A gift to yourself this Christmas

SenoritaMama

[09] Warrior
After all the anxiety and loneliness that we've experienced because of this pandemic, and I know some of us will not be with our family this Christmas as they may be doing their own isolation especially the vulnerable ones and that's including mine. Just wondering how are you gonna make your Christmas merrier? I'm planning to gift myself with something that I will appreciate for surviving this nightmare of a year, probably a pup because I live alone, so how about you? Do you feel the same? If yes, what would be the best gift you can give to yourself?

What kind of puppy, Senorita? I love doggos! 🐶
I would make myself feel better this year, in terms of gifts, by living vicariously through my pets, lol. I'd like to get some stuff for my geckos (better cup holders for their food, little things they can hide in, etc.). It's always fun to get them new stuff, since it takes their tiny little brains forever to figure out what any of it is for, and the whole process is very entertaining :)

What kind of puppy, Senorita? I love doggos! 🐶
I would make myself feel better this year, in terms of gifts, by living vicariously through my pets, lol. I'd like to get some stuff for my geckos (better cup holders for their food, little things they can hide in, etc.). It's always fun to get them new stuff, since it takes their tiny little brains forever to figure out what any of it is for, and the whole process is very entertaining :)

I'm still choosing between a Husky and a Beagle, what would you prefer btw? Someone told me that there's alot to learn more before choosing between the two, especially beagle as they are really moody? Kappa

Aw, man... when I was a child, I always wanted a husky!!! I also think beagles are adorable! That is a really tough choice!!!
I think with any breed, as long as you're willing to put in the effort to train them and work on shutting down any unwanted behaviors, it shouldn't be a problem. I would just make sure you've done your "due diligence" in terms of researching the breed and the breeder before you make your choice, and you'll be fine! 🐩

Yep, I'm giving my best effort to know all there is needed to know before buying me a husky! Btw, I chose husky over the beagle, yey! Coz, I heard they are less moody than the other, so it would be a wise choice for a first-time puppy owner!

Btw, I've stumbled upon looking for some ways to cope with anxiety, stress, etc during this pandemic and I hope that anyone who reads this will find some good advice too as I have done. Merry Christmas to you all! https://www.helpguide.org/articles/anxiety/coronavirus-anxiety.htm

I haven't gotten anything for Christmas since I was 16 (25 now) and I'm kinda over the whole concept of Christmas gifts. But I'll most likely treat myself to some games during Steam's Winter Sale. Soul Calibur 6 HERE I COME!

After all the anxiety and loneliness that we've experienced because of this pandemic, and I know some of us will not be with our family this Christmas as they may be doing their own isolation especially the vulnerable ones and that's including mine. Just wondering how are you gonna make your Christmas merrier? I'm planning to gift myself with something that I will appreciate for surviving this nightmare of a year, probably a pup because I live alone, so how about you? Do you feel the same? If yes, what would be the best gift you can give to yourself?

I really do not know the best thing to give oneself. My parental units are also vulnerable but luckily so far not in isolation. If you can get something to the people taking care of your parents and/or do something for those caring for your parents that would be very nice and appreciated. What brings me joy is helping another person, making another person's day better thru laughter/helpfulness/sharing joyfulness, giving of my skills and talents to another person. Continue to let your parents know you love them, maybe send them a handmade hug coupon, maybe a personalized card, maybe send them a caring note. Bb, F#, Ab, and G are some of my favorite notes...lol. We all need to receive more kindness and joy this year.

Also suggesting to do joyful things that help keep your spirits and good feelings up. Music for me does calm this savage beast. Indulge in foods you like and/or give comfort, but suggest not overdo this. There is such a thing as too much of a good thing.

I really do not have an answer. A person's source of joy/happiness is personal. All someone can do is suggest. Best of luck! These are my suggestions and humble opinions.

@TrooperSquid That's a very healthy way of giving presents to other people and of course to yourself. I'm sure you've given yourself a present too this Christmas in a form of happiness! Happy New Year!

Indeed. How are you doing now? I hope you are able to communicate with your family while you celebrate the New Year! You can do facetime, skype w/e options you have there, there are lots! :)

@TrooperSquid I really appreciate your concern, I chose to celebrate New Year at work so I stayed overnight while I facetimed with my parents the whole night while I welcomed the New Year with my workmates. We celebrated the New Year there with some food and wine as we were allowed to have a 2 hours break at work while we welcome the New Year. How about you? I hope you also had a great New Year with your family or friends.

Back