9a is GOD with Taki

Exitwounds

[08] Mercenary
I wanted to make a thread about this move for Taki simply because It's amazing enough on its own to be made into its own thread. The use of Taki's 7,8, or 9 A is considered a mid but it has a funny hit box. During some opponents depending on the character they choose will completely miss if the opponent is in FC. From my understanding this move will hit depending on the size of character. Astaroth is so big that at least with me 9a has never missed when my opponent was in FC. A character like talim or someone small has a much better chance of completely missing this MID move while in FC. While this is not that much to get excited over it's still a AMAZING move. This thread is only going to explain the good points about this move, however any comments are of course always welcome.

9a is a mid move that if using ONLY the 9a version on a Guarding opponent will push back taki into (TAKI RANGE). This move is simply beautiful as it puts you in range for a huge amount of takis mid range moves. The ones i have learned to be most successful are 6b, 33b or 99b, A6 (JF) AND 88a or 22a. Anyone who knows the mass amount of mixups after a 22a or 88a hits can see why 9a is so useful. Also because 9a is a jumping mid it jumps grabs and lows. Rather this move hits or not its a VERY good move. 9a when at the end of a ring will cause a ringout on hit. Have fun experimenting with this move!

Me too really likes the jumping A.

It has RO into the same direction as 1A on normal hit (to Taki's right side) so if you stand good, you can mix it up (but don't forget 1A's unsafety)

Jump A is quite safe with -5 frames. But that is a clear disadvantage and if you attack after a blocked 8A, even Taki's A can be easily beaten by most characters. Moves with built-in evasion can work (like 33_99B when the opponent uses AA) but are quite risky.

The hit box issue (missing a crouched Talim) is range dependent. On tip range jump A is a real mid and hits even a crouched Amy.

The damage varies between 7A, 8A and 9A. 7A doing the least damage, 9A the most.

7A is still not to be underestimated. Since she jumps backwards the chance to hit at tip range (real mid) is much higher (alas so is the chance to be out of range).
7A, unlike 8_9A doesn't knock down on hit, but gives +1 frame and leaves the opponent BT (back turned) making him 1 frame slower. Maybe better than knocking them down with 8_9A.

When you knock the enemy down with 8_9A you have no real tech traps. But if the opponent chooses to stay down and you hit the grounded opponent with FC 1A+B, he gets ground stunned and you have a tech trap with 44K that is guaranteed on most characters and only techable in one direction for the others.

Jump A is also good when your opponent uses jump or tech jump like in kilik's asura dance, when you hit an airborne opponent with Jump A and the right timing you can juggle with A:6 WR B. For 74 damage.
In some situations even normal A6 to WR B works for the same amount of damage.

As you can see i've already been experimenting a little with this move :)

JMP A would have to be good with these data on 66A:

GRD -15 NH STN CH STN | i20 DMG 31 | Tech jump

I loooove -5 for Taki. I was using 6B to get it, but I'll add more of JMP A, particularly for the KND if I hit. I knew about RO and wallsplat. If only it were a frame slower so that it was 8 frames away from her i15s.

I might try Jump A out for a bit one day just to see where I can find it with most uses in my game.

I usually do K2 for TJ's and to avoid grabs since its 30 damage and if blocked puts opponents in FC on block, and usually everything while rising is slower than standard attacks.

I agree. 7/8/9A is effective to push opponent away also on blocks. The only negative is that it does not hit some opponent on FC (as mentioned above) so it is not 100% counter attack for low attack. 7/8/9B works better on countering lows, but it does not push back opponent on blocks. But when 8A hits, the opponent got smacked down by that tiny slice - I'm sure you like to see that.

Back