A+B Study

Artrix

[09] Warrior
Hey whats ups guys its Artrix here and I just wanted to give a little trick for the aPat players.

I don't know if you guys knew this but many people struggle when it comes to Xiba 4B, K or 4A, K. In cases like this after you block Xiba 4B/ 4A and you see he is going to follow up with his K you can rapidly react and A+B aPat GI, at first its kinda useless but every Xiba player knows that 4B, K/ 4A, K, its an essential move in him, so if he keeps doing it( and he will because people never GI/JG that move) you just do A+B.

Basically he'll try to trick you into attacking, getting full CH damage + BE. A+B will autoGI his attack and do a followup attack, which gets better in damage and properties as you keep doing it.

Hey whats ups guys its Artrix here and I just wanted to give a little trick for the aPat players.

I don't know if you guys knew this but many people struggle when it comes to Xiba 4B, K or 4A, K. In cases like this after you block Xiba 4B/ 4A and you see he is going to follow up with his K you can rapidly react and A+B aPat GI, at first its kinda useless but every Xiba player knows that 4B, K/ 4A, K, its an essential move in him, so if he keeps doing it( and he will because people never GI/JG that move) you just do A+B.

Basically he'll try to trick you into attacking, getting full CH damage + BE. A+B will autoGI his attack and do a followup attack, which gets better in damage and properties as you keep doing it.

Don't you mean his 6 A/K and 6B/A? O.o

6A on block:
Mash AA, punishes the move and beats all followups

6B on block:
Berore I retired I had a good answer to this that I can't remember, when I get in from work I'll find it and share.

No, a good Xiba will adapt and REM B that very quickly, its an easy setup for it. FC A probably beats 6B K though, not sure.
(Always worth pointing out 6B causes FC recovery on block, not that this is an issue for Alpha, lol)

You can punish it with CE on reaction though, I remember that.

2A does interrupt the K followup, but good point about Rem/CE. Maybe 66B works since it tracks to the direction Xiba steps and is a safe vertical. Might be too slow, though.

After 6A (its -11) you can also step the followups and whiff punish Xiba.

Same with 6B, though its only possible when 6B is blocked at tip range.

I was the original poster of Xiba's frame data on release, its a typo. Test it yourself, you can JF Twister it as its -12 on block. AA is the punish you would use for consistency though.

Retested it just now and punished 6A with the following:
AA
2142A, CE
JF Twister, JF Twister.

Defenitely -12

Against a 6A heavy Xiba you could try for JF Twister, but missing the punish will cost you 70hp and its a tight window. I'd try it in casuals, but in tournament go for AA or FC A, confirm CE for damage.

I was the original poster of Xiba's frame data on release, its a typo. Test it yourself, you can JF Twister it as its -12 on block. AA is the punish you would use for consistency though.
I see. Let me go change it on the wiki

I remember posting that in the Xiba SA as well months ago, people should listen to me more.
While we're on the subject of Xiba, 3B is also -12 and is a JF twister punish you need to learn. Hard to do but it cripples the character if you can do it. I learned specifically to beat gruntdude, lol.

I remember posting that in the Xiba SA as well months ago, people should listen to me more.
While we're on the subject of Xiba, 3B is also -12 and is a JF twister punish you need to learn. Hard to do but it cripples the character if you can do it. I learned specifically to beat gruntdude, lol.
Does JFT always work or does it clash with the K follow up?

Ah yes, I remember now:
Vs 6B on block initially use 8A+BB. Beats 6BK, will catch all movement except stepping left and causes 6B CE to whiff which is then combo punishable. If he GIs the attack whiffs straight through him without triggering GI and if he uses 6B B+K your attack will whiff, leaving you backturned but if he tries B+K~any REM move it will hit instead, lol. On block it is safe vs Xiba I believe, meaning he has to step left to continue momentum. In summary after blocking 6B:
8A+BB to stop Xiba from pushing buttons or trying to be smart.
236<Throw_236<6B to track him if he starts stepping left. (unlikely)
Typical Alpha offence when he just holds block. (much more likely)

The reward isn't great but it effectively neutralises Xiba's only safe way of pressuring Alpha.

You're welcome.

Unreliable at best, not worth acknowledging imo but I THINK (and I may be wrong) that its around frame 10-impact.
Don't take my word on it though.

Back