8WR Soul Arena Moderator Staff LFM

Do you enjoy thankless work in return for the illusion of power? Do you like knowing you will have people nagging you to do things you may not want to do? How about dealing with a ton of noobs without losing your head? All while trolls try to fuck with you. If you answered yes to all these questions, being a SA mod could be just the right way to spend your free time.

The job itself involves fact checking, organizing information in stickies and keeping discussions on topic/free from trolling. Applicants are expected to be able to act professionally, be very active, possess some kind of background in competitive fighters and soul calibur and be able to adhere to guidelines set forth.

If you with to apply you can send an email to 8waymodapp@gmail.com in this format.

The title should read "____________ SA Mod Application" with the _________ being the character of choice. If you wish to apply for multiple mod positions, you can send in multiple applications... If you send in a lot it's going to hurt your chances

The body of the email should contain 3 things in order:

How long you have been a part of the Soul Calibur community?

A 1 paragraph description of your experience in competitive fighting games

Another 1 paragraph description of why you should be the moderator for the forum at hand

This is flexible, but if you want to write a wall of text it better be some of the most interesting shit I have ever read. Be brief and cut to the point, I appreciate that kind of approach.

Finally check in on 8way Monday, there may be things for you to put in place in the forum of your choice before release date.

Illusions of power are what its all about. Thank goodness I got my positions before I would have had to take a critical look at myself!

Kidding aside, it's good to see a formalized system for dealing with this being put in place, bureaucracy is underrated.

I thought every SA had at least one mod for it, but is staff looking to have multiple for each SA? Is this in anticipation of a flood of new gamers when SCV comes out?

Or if one is away for some period of time the other can take care of stuff etc. I think having two per SA is a good idea so long as all the SAs are covered properly.

I'd love to apply, but, I just recently found a scene to play with.

I've been a part of the BlazBlue competitive scene for years, but I could never find people to play SC with. Ha ha! So I guess I'll leave this to the people better qualified.

Good luck to the applicants! :)

Do you enjoy thankless work in return for the illusion of power? Do you like knowing you will have people nagging you to do things you may not want to do? How about dealing with a ton of noobs without losing your head? All while trolls try to fuck with you. If you answered yes to all these questions, being a SA mod could be just the right way to spend your free time.

Im not going to be a mod because of that section....it sounds depressing. However, i will just pop around the SAs to see if things are okay and contribute as much info as possible.

Live streams

3 Viewers
Diabro420
Diabro420
FGC Fridays Warmup Session : SC6

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrdaniyel
Back