A tale of souls and swords, eternally retold (SC6 edition)

Thanks dude ! Yeah Azwel has a very unique face which can be used in many different ways / designs...i'll be waiting for your char then :)
My personal favourite of this whole page : tiny libellule xoxo

I hope you don't get a shark attack seeing this one :

1542360659330.png

1542362021282.png

1542360695078.png

Last edited:
Thanks guys, i shoal reveal it was only a baita version before it turned out reely nice, if not increnibble ! I rod this from my hotel room at Eurodisney, decorated as a boat with Donald and co. (Authentic :)

One guy, a thousand words....this is gonna be long😅
Libellule:
Overview: Rainbows everywhere haha!! She also looks like a fairy good person that wouldn't charm (harm) a fly ;)
Head: The amount of detail here is exquisprite (exquisite), your clever use of the ExEq horns posing as her antennas and eyebrows is amazing, but the thing that pleasantly intrigued me is her headwear and face. The rainbow-patterned top part of the chinese cap along with its full of jewels bottom fit immensely well with the gradient heart ExEq, giving off a royalty vibe which is further reinforced by the butterfly-themed facepaint, the golden earrings and some stickers, namely a butterfly starting from her neck and going up to her cheeks, and a couple of angel wings that simulate bits of hair, a small yet great touch.
Upper+lower body: I'll be honest here, i used to think ill of the rainbow pattern, i've seen many creations with it in the past and i didn't like it, the reasons being that i either couldn't evaluate CaS properly or, that it wasn't applied well in said creations. Suffice to say that Libellule confirmed my thoughts, i was inexperienced. So, aside from the wings (which are granted), i found Sophie's shoulder pads and Xianghua's arms and foot-wear to be a fitting choice of eguipment for Libe.

Swatxi: Overview: Dandycop, 'nuff said.
Head: This made me scratch my head in question a few times, as i'm still wondering which ExEq you used for the visor. If i'm sure about something though, it blends in nicely with the camo helmet.
Upper body: Yoshi's armor and gauntlets prove once again their versatility in creating awesome CaS, especially with the camo patterns and the blue-grey metal color scheme. I also really dig the star sticker on his left shoulder, how you made your own little badge on his inner clothing and the ExEq goggles on his back simulating a pair of thrusters.
Lower body: Zasalamel's pants seemed to me kinda modern or asynchronous back when he was revealed (not strange, seeing as he's a master of time) and thus, they do wonders for Maxi here, the way you customized them makes them look like today's military/SWAT gear.

Geish-Ai: Overview: Really loving that drone! She reminds me of some similar assassins from Ghost in the Shell (Great as an anime but as a live-action movie...meh)
Head: Those red eyes staring straight at my face give me goosebumps! Great sticker-work on the face, quite fond of her mask too.
Upper+lower body: I'm hyped by how well you decorated the Spy Robe! Aside from the chess pattern on the cloth wrap, the white butterfly on the back and the scorpion sticker on the sash, i also noticed (and am pleasantly surprised of) a pattern you applied on the robe to replicate clothing texture, very interesting trick.
Skin: Elaborate and well-detailed with the enlarged zipper and star stickers, very good.

Sharkalibur: Overview: He can't scare me that easily, i'm very profishient when it comes to sharks. He reminded me of Atlantean warriors when i gave him a better look.
Head: It's jawesome! The ExEq fins, the zipper posing as his teeth, perfect details.
Upper+lower body: I'm in love with his color palette, the copper armor bits fit real good with his fish scale-patterned tribal skirt and the tribal top with the small teeth decorations, bravo!
Skin: The phase 2 malfested race was tailor-made for him, his bright blue eyes provide a nice contrast to the red cracks on his body. Lastly, i saw you used scar stickers on his abdomen to resemble fish gills, job well done!!

Your attention to detail stuns me everytime Vil, i had loads of fun as i was writing down these lines, hope you'll get to enjoy them!
Now, if you'll excuse me fellow fighters...i need..to....lay down...and rest😵😴

@chobek : thx, i am always happy when i surprise you since you surprise me 99% of the time with your freaks :)

@Ardent : I had sooo much fun reading it and will do your jawesome review justice but right now i have just returned from our family trip to Disneyland Paris and i am a zombie :) Tomorrow philos, tomorrow

One guy, a thousand words....this is gonna be long😅

I didn't really know how to do your reviews justice : i know the time it takes, admittedly not as much as creating the CAS themselves, but i know it is a long process to get to the actual review post (posting CAS is a long process too, but i think reviews are even harder because you need to take notes, try to spot all the small details and report, sometimes guessing some of the. This is why they are usually very well received by creators, especially when there is constructive criticism in them.

So instead of just saying, awesome review etc. as i did before, I decided to review your review and put myself in the reviewer's shoes (of course, tis much easier being behind the reviewed CAS), but i'll try to be fair in my review of yours, saying how i felt about it (emotions) and what i would have added, mistakes you might have made in the interpretation, etc.
I hope you won't mind me being a bit critique at times, because i want your reviews to get even better (brucege perfect :), and of course i'd like them to keep coming when i post new stuff. It's just my guilty pleasure as you know...
My comments right below yours in italic (like this one), with ref bonus pics for your trouble (and for illustration)...

Libellule:
Overview: Rainbows everywhere haha!! She also looks like a fairy good person that wouldn't charm (harm) a fly ;)

Love your puns, but you don't need to put the source word in brackets, it's like saying to your reader, hey, you are french, so you probably won't get it unless i put the "solution" in brackets :(
You don't need to, i get all your puns, plus i like it better when i need to scratch my head a little :)...

I took extra time and care to craft the little background poem (instead of a background story), i though you'd mention it, because i was curious what you guys thought of it ? It has its share of puns and metaphors :)->

I am Libellule, queen of Dragonflies,
Sprite off all Sprites,
Pixie of all Pixels,
I feed off game bugs
Crawling inside your screen,
I roam the jungle of 0 and 1s, tiny, tiny
In your ears i wisp-er, fly and fire,
You will fall under my spell, eventually,
Because you see, I
am so Fairy Fairy Sexy...

Head: The amount of detail here is exquisprite (exquisite), your clever use of the ExEq horns posing as her antennas and eyebrows is amazing, but the thing that pleasantly intrigued me is her headwear and face. The rainbow-patterned top part of the chinese cap along with its full of jewels bottom fit immensely well with the gradient heart ExEq, giving off a royalty vibe which is further reinforced by the butterfly-themed facepaint, the golden earrings and some stickers, namely a butterfly starting from her neck and going up to her cheeks, and a couple of angel wings that simulate bits of hair, a small yet great touch.

Ok, this part of the review is almost perfect philos thank you ! Only thing you might have misinterpreted is that in order to make the eyebrows as vibrant with the rainbow pattern, you need to use an ExEq with good shine properties, a versatile one that can be shrunk, so i used the blue demonic tail ExEq (or whatever it's called), not horns, but maybe you meant that one anyways.
The whole idea behind the headgear was to reproduce the head of a dragonfly, and give a sense of size to make the CAS appear tiny (being smaller than the dragonfly she hunted...)
The butterfly pattern on the neck you noticed is used to make the chin appear smaller and more fairy like :)

9,5/10 for this part of your review !
A bonus pic for face ref.

Upper+lower body: I'll be honest here, i used to think ill of the rainbow pattern, i've seen many creations with it in the past and i didn't like it, the reasons being that i either couldn't evaluate CaS properly or, that it wasn't applied well in said creations. Suffice to say that Libellule confirmed my thoughts, i was inexperienced. So, aside from the wings (which are granted), i found Sophie's shoulder pads and Xianghua's arms and foot-wear to be a fitting choice of eguipment for Libe.

So did i, but the key here is to make good use of Taki's underwear (don't get me wrong), which just work with the rainbow patterns, as all the other parts i carefully selected for the effect.

The trick with the rainbow pattern is to find the right size and angle to produce a natural and fairy whimsical look for the CAS (as on the wings). Experiment and this pattern can do wonders, as on some of the mayan CAS i did in 5, if you saw them.

What you might have missed is that if you do this properly, you can have cool effects like the different color Sophie pads for example, did you see ? Using this size/angle technique you can have different parts of an equipment get a unique vibrant colors even when you don't have a color selection option for said part (as with the tradi. gradient pattern). Works wonders sometimes...
Another thing you didn't mention is how taki's soul charge reinforces the magical vibe with the glowing runes/letters on her tight body suit.

It was also important to me to sexualize the CAS using a scar sticker, because she looked even more natural, sprites don't hide anything, as would angels :) I understand it was a conscious decision not to comment this (i put most pics in spoilers), but it is an important part of my design : she is beautiful but also fierce and wanton, as Drago said :)

The weapon (soulcalibur) is also worth metioning because the jewel adds another touch of mystique

For this part, 8/10 mon ami

TOTAL : 8,75/10

Swatxi: Overview: Dandycop, 'nuff said.
Such a good name !

Head: This made me scratch my head in question a few times, as i'm still wondering which ExEq you used for the visor. If i'm sure about something though, it blends in nicely with the camo helmet.

Heart and pattern do the illusion, not like we have many basic shapes to work with... -0,5 for not guessing the obvious, high-school style :)

Upper body: Yoshi's armor and gauntlets prove once again their versatility in creating awesome CaS, especially with the camo patterns and the blue-grey metal color scheme. I also really dig the star sticker on his left shoulder, how you made your own little badge on his inner clothing and the ExEq goggles on his back simulating a pair of thrusters.

Scar sticker was a chore not to get too distorted. The armor break part, great that you spotted the thrusters, i hid them a little, only visible on a few pics, good eyes ! 17 was the quizz, did you do your research (17+France) ? Since you don't mention it, maybe you didn't, it is the 911 of France...police emergencies. Anecdote : since i always use 8/8 stickers, i didn't have enough for 911 :)

Lower body: Zasalamel's pants seemed to me kinda modern or asynchronous back when he was revealed (not strange, seeing as he's a master of time) and thus, they do wonders for Maxi here, the way you customized them makes them look like today's military/SWAT gear.

Yup, didn't find anything else even remotely looking modern, and Groh's suits/pants didn't really work either (i tried).

8,5/10 for this review !

Geish-Ai: Overview: Really loving that drone! She reminds me of some similar assassins from Ghost in the Shell (Great as an anime but as a live-action movie...meh)

Was my inspiration exactly, movie isn't bad, especially in full screen 3D as i have at home, but some issues like the french actress (meh) and pacing issues, boring ending.

Head: Those red eyes staring straight at my face give me goosebumps! Great sticker-work on the face, quite fond of her mask too.

Thanks, what you might have missed here is the fact that i used goggles to make the eyes look like terminator/cybernetic add-ons, it just adds to the robot feel, easy to miss, but you can't miss it if you peel...your eyes :)

Upper+lower body: I'm hyped by how well you decorated the Spy Robe! Aside from the chess pattern on the cloth wrap, the white butterfly on the back and the scorpion sticker on the sash, i also noticed (and am pleasantly surprised of) a pattern you applied on the robe to replicate clothing texture, very interesting trick.

Thanks, spot-on !

Skin: Elaborate and well-detailed with the enlarged zipper and star stickers, very good.

Star / zipper stickers (projection or rotation mode) are really versatile for robotic looks...

For this review : 9/10

Sharkalibur: Overview: He can't scare me that easily, i'm very profishient when it comes to sharks. He reminded me of Atlantean warriors when i gave him a better look.

haha, profishient, your puns have some al-lure (and you didn't put the solution in brackets :)

Head: It's jawesome! The ExEq fins, the zipper posing as his teeth, perfect details.
the trick was using the ExEq curvature to bend the sticker and make it look like a curved shark mouth w/ teeth :)

Upper+lower body: I'm in love with his color palette, the copper armor bits fit real good with his fish scale-patterned tribal skirt and the tribal top with the small teeth decorations, bravo!

spot-on !

Skin: The phase 2 malfested race was tailor-made for him, his bright blue eyes provide a nice contrast to the red cracks on his body. Lastly, i saw you used scar stickers on his abdomen to resemble fish gills, job well done!!

Almost perfect, what about the sticker work to make the white underbelly contrast with the rest of the blueish skin ?

9/10 !

Your attention to detail stuns me everytime Vil, i had loads of fun as i was writing down these lines, hope you'll get to enjoy them!
Now, if you'll excuse me fellow fighters...i need..to....lay down...and rest😵😴

Thank you, i had a lot of fun reading, and my final verdict for today's ardent reviews is : 8,8 / 10* (sVILver seal of approval)

* : 9 = gold, 10 = platinum (with reward, tbd)

Last edited:
Thank you for your detailed, in-depth response, especially your criticisms :)
About the puns, i merely thought that i should make things easier for you in case i used a difficult word, hence the brackets, i didn't mean to disrespect or mock your knowledge of the language. My use of them was rude nonetheless though, and i apologize for that.

Lastly, regarding things and details that i've missed. To be honest, i've noticed most of them (including your lovely poem for Libellule, i had some good chuckles with all those puns and references) but, there are 2 reasons as to why i didn't mention them: 1st, language interpretation/translation problems. I believe i know how to communicate in English, it's just that sometimes i get completely stuck and don't know the right word or sentence to use.
And 2nd, time restraints. I struggled to write my review (i originally had much more to say/write about but i removed a lot since a big part of it was nonsensical gibberish) and, i hurried to keep my promise for reviewing your CAS and posting my thoughts yesterday, thus missing a lot of great stuff in the end. If i hate something fiercely, it's that i don't want to break promises or let down people who rely on me.

Thank you once again for your words and lesson on CAS Vil, both are fully appreciated!

Well said, and please, no apologies needed, your puns are (sometimes :) better than mine and your english is perfectly fine (and i am not the one to judge since english isn't my mother tongue, mine is probably broken without me noticing, plus i love how you try to include bits of french here and there in your posts :).

And it's not because i am fond of your review (and anyone else's) and you said you'd deliver at a given point in time that you can't take more time to refine it if you wish...it's not like we are in a customer/supplier relationship, we do all this for fun in our sparetime to get some exposition and social interaction with creative SC fans from around the world.

Last but not least, you are a really nice person and i am glad our paths crossed digitally on this board.

έχει σύντομα για νέα CAS φίλος !

And then you tell me not to write in greek alphabet hahaha, you clearly got the hang of it!!
Πολύ καλός, μπράβο! 👍

Still recovering from my marathon at Eurodisney, but i had an idea for a Libellule alt : CAGOUILLE !
The Talim style is perfect for her as well since she is literally flying all over the arena : flying s...l, why not in fairyland ? :)
Can you spit the differences between her and Libe ?

1542720583420.png

Luscyther, alt for you know who :
1542720621747.png

Et enfin les amis, my Uruk Hai alt, slightly remastered :

Snail White...(art-mor break)
1542720788683.png

Last edited:
Sharing CAS is a welcome addition in 6. But, so far, i only managed to share CAS with a french friend who managed to grab my CAS right after i uploaded it.
I do not know if the CAS offering is region specific (would make sense), but i notices every time i uploaded my CAS and my friend went to the sharing "gallery" the moment after, my CAS was the first displayed, making the download easy peasy.

I am more than willing to try and share one of my CAS (your pick) with someone from 8WR for testing : it would require being online at the same time, on XBOX, and probably juggling between different time zones.

I sincerely hope PS will realize how frustrating it is and implement some kind of search functionality since nobody really knows how this works. Of course, if you have additional / insider information, i guess we all would be interested to know what you found out, just as i discovered uploaded CAS were displayed on a first in-first out basis.

For instance, something else immensely frustrating : am i correct if i say that CAS fetched from other creators are unavailable for any form of online play, whatever the lobby policy, be it a favorite or not, but available in all other offline modes ?

For instance, something else immensely frustrating : am i correct if i say that CAS fetched from other creators are unavailable for any form of online play, whatever the lobby policy, be it a favorite or not, but available in all other offline modes ?
If i'm not mistaken, PS did this so as to prevent people for taking all the credit for CAS they themselves haven't made. My guess is that if they didn't, user/CAS integrity would be at stake. Not that it isn't now, with numerous folks posting screenshots here and there, claiming creations that weren't made by them, it's just that the problem could've been much worse if PS chose otherwise. Regarding this, let's say that you download a CAS from a friend of yours. Will his name, as the original creator, show up when you open the CAS, will it show yours, as the person who downloaded it or, will it show both in that order?

Last edited:
Haha, interesting angle, didn't know PS gave an explanation but it makes sense.

On the other hand, wouldn't have it been easier to allow the creator to lock his creation for edits, and just make the OC's identity visible in the game (you can see it by clicking a button where you download shared CAS).

Let me take an example, in a sports game called AO international tennis, you have a pretty cool character editor, where you can completely sculpt the face for instance : the creator can either choose to lock the character or allow modifications, and when you download it, it states : original creator = John + your gamertag if you copy-uploaded and try to "steal" the credit from someone.

Can you move CAS from one tab to the other (from customize to unique and vice versa), can you upload CAS from the customize tab (which aren't your), i will have to test ?

And what about my other question ?
am i correct if i say that CAS fetched from other creators are unavailable for any form of online play, whatever the lobby policy, be it a favorite or not, but available in all other offline modes ?

Those questions are not aimed at you Ardent, just honest and open questions to all viewers :)
One for you though :
Did you not slaver over my pretty Cagouille ? :)

I'm pretty sure I have your Siegfried on xbox (middle of the map in the u.s.). Had to snag him so I could unlock your mysteries. Haven't tried to see if he's locked out online. I wish there was a better way to find CAS. But there are some creative people out there.

Back