α Patroklos General Discussion/ Q&A

The timing for A+G 4 8A+BB 2A BE JFT is hard to get though, it needs a large amount of training to hit that consistently (or at least 70%) against small hitbox characters.

The hard part is : you actually have two different timings.
One for tech right and one for tech left.
Those two timings merge together on a very very short timetable.
So... good luck if you want to try to master that. It's hard as hell (even harder than JFT JFT) but it can be done.

IMO it's not really worth it, but you can try it times to times or if your opponent only tech only left or only right.

Remarks :
1) You can also get A+G 8A+BB 2A BE JFT against small hitbox characters easily if you're using A+G throw near a wall.

It's really easy to do, and can be range confirmed. You can also change the length of your 8A+BB range with 4 or 6 in order to get 2A BE if you're parrallel to the wall.

2) While I don't really consider A+G 4 8A+BB 2A BE JFT against small hitbox characters worthwhile since it's way too hard and inconsistent, I would advise you to try to master A+G 8A+BB late JFT (can be done against all characters).

This late JFT will change the wake up situation of A+G 8A+BB JFT against all characters.

You may have noticed that, depending on AC, the A+G throw combo will put you in a bad wake up situation (you're even sometimes in BT after the A+G throw).
But if you use a late JFT for the A+G throw, you will hit opponent OTG after 8A+BB.

You will deal 61dmg instead of 63dmg but your opponent will be at your feet.
You will have a perfect spot to use 214~2K (or any kind of wake up attack you want). Mix it up with some launchers from times to times and you'll often have a 75dmg+ A+G throw without using any BE.

And it's way easier to do :)

Last edited:
I discover a new basic combo for the ones who have a hard time with the twister input. After 3B(NH) 44B+K will connect if the opponent has been launched from the front or from the right. The damage is around 51-53.

Quick question about 44A. What's the best way to utilize this?
What do you use after it?
If I’m remembering correctly which move that is (that’s a big “if” — it’s been a while), I don’t think it has any special use cases. It might set up a throw/mid mixup or a backdash to bait out a whiff, but it’s unexceptional enough in most ways as to be superfluous to 3A (safe, TC, mid), 33A (fast, CE on CH), 22AA (fast, combo), WR A (good frames, CE on CH). It is tied with 4A and bA as his fastest guard breaking horizontal, which is worth noting, although guard bursts with aPat are a rarity overall.

What are the thoughts of the community on whether something should be in Circle Jerk or General Discussion?

Also, should Circle Jerk posts show up in the side bar on new forum posts?

/Discuss

Back