a mini-gallery

KOVORRAH KAATOS
-a female knight auditioning for a role in @Ramus's upcoming epic, The Roseta War.
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_8.png.jpg

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_1.png.jpg

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ.png.jpg

Notes: Breastplate is two bolts with star and pocket stickers. Chainmail is checker pattern. Codpiece is star sticker. The serious facial expression and masculine color scheme show that she's lesbian, like the female paladin of BroQuest.

Last edited:
@Norik: Thanks man! Glad you like it.

On a completely random note. Kovorrah's wielding a Flamberge. Looks huge, right? Historically speaking though, the average 2-hander (60-70 in/150-175 cm) weighed only 5 to 8 lbs (2.3 to 3.6 kg). The average 1-handed sword weighed a mere 2.5 lbs (1.1 kg), the approximate weight of a standard 750 mL bottle of wine. The weapons seen in museums are almost always ceremonial swords which weigh, at the very most, 15 lbs. (6.8 kg).

In the case of the Dark Souls series, a zweihander weighs 10.0 dark souls units (DSU). Assuming the weight to be 6.5 lbs (see above), one weight unit (1.0) in Dark Souls is equivalent to about, well, 0.65 lbs (0.3 kg). This put's Smough's hammer (28.0 DSU) at 18.2 lbs (8.2 kg). Judging by its great size and its low weight, it's probably hollow and made of plastic.

So how the fuck did these weapons do damage at all? In short, faster swings, i.e. kinetic energy = ½mv^2.
Doubling mass (m) would double the force (aka kinetic energy), but doubling velocity (v) would quadruple the force.

For me, as an amateur foil fencer (weighing 200.0 DSU), those 300 grams (0.2 DSU) of my foil feel like a fucking boulder after a 10 minute bout. I can only imagine those 2.5 lbs of sword is more than enough for a medieval knight charging and swinging into the battlefield.

Sources:
http://www.thearma.org/essays/weights.htm#.U6-Sovkug2A
http://darksouls.wikidot.com/

Last edited:
Haha thanks Bruce, I can work with this, cuz what she have on being manly Edgar can have in being fab....maybe he could even be the who held her position :D

Dude....she is just so original, be like.....uuuuuuh fancy, she also give a contrast on the until now dance ball it is looking :D

(PS: Soooooo you people enjoyed the PM?)

THE HUNTSMAN (from Red Riding Hood, genderbent)
~originally from the CaS Grudge Match Thread
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_5.png.jpg

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_1.png.jpg

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_4.png.jpg

Notes: Don't know how she ended up looking so Attack on Titan, but I needed the functional, earthen color scheme. Hat = batwings + rabbit ears. Pattern on the hat for extra bling. Oh, and the top. Parlour blouse has a wrap-around pocket sticker (tan) for cut-off mini-jacket. The brown lapels are actually formed from the Isis breastplate (white) with a wrap-around pocket sticker (brown). Two more pocket stickers on the skin to extend the lapels.

Last edited:
Why, verrrrrry nice ranger/rogue/archer hat build ! make the beige a bit browner to bridge between the leather brown and the green and that would be perfect (just my taste)

Why, verrrrrry nice ranger/rogue/archer hat build ! make the beige a bit browner to bridge between the leather brown and the green and that would be perfect (just my taste)
Interesting idea. I was going for more color contrast, so I pushed the hue yellow and lightened the shade to contrast with the reddish brown of the leggings. Blending the blouse to the cape and leather would indeed make it a bit more realistic, but I was worried that this would happen again:

I like your garçon manqué (hunter), simple yet elegant design...your george washington is funny (as a joke character with the stars and stripe sword lol)...the rest i am not so fond of, your harpie lacks visibility (too dark) and would need refined tattoos and special equipement placement (just nitpicking, you know me ;o)

That bit of criticism from waaay back in the day still haunts me *shudders*.

On a random note, here's pictures from Otakon:
10338297_3054850861405_2350233072357853863_n.jpg 10603477_10152655640888055_4981178141378801156_n.jpg

That bit of criticism from waaay back in the day still haunts me *shudders*.

Oooooh, so sorry mate, i am always trying to bring constructive criticism to the board, but peeps take it various ways, even though i am sincerely only trying to help and share some of the stuff i have learned on the way...

Oooooh, so sorry mate, i am always trying to bring constructive criticism to the board, but peeps take it various ways, even though i am sincerely only trying to help and share some of the stuff i have learned on the way...
Not at all, Vil I count on you for the truth. I learned and grew from that bit of advice way back then.

*originally from Valkyrie Grudge Match

VALKYRIE, DRAGON RIDER
Notes: She's wearing a cloak of dragon scales. Of course, handling dragons requires herculean strength and over-sized weaponry. The siren's helmet conveniently fits both the Valkyrie and the Dragon themes.
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_20.png.jpg

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_24.png.jpg

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_28.png.jpg

VALKYRIE, KNIGHT
Notes: Sports the iconic hair braids, winged helmet, and heavy armor for Valkyries, but with a slightly African/tribal angle. Thus the spikes, skulls, and voodoo imagery. If X-Men's Storm became a Valkyrie...
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ.png.jpg

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_19.png.jpg

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_14.png.jpg

Last edited:
Stuff from/inspired by Quinion's Legendary Beasties contest.

KAPPA
He clearly does not give a fuck.
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_7.png.jpg

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_6.png.jpg

Notes: nose made out of rabbit ears with some yellow stickers to extend color to face and jaw. Sphere sticking out of head for bald spot.

MERMAID
Goin' for less Disney and more Grimm, maybe a little Lovecraft even. Thus the slightly fishy look. Obviously, she's only partially transformed since full-on fishtail in CaS is hard. Oh, and I put lil' stripes on the fishies in the bowl for fun.
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_30.png.jpg
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_9.png.jpg

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_15.png.jpg

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_34.png.jpg

Notes: horns for glowing eyes, bat wings for ears, and turtle shell extended onto scaly pants with fish stickers for fish "tail." Fishy mouth line made with bump mapped naval insignia sticker.

WERECAT
Originally from the BroQuest challenge but with some updates.
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_12.png.jpg

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_17.png.jpg

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_1.png.jpg

Notes: Lots of raven wing stickers and tiger patterns. Cat tail SpecEq and two pairs of inverted ant antennae for the whiskers.

Last edited:
Quick update with old CaS from various threads:

1. CAI WENJI
Birthday request from Pocky-Yoshi.
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ.png.jpg

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_4.png.jpg

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_5.png.jpg

Notes: inspired by her various costumes throughout the Dynasty Warriors series, but actually original work for the most part. Flower brooch and inverted ant antennae for the headdress. Jacket has butterfly sticker (blue) layered over number eight sticker (gold) layered over inverted lion crest sticker (white + gold).

2. 7 OF DIAMONDS
Entry for HolyCarp's card challenge.
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_21.png.jpg

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_15.png.jpg

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_3.png.jpg

There's always been something cold, inhuman, and vaguely sinister about the portraits on the face cards, so she started as a blue-skinned demon. My pencil sketch had her as a magician with that 7 face tattoo and a jacket with a 7-shaped front flap. The top hat obscured too much of the face tattoo though, so I made her a mini-hat (turtle shell + heart + feather) instead. The mini-hat's rakish/troll-ish look pushed the rest of the design in that direction for the final product.

I missed a few of those apparently, the mermaid is a piece of art, from´advanced texturing (down to the mesmerizing eye globes) to the branchiae and fish mouth which are new and fresh (fish ?:). The fish bowl symbolizes how mermaids can lure seamen and trap them forever i guess !

7 of diamonds is great too, like how you added depth to the corset and (intentionally) made an erect nipple out of the sticker corner :p
And the face with the perfectly positioned 7 and spiel with black/red/red pupil is nice.
The vibe you describe in your BStory is definitely oozing from this OC.

I dunno who CAI Wengi is but she is a hottie with a cute headdress :)

Your upping your game lately and i mean it...and please repost your tribal CAS allright ?

Last edited:
KALI
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_15.png2.jpg

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_13.png.jpg

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_9.png.jpg

Notes: Inspired by @Quinion's Manasa, @Matty82's Padmajai, @Gatsu's Trishna, and @chobek's Shiva. All awesome original creations, so I had to mix things up a bit to keep it fresh. Skirt's some flowery pattern + two tree stickers + zipper sticker. Reset zipper sticker on skin under bra for lower gold border. Bindi (red dot between eyebrows) is a yin-yang sticker placed-by-view and colored red/blue with the red half covered by a number one sticker. Forehead ornament is naval insignia sticker placed-by-view. 3 sets of different DLC lol so expensive lol.

Last edited:
Back