so there's no quality adjustment settings, and the embedded chat is complete garbage. The audio and video quality is great, but the chat has been so annoying and laggy that when I stream I often have my viewers join a separate IRC chat channel, so we can all hang out during the stream.

Thoughts on this? Should I stream it on my own personal twitch stream? Perhaps someone should contact the people who run the 8wayrun.com stream and we should try and organize it there? Or perhaps I should test around with other websites such as Owned, or even Youtube in the meantime?

#3: Any ideas for other commentators that might be available to co-commentate with me? Or should I rock the commentary solo?

#4: Should we organize it so Winners/Losers/Grand finals all take place in the same day / relatively same time? So we could catch all the finals back to back for one epic stream? Or does it make more sense to keep the match scheduling like we have it now: whenever, wherever?

#5: Not to mention...if I happen to win my next match, I'll be in Winners finals vs Enkindu (Xbox side). That will make commentating quite difficult. So if I do win my next match, what should be done concerning the stream / commentary?

I'm used to live commentating, that's what I do mainly on my Youtube channel; and for the sake of an epic stream I could live commentate on stream if I had to. Obviously that wouldn't lead to the most legitimate of matches though.

#6: Finally, is there any way that players destined to hit the finals on said streams, could get a Skype account set up / quick access to a PC after your matches?

This is by no means mandatory, and I realize it won't be practical for some. I'm just thinking it would be epic to have a skype interview with the competitors after the matches on stream! This would really let the viewers get to know, and connect with the competitors; and even understand the game and the specific matchups more!

---

Sorry guys, I know that was a long post, and probably too much to think about, lol. I just think those are some important questions to get sorted out, so we can deliver a badass stream for the viewers if we're going to stream at all! The last thing we want is a mediocre stream, so people are less inclined to watch the second or third times around. May as well get this right the first time through!

Let me know what you all think. I really don't mean to over complicate anything or make anything unnecessarily hard, just trying to look out for the community. :)

Any of those days is fine by me. I'm always on in the later evening anyway. So whatever works for Juece.

1. You know I would. And just as some inside information, in the mod forum Brewtus just started a discussion about event streams being showcased up on the 8wr home page, or something like that. So it's definitely something the higher-ups want.

2. I'm not really qualified to comment on this. Do whatever gives the best end result.

3. You do a great job, but 2 commentators is always more fun, that's why all the radio morning shows do it. I think Enkindu is set up to do streams too (IDK if that's a requirement to commentate, but I imagine so). I'm sure if he's interested he'd do a great job because he's a real pro at this game. Of course, he'll most likely be in the finals himself, so you'd have to go solo for his matches.

4. Definitely same day and time. It'll be tough, but I think it's worth it. We don't necessarily have to have XBL and PSN back to back, but finals for each system should all be done at once.

5. Everyone would understand if you couldn't commentate during your own match. Maybe there's someone else willing to jump in though.

6. Assuming I make it, I'd do that.

The 8wr stream would directly benefit the site the most. Jaxel doesn't seem to mind switching the stream out for other events.

Your Youtube stream would be handy just because the archives would be right there on your channel where people are already accustomed to looking for the commentated matches, and Machinma ties would likely drive more viewers to watch overall. (Which may be a more important consideration for the community overall.)

Alright guys, I'll keep in mind some of the things said in the thread.

Also, I took the tournament game vs PfiiDude 2-0. GGs Dude!

So yeah, we'll have to figure out what we're going to do for Winners Finals, and either losers/or grand finals afterward, because I'll be in both of those on the Xbox side of things.

Also, UnseenWombat's match vs KingEcchi will be out today! I'll post that when it's up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back