α Patroklos General Discussion/ Q&A

Buffering is a term I hear mentioned a lot. I have no difficulty in performing the just frame attacks or setting up combos with 2143 B:B but am still having issues with buffering 2143 a:B, especially with the 214 B+G 2143 a:B 2143 a:B combo. I was wondering if anyone had any actual data in terms of buffering that they would be willing to post here.

You perform a motion while the animation for your current attack is still active or just about to end. And once the attack has ended you should be pressing the buttons for your buffered command.

Example: A+G, 8A+BB, 2143 a:B. I input the 2143 as his sword is sheathed from the 8A+BB portion of the combo, so I buffered the motion during this visual cue and when I hit a:B BAM fuckin' twister rapes their shit. =D

Hey there aPat pros :D

Any advice from you good ol' fellow SC pros on how to beat Pyrrah?

100% no joke, this chick is about to make me quit this game. She is a stupid character full of BS, and I have more fun playing Mitsu or Viola any day. :/

I have trouble connecting twister x2 online against opponents who tech correctly. Is there an alternative to the second twister? Like a mixup or a force block.

I have trouble connecting twister x2 online against opponents who tech correctly. Is there an alternative to the second twister? Like a mixup or a force block.
if they tech correctly I usually give up and chase after them with a mixup. i dont bother with the second twister unless they're near a wall

I think 214B catches that direction or you can just 2142K, which reaches further than normal 2K.

214B unfortunately does not track that direction. 2361A catches them if the first twister is done at point blank, otherwise misses often, as does 2142K. Delayed 66A+B also seems to work, does good guard damage.

So I took my freshly minted alpha to his first tournament... did not end well.

Does anyone find any use or even do alpha's silver moon combo? (B+K 62B 44B or 33A+B) does 80 damage and its fairly easier to do than the one in sc4 imo...but maybe alpha's don't use this because alpha can already do over 80 damage with his BE combo's and Jf twisters=o Thats what I've always figured.

Does anyone find any use or even do alpha's silver moon combo? (B+K 62B 44B or 33A+B) does 80 damage and its fairly easier to do than the one in sc4 imo...but maybe alpha's don't use this because alpha can already do over 80 damage with his BE combo's and Jf twisters=o Thats what I've always figured.

I occasionally use it when I trained my opponent to block low after many 2361K. Also the main reason I use is connection with the oppenent. If its 3 bars then I will use his silver moon combo because I don't want to drop a just frame combo due to lag. It's one of alpha's worst enemy.

Depends on the opponent in my experience. To use this most effectively you want an opponent who likes to attack at disadvantage and wakeup, proactive defence generally covered with TC moves. Aggressive Maxi players for example with 6A+B etc etc.
I would not however be using it against a character like Leixia who is covered much more by backstep and SS. Again, its down to the opponent though, if they're the type to open to it you should of course use it.

I want to make a vow... to better myself!

Meaning I want to try and pick up aPat. I just find the fact that he is labeled an "Execution Heavy" character intimidating and fear learning him will be a very daunting task.

It's been rough for me, especially being the first time I've taken a Soul Calibur game seriously for competitive play. It's not easy that's for sure, but the level of accomplishment when your hard work pays off makes me feel like it's totally worth playing this character.

I have some questions about Apat :

1. i tested the hax grab 214B+G for a while, it seems you can combo with a regular twister after that, (i still can't do the JFT consistantly) but on specific character, only the JFT work, ( Pyrrha for example ) is this me missing the timing of the input of the regular twister or this combo is character dependant?

2. Also, still with 214B+G, is 236 2BA an unavoidable combo ? (to do easier ringout with the grab.)

3. Also, after a twister in a combo ( example : CH 33B, JFT) , i usually follow with 236 2BA or 8A+B B to deal additional damage to people that do not tech, but is there any tech trap to catch experienced people who tech it ?

4. last question. Can i use A+B to repel Viola orb in a reliable way ? for exemple, can i use it to counter *** 6B+K ?

thanks for the future answers

*Put into a list by Syn for tidiness, no content edited. =)*

1. Its you missing the timing. 214B+G JF Twister, JF Twister is the combo.
2. No, they can definitely tech left, I don't know about right.
3. You can either do a second JF Twister or 214 2K as both are garunteed. Delayed bA is a tech trap. Only use 2362BA on people who don't know the matchup.
4.You could try, but there is no point so don't bother lol, even if it does work, risk reward is too low and if she does 6B+K~mixup, after blocking the first hit, 2363B will dodge the orb and launch her if she presses buttons. You can also use regular GI if you want more options in the mixup (reverse wall splat with B+K 62B 11A+B for example). I rattled off a few answers to the orb in this video, but see what you can find as well.

But if you don't want to be tested on execution and want to win with a character so braindead a child could win with, there is this guy, lol.

Alpha is worth the effort:
His throws do more damage than Astaroth.
His punishers are stronger than Omega Pyrrha.
His meterless damage is the best in the game.
He flashes white a lot.
If the opponent KOs you hard he becomes topless. ^_^

Totally worth it! =D

But if you don't want to be tested on execution and want to win with a character so braindead a child could win with, there is this guy, lol.

Alpha is worth the effort:
His throws do more damage than Astaroth.
His punishers are stronger than Omega Pyrrha.
His meterless damage is the best in the game.
He flashes white a lot.
If the opponent KOs you hard he becomes topless. ^_^

Totally worth it! =D
That and the look on someone's face when they get KO'd by a JF Twister out of the blue is priceless.

Back