α Patroklos General Discussion/ Q&A

bA also sets up force blocks and makes it so your opponent hss to commit to whatever option they choose, making it easy to see them tech and go for a throw/mid/1a:A:a mixup or simple oki. It also guarantees 2362ba if it knocks them down backturned (close by).

I'm having a bit of trouble with aPat, in regards to stepkilling, what are some optimal moves to throw out if you hard read a step, or even as a guess.

4K is your best bet for a safe mid with good enough range (no forward motion sadly). I also like to 8A+BA for its TJ and interesting reward on some hits. YOLO bA works sometimes too. :D

If you land a clean hit as a counter. Would it be called a critical hit? Was doing this in training using agb and never saw it again after that one instance. Happened during a jf agb.

Thanks! I guess it's time to practice, yeah.

But, what makes NH 33B ~ bA useful?
If you can tell that it is going to be a NH 33B, then bA does more damage, as well as having much more range, so it won't whiff at max range like twister will on smaller characters if you JF it. It also gives a much more desirable knockdown for a better Oki game. Plus you get extra style points.

If you land a clean hit as a counter. Would it be called a critical hit? Was doing this in training using agb and never saw it again after that one instance. Happened during a jf agb.
No, I think that's just a fluke. Clean hit and Counter hit are separate.

I'm not comfortable with my execution just yet to start doing 2143b:b combos, mainly because I'm having trouble visually confirming for example when 33b hits on CH. It's just so much easier to always go for JFT. Do you guys think this is a reasonable way to think, or is it time to start dropping combos in order to eventually learn how to visually confirm and do the harder stuff?
I'm over a month late on this, so this reply may not even be helpful to you, lol. IMO, 2143B:B_BE in combos is only worth it if you're near a wall/ring edge, or only planning on doing one JFT/going for the 8A+B B combo. The ~20 extra damage you get from incorporating it is not at all worth the massive increase in difficulty of landing the JFT 2x after it. The 2143B:B -> JFT step is another thing to worry about as well, and much easier to mess up than you might think. It's also very inconsistent against left tech on some characters (Natsu and Hilde I know for sure, but I can't remember if there are others since it's been 5 months since I last played, lol). If you are near a wall or ring edge though, the value of doing 2143B:B_BE suddenly skyrockets, and you should pretty much always be going for it unless you can kill them with just a JFT or whatever.

I'm over a month late on this, so this reply may not even be helpful to you, lol. IMO, 2143B:B_BE in combos is only worth it if you're near a wall/ring edge, or only planning on doing one JFT/going for the 8A+B B combo. The ~20 extra damage you get from incorporating it is not at all worth the massive increase in difficulty of landing the JFT 2x after it. The 2143B:B -> JFT step is another thing to worry about as well, and much easier to mess up than you might think. It's also very inconsistent against left tech on some characters (Natsu and Hilde I know for sure, but I can't remember if there are others since it's been 5 months since I last played, lol). If you are near a wall or ring edge though, the value of doing 2143B:B_BE suddenly skyrockets, and you should pretty much always be going for it unless you can kill them with just a JFT or whatever.
you still exist?!

Thank you so much for this input! Very helpful! :)

Maybe my terminology is wrong (not sure how it's done myself).

Basically using a programmable controller to input the move perfectly. I was wondering if anyone's done that.
Edit: ok I know what you mean now, but I know of nobody who has done that. That sounds crazy and awesome at the same time

But JFTx2 is such an easy move to do. I swear if you just practice enough you will have an accuracy of like 95%... but not in tournaments lol your execution drops to 0% if you're new and not used to it

But JFTx2 is such an easy move to do. I swear if you just practice enough you will have an accuracy of like 95%... but not in tournaments lol your execution drops to 0% if you're new and not used to it

Oh I'm alright with JFTx2 (offline at least). But during training there's this one angle that I can never get it after I KND the opponent because their hitbox is further left than usual on the ground (I'm guessing this is also why 214B+G ~ JFTx2 doesn't work on Pyrrha). I was wondering if a perfectly input JFTx2 would work there.

Back