a[B] > NSS K study

Schneider-X

[11] Champion
This is going to be a study on what timing you need to make a > NSS K a combo on CH or NH and on which characters need a delay to combo and which require no delay.

I tested a > NSS K and CH GS A > a > NSS K on every character, excluding Yoda, CAS and bonus characters.
I assume that the speeds I found for the CH GS A > a > NSS K combo will apply to CH a > NSS K.

I found that for the delayed NSS K you can look at the opponent's foot movement from the aB impact and once it pauses press K and it should hit, except for Ivy and Cervantes where at times it works better to look at when their head stops moving from the aB.

a > NSS K on side hit seems to be guaranteed on all characters with no timing required. Though I did not test this aspect throughly.

Any character that can do the NSS K fast can also be done with the same delay as others except for Voldo who I found significantly more difficult to perform the delay NH a > NSS K combo on, and Yoshi for the CH GS A > a > NSS K combo.

NH a > NSS K fast:
Amy
Cassandra
Sophitia
Talim
Voldo
Xianghua

NH a > NSS K delayed:
Algol
Astaroth
Cervantes
Darth Vader
Hilde*
Ivy
Kilik*
Lizardman
Maxi
Mitsurugi*
Nightmare*
Raphael*
Rock
Setsuka*
Siegfried*
Taki
The Apprentice
Voldo*
Yoshimitsu
Yun-seong
Zasalamel*

Note: * denotes that I found the timing difficult

a > NSS K fails:
Seong Mi-Na
Tira

Note: Either it never works or I wasn't able to find the timing required to make it combo

CH GS A > a > NSS K fast:
Amy
Astaroth
Cassandra
Cervantes
Rock
Talim
Xianghua
Yoshimitsu

CH GS A > a > NSS K delayed:
Algol
Darth Vader
Hilde
Ivy
Kilik
Lizardman
Maxi*
Mitsurugi
Nightmare
Raphael
Seong Mi-Na*
Setsuka*
Siegfried
Sophitia
Taki
The Apprentice
Tira
Yoshimitsu*
Yun-seong
Voldo
Zasalamel

Note: * denotes that I found the timing difficult

Originally found by Shen Rii on calibur forums
a~NSS K Open Space
Hit:
Soph
Amy
Cass
Taki
Voldo
X
Talim

Whiff:
Liza
Setsy
Mitsu
Raph
Sieg
Hilde
Maxi
Tira
Kilik
Assty
Ivy
Yun
Mina
Rock
Cerv
Yosh
Zas
Algol
Vader
Donald Trump's Bitch
All Guest CAS

Notes:
Managed to hit Maxi once.
Hit Taki/remodelled Taki but not CAS Taki.
Hit Amy but not Scherewhatever.

here's a note.

side hit a -> NSS K FTW... i'm sure this lands on all characters... especially with wall/ring you practically don't even need timing.

you guys better believe in step -> a -> NSS K this to me seems me is the next best thing for RO after WS -> GS KK

---------

also i wanna mention for the top post... CH a is different from regular hit.... also... you do need a certain 'delay' to it

making CH GS A -> a -> NSS K -> delay GS KK possible.

-LAU

Thanks for the info Schneider, I may actually start using those combos in matches now. Will check them out. :)

Just wanted to mention something I accidentally found.

JI GS A > a > NSS K

will still connect. I was under the impression that they were out of range for the NSS K, but it occured in a casual match and then I retested it using some of MeatSpinNM's setups and it still works.

Back