α Patroklos General Discussion/ Q&A

Stick vs. Pad:

There are obviously players on both sides of this equation. However, I can promise you that, once you get past the learning curve of initially transitioning from stick to pad, you will never doubt your decision to start playing on stick. I have no idea how Alpha players even manage to execute the B+K, 62B, 44B+K/33A+B on pad. o_O

Fun fact, you can slide 62B input. Doing B+K, 632B, 44B+K/33A+B. Makes it easier on pad I think. =]

Fun fact, you can slide 62B input. Doing B+K, 632B, 44B+K/33A+B. Makes it easier on pad I think. =]

Yup, that does indeed work. What also works is doing 66A+B instead of 33A+B for the last hit. The game will recognize that you're on the other side of the enemy and let you use 66 as the "back, back" motion.

To me it seems like the timing for 1B:B is slightly off, as if i have to hit the button AFTER it connects. If someone could post a slowed down video with his just frames linking the input of the command (with input display) with the green flash indicating a properly timed JF, that would be really helpful. I'd do it myself, but I have neither the technology nor the skill.

Also, what is up with this combo:

8A+B, A(counter), B+K:B, bA. It seems like the timing to hit them with bA is REALLY strict. I always end up hitting them with standard A.

To me it seems like the timing for 1B:B is slightly off, as if i have to hit the button AFTER it connects. If someone could post a slowed down video with his just frames linking the input of the command (with input display) with the green flash indicating a properly timed JF, that would be really helpful. I'd do it myself, but I have neither the technology nor the skill.

Also, what is up with this combo:

8A+B, A(counter), B+K:B, bA. It seems like the timing to hit them with bA is REALLY strict. I always end up hitting them with standard A.
You are probably inputting the bA to early. Delay it a little bit.

I'll try to get it perfect, but I've already tried that and end up missing the hit window. I usually just sakura twister to end the combo, but winter funeral is better.
Works for me. Try making the input a little clearer then or just mash it out by doing bAbAbAbAbAbAbAbAbA until it comes out lol

B+K 62B 11A+B - 71 dmg.
B+K 62B 44B+K - 82 dmg.

So this is the command and all.
Is the command actually B+K 62B [11A+B_44B+K]?
Or is the command B+K 62B [33A+B_66B+K]?

Cause, if you're initially facing right, the start would be B+K 62B, then he's on the other side of the opponent and facing left. At this point do you continue executing this as if you're facing Right or do you reverse the controls since he's reversed directions?

Input it as the game tells you, so that the B+K directions of the last hit point towards the player, or the A+B directions point away.

You can actually hit either. Both 44B+K and 66B+K do the last hit regardless of which side you switch to. Seems the game accepts that you hit it and doesn't want to confuse you with which side you're on.

You can actually hit either. Both 44B+K and 66B+K do the last hit regardless of which side you switch to. Seems the game accepts that you hit it and doesn't want to confuse you with which side you're on.
that's awesome...
Cause that is a confusing move [input wise], and since it's not the easiest to input it's difficult to know if you're even doing it right since it doesn't come out the first few times you try it [unless you play KoF religiously or something like that].

Yep, you can definitely do either 44_66B+K/11_33A+B for the final hit.

b4k4's fun wall style combo!

(starting with your back to wall)

B+K,62B,11_33A+B, w!, B+K,62B,44_66B+K, 2363B

Doing two of these in a row is just so stylish.

Yep, you can definitely do either 44_66B+K/11_33A+B for the final hit.

b4k4's fun wall style combo!

(starting with your back to wall)

B+K,62B,11_33A+B, w!, B+K,62B,44_66B+K, 2363B

Doing two of these in a row is just so stylish.
Setsuka makes me think of playing KoF.
For about a week I stopped playing Soul Calibur and only played Marvel vs Capcom 2, Streetfighter Alpha 3, and Streetfighter 3rd strike. Then I played Soul Cal and wasn't as good with Nightmare but had loads of improvement with Setsuka/aPat.

The commands with that guy are like 2D fighters.

So what are his best moves for block punishing? So far I'm using BB and AA. But I think maybe 8A+B A is a good punisher too?

As far as wiff punishers go I'm using 66B.

Also what are all his combo starters? Particularly CH ones?

So what are his best moves for block punishing? So far I'm using BB and AA. But I think maybe 8A+B A is a good punisher too?

As far as wiff punishers go I'm using 66B.

Also what are all his combo starters? Particularly CH ones?

Block punishment:

Standing

-12 2143a:B
-14 2364B+K BE
-17 1B:B
-22 2143A+B

Crouching
-12 FC 3a:B
-14 2364B+K BE
-17 2363B
-22 FC 3A+B

First time using Setsuka style, and I think I'm getting a feel for the execution, but I want to know what the main objectives are in a fight. What moves do I want to land, what do I want to be blocked, what distance I should be keeping, that sort of thing. Like a checklist where, if everything's checked, I should be having a pretty good match.

Call me mad but after doing jf twister quite a lot of times, my finger does start to feel tired and hurts a bit and I lose consistency in doing them but what I found helps a lot is to use a soft stress ball to relieve it. Trust me, one squeeze in between matches or round really helps a lot.

Back