α Patroklos General Discussion/ Q&A

I'm interested to know who else does this. Rather than slide from A to B using the face buttons, I do square (A) and then R1 (A+B) to register the B command for Sakura Twister. It works quite well and I can get JF a fair amount of the time. I'm just wondering if people think I'm stupid for doing it this way.
i do it all the time for ag:B but i never thought to use it for twisters...interesting

hello, i need help, i can do JFT consisently but somehow it keeps whiffing in combos for the second JFT finisher. For example the combo : 44B+K(be), FC 3B : B , JFT , JFT. in this combo the last just frame twister keeps whiffing. the CPU can left tech the last JFT if your not fast enough with the second JFT. can anyone give me some tips on how to land the second JFT in combos more consisently please. or when i should buffer the input for the second JFT. thanks plz reply

hello, i need help, i can do JFT consisently but somehow it keeps whiffing in combos for the second JFT finisher. For example the combo : 44B+K(be), FC 3B : B , JFT , JFT. in this combo the last just frame twister keeps whiffing. the CPU can left tech the last JFT if your not fast enough with the second JFT. can anyone give me some tips on how to land the second JFT in combos more consisently please. or when i should buffer the input for the second JFT. thanks plz reply
Buffer the 214 during the recovery of the first JFT then do 3aB the instant the animation finishes. It's pretty difficult to do consistently so most aPats don't do it in tournament play.

What slade said. If it is missing that means that you are not doing it fast enough. The timing is extremely tight and second JFT is always harder to do than the first in combos. If you keep dropping it, sometimes it's better to run up and get a mixup rather than go for the second JFT combo damage, especially in exceedingly long combos because it will be scaled so much.

thank you for the feedback, both of you. :) interestingly the combo works if you buffer the A then hold B, however it doesnt work if i do a aB just frame slide normally. weird. >.< anyways thanks. please reply back if you have anything else to say. cheers.

just realised that i wasnt doing the JFT fast enough, the second just frame twister connects even if i dont buffer it but i have to be quicker otherwise the opponent can left tech it. gotta be quicker at the 2143 motion.

i use a TE round 2 stick and my set up looks like this (G) (A) (B) (A)
(B) (G) (K) (A+B+K)
i slide from the top row 2nd A in a diagonal motion downwards and for twister i do top row last A to left B for sakura twister. hope this helps :)

Guess who's back?

Bit of housekeeping to attend to:
First of all I feel the need to apologise to pretty much every member of this website for being an arrogant cunt since SCV's release. Since my... Removal, I have switched to Tekken which is now my main game and I play SC for fun on the side as Tekken has a bigger competitive scene and I've grown to prefer the engine. Nevertheless, the fact remains that I'm a preety good Alpha if I say so myself, lol and I will be attempting to contribute on occassion when I sit down and rinse SCV. Considering my account's deletion, I presume my ban is permanent so this too will most likely be deleted, which is fair enough, but if it is not, I hope that I can be better for the community than I was before.
Long story short, I'm sorry.

Secondly, I have also switched consoles, I'm now a PS3 player and am keen to spar with anyone who wants some casuals. My PSN is Syn_Kazama (TTT2 Jin player, lol). Anyway, if people want practice in the matchup or anything akin, just let me know.

You can read this and be welcoming or you could just tell me to fuck off (which I frankly deserve) but in either case I don't plan on posting here much, the extent of what I plan to do is answer questions and post videos where applicable. I'm done with being the guy who shouts a lot.

Peace.

2B+K, 2A, CE.
Pretty useful because the opponent has essentially a 50/50:
Stay down and get 8A+BB'd or eat a confirmed CE.

Very low risk, very good reward.
Of course, if you are meterless or want a greater reward due to positioning you can always do a 66B/1AAA/Throw mixup if you bet on them standing by a wall, though obviously this means taking a much bigger risk.

Incidentally another reason aPat players I feel should avoid using BEs whith less than 75% meter. With a CE on deck he is the scariest thing in this game.

welcome back syn, is the fastest possible twister from neutral 16 frames? because you have to do the 2143 motion before it, which takes 4 frames rite? can someone tell me if this is correct. thanks.

Incidentally another reason aPat players I feel should avoid using BEs whith less than 75% meter. With a CE on deck he is the scariest thing in this game.
One thing I do right!
I'm going to try to simplify something for bigger noobs than myself. 214 = FC, 236 = 8WR. I can't believe how long I played him before I realized that. Derp.

Now my questions: Does 2142A come out faster than just 2A, and if so, is it that way for all moves done by 214 or 236?

I'll explain this in depth. 2A and FC A are not identical in properties, because as with any character who has a generic 2A, FC A is one frame faster. The reason for this is 2A is FC A but an extra frame is used to enter the FC moveset.
2A is i13
FC A is therefor i12

By considering this, it is useful because in blockstun it gives you effectively 2A as a 12 frame punish. A very good thing to have if you are against a character abusing -12 on block moves and you don't want to risk messing up a JF Twister punish, which is a death sentence.

As a working example I will use Leixia's 66AA. It is -12 on block but she recovers in FC, meaning it is safe against all characters except Alpha with JF Twister and Yoshimitsu with iMCF (lol) as they are the only characters who have access to non high moves at 12 frames/earlier. Anyway, it is a tough punish so you can instead do 2142A, as it comes out in 12 frames it will punish and you can safely confirm into CE. Messing up the punish here leaves you at -5.
*Disclaimer* Obviously anyone with matchup experience vs Leixia would JG the second hit of 66AA and twister but it was the first thing that came to mind... If you want a PRACTICAL example, Cervantes 66A at close range.

Seeing as I like watching Leixia die for personal reasons, I'll share another gem for this move. Leixia WS B BE. It is hard to do but you can JG the third hit by itself in blockstun, at which point the move becomes -12/-13. 2142A CE will punish that (and I don't care what Leixia players say) fucking bullshit move...

SHORYUKEN! Oh, you blocked it, no matter, I still have a strong reverse mixup. Enjoy the guage damage on that move btw. ;)

I mean WTF?!

Back