A tale of souls and swords, eternally retold (SC6 edition)

Well, painting boobs on the shirt wasn't easy, but with the right stickers tits isn't so hard after all :)
ExEq means Extra Equipment, the three slots at the bottom with the ring logo, that can do wonders to promote your CAS from pawn to queen...

Hah! Wow, I can't believe I didn't make that connection. Derp!

Chessvalier is hilariously clever btw. Love that you turned the flag into a chess board.

"Chessvalier" FGS. I LOVE IT.

You really are like, the weird and wonderful side of CaS. Also that thumbnail is inspired.

Thank you my british neighbor, means a lot (also you notice the thumbnail, i actually play chess on my smartphone on chess.com, if you ever wanna experience my french defense :) My ELO is currently...hum, let's say it's ELOW and call it a day, shall we :)

I am not normally one for the weird designs, but yours are a result of a mastery of the system.

I am not normally one for the use of the horse head, but since i am not a rook-ie, i try to bring new ideas to the board.
Now where's Greece for the chess puns ? :)

Man, all of these designs are just great. I can't really find a fault with any of them. Even Chessvalier is a funky-fresh look I don't see most people try to make.

Thanks, just noticed your thread by the way :)
A few bonus pics for your guys, i finally setlled with El Cervicero with Maxi's vest, because it looks the part and when armor breaks, you still keep the nice cow-boy look of the first design...

First of all, Chessvalier est parfait!! I...i lost it when i saw him and i'll say pretty much the same thing with the others: Excellently weird and full of mastery CaS! If one of my friends asks me for some good creations, i'll say rook no further than VILARCANE's!

I am not normally one for the use of the horse head, but since i am not a rook-ie, i try to bring new ideas to the board.
Now where's Greece for the chess puns ? :)
You asked for it :)
0rb7S.jpg

@Ardent : rook no further and your drawing, priceless...well, i could go on and on about how to do this or that and you might be surprised by a thing or two, but brucege is our beloved CAS teacher, so no need for a second one :)

@Bruce, i am gonna post new CAS until you need to make a book of your reviews you promised :) just kidding of course, ready when they're ready and you started your own thread too...i can't wait to see if you spot all the technical bread crumbs i left for you to scrutinize, wonder about like a true scientist, and eventually reveal...well technically, i got two more CAS i just wrapped up, then i'll stop to play RDR2, such an awesome game really...PREPARE FOR A BLOODY GRAND (tentative:) FINALE !

Now this will be my last batch, there is only one i safekeep as a bonus CAS just in case, still WIP anyways, but 90% complete :)

Here are Belmont and IVYmpyre, no W(h)IP those two :)

Gabriel Belmont Lords of Shadows is still hunting for malevolent blood-thirsty beings, now reduced to a few dozens individuals. Secluded and starving, they devolved into a half-bat half-human form : the Vympyres. At the head of their gloomy clan of casket dwellers is IVYmpyre, a former human dominatrix turned ghoul after being infected by a treacherous Vampire lover.

That'll be all for now, i might have posted too much already (as always, i can't help :) but at least there is material enough for a good artsy discussion on techniques, designs, etc. Feel free to steal / ask / review, that's why i post here, for the community feeling and sharing...

I am drained after doing the last few CAS, plus posting here and checking the other threads takes time, so i need some creative rest in the wild wild west...

Naja: Cool idea using the heart to make the snake head and the demon tails for the forked tongue. The scale pattern blends everything in very nicely.

Jolie: Holy shit, I actually have no idea how you made the nipples. Could you tell me what stickers you’re using there? Yin yang maybe? I love the custom ribbon in the hair. Who knew that the cat ears would actually look better than the actual ribbon ExEq we used to have. I’m gonna steal the shit out of that technique. And phenomenal shoes. Lots of techniques I’ll be storing in my technique catalogue. Love those custom eyebrows via lotus sticker too. Excellent choice connecting the blouse and pants with the pattern to make a jumpsuit, very clowns. Thematically, I’m pretty confused. It’s very rare that people ever sex-up a clown. Let alone an angry, psycho clown (as you indicate with the eyebrows). Certainly gives a lot to think about. You really pulled out all the stops on this one. Even managed to stump me. Outstanding.

El Carnicero: I love that macabre backstory. Violence makes everything better! I’m still hoping the poor chap will still true love one day <3. Very cool hat. Love the patch work going on there. I also favor the jacketed version. I don’t know if you had intended it to be so, but jacket blue/red/gold scheme is almost identical to the one worn by Antonio López de Santa Anna (Mexican general who fought in the Alamo). Excellent detail work with the cigar and gun too.

Chessvalier: Well-made and bat-shit crazy. I love that pawn hat and of course the pawn tattoo made from the number 1 and club stickers. Obviously he’s mumbling something about the E4 E6 French defense, but I don’t know enough about chess to figure out the rest haha. Somehow you managed to get the full 64 tiles on the board on the flag too. Magnificent.

Ok, hoping to spark a discussion with you and others, i'll try to take as much care replying as you did reviewing : you as one of the old guard always try to support others and spend more time in-depth reviewing than anyone else here (i guess).
I thought you were into chess because you mentioned it in a post, so therefore the idea of Chessvalier i thought would be a nice move (hehe)

First i like how you carefully deconstruct every single piece of my designs, you are one of the few (with Le Bello) who does that and it's really nice for someone who can spend a couple of hours on a single CAS. I mean it is obvious that i start with a concept in mind, but i also want to try something new each time...the fact that you have access to all OCast equipment and new sticker zones makes it a lot easier for your CAS to pack a punch, but also to be lazy and all with your designs. What i dislike is how stickers work, because most of them end up being blurred or invisible, making it impossible for me to add details i had in mind, nothing game breaking but still, did nobody test this at PS ?
Also, while i understand this would take time and effort, the CAS the game is throwing at you are borderline insulting in terms of quality and variety (at least in SC mode, i haven't played LoS that much yet).
Also battle comments are excellent, but i didn't quite figure out how they work and end up with not what i wished for ingame, i'd be interested to get some help from a scientific mind here, if you can test the feature :(

The fact that you only have a portion of the Eq that was available for 5 is, counterintuitively, a blessing for me...
WHY did PS not implement a search engine for other peeps' CAS to download is silly, and i hope will be patched. I guess noone manage to find my CROM online yet in the huge mass of random CAS on offer.

Second i am like a little kid when i manage to actually fool you or misdirect you with use of new techniques and whatnot, and you are left guessing hehe...let's take the nipples, it's just a round patch sticker (brown one), as in 5, it is one of the few that give the illusion and aren't too much of a blurry mess to begin with. Also worth mentioning is that i used another sticker to do the base of the bra in order to hide folds in the dress that ruined the illusion of bare skin.

The rest i need to quote and comment for things you might have missed...

Naja: Cool idea using the heart to make the snake head and the demon tails for the forked tongue. The scale pattern blends everything in very nicely.

Also noticed the fangs with the camo pattern to mimic poison on them, you can spot it in a few of the pics, also drops made specks of dried poison on the fauld...ok, very gimmicky but at least fangs and poison are visible in game. And the cobra on the fauld of course was quite an obvious choice. He bites with Grohs sword, split in two like his two fangs, with color scheme to match and slight green blade hue to mimic poison blade...

Jolie: Holy shit, I actually have no idea how you made the nipples. Could you tell me what stickers you’re using there? Yin yang maybe? I love the custom ribbon in the hair. Who knew that the cat ears would actually look better than the actual ribbon ExEq we used to have. I’m gonna steal the shit out of that technique. And phenomenal shoes. Lots of techniques I’ll be storing in my technique catalogue. Love those custom eyebrows via lotus sticker too. Excellent choice connecting the blouse and pants with the pattern to make a jumpsuit, very clowns. Thematically, I’m pretty confused. It’s very rare that people ever sex-up a clown. Let alone an angry, psycho clown (as you indicate with the eyebrows). Certainly gives a lot to think about. You really pulled out all the stops on this one. Even managed to stump me. Outstanding.

The ribbon, yup, happy with that one, and did you notice i put the cyclone cap inside the afro and get the earrings dangling from the sides just right. Also didn't go for the obvious clown makeup but used a ribbon sticker to do makeup around the eyes.
About sexy clowns, the idea for Jolly (i'll be doing Gloomy maker) is to let the joyful side of Tira burst to life...sex=joy (mostly), and well i didn't write a background story because she is from the main cast, but let's say it's just her jolly half, period.

El Carnicero: I love that macabre backstory. Violence makes everything better! I’m still hoping the poor chap will still true love one day <3. Very cool hat. Love the patch work going on there. I also favor the jacketed version. I don’t know if you had intended it to be so, but jacket blue/red/gold scheme is almost identical to the one worn by Antonio López de Santa Anna (Mexican general who fought in the Alamo). Excellent detail work with the cigar and gun too.

Well, i intended it to look like a mexican jacket, and i had references from old FW movies in mind, or games, but no you just taught me something here my man. What you didn't mention is the subtle mexican tatoo on the face that adds to the bad guy flair, the gun is supposed to be a short barrel shottie because if am tired of handguns :)

Chessvalier: Well-made and bat-shit crazy. I love that pawn hat and of course the pawn tattoo made from the number 1 and club stickers. Obviously he’s mumbling something about the E4 E6 French defense, but I don’t know enough about chess to figure out the rest haha. Somehow you managed to get the full 64 tiles on the board on the flag too. Magnificent.

Not much to add, except maybe i worked the face a bit with slightly screwed lip sticker to add a touch of white and angel wing sticker to add hair to the mane (is that how it is called for a horse ?)
Yes, you noticed the 64 squares, thank you ! Finding the right pattern to make it look like chess pieces was interesting too, but of course you cannot add stickers to the flag so there are pieces all over the board...
Chevalier is not the french word for Knight in chess btw, it is called Le Cavalier :) Un peu de culture mes amis !

I have made one more CAS and some variations of the vampire bunch...

That's all for now, keep the reviews / questions coming, they mean a lot...

Last edited:
There is greater Evil than Vampyres. Once a respected King turned Lich by Azwel, INFERNAPOCALYPTO has studied the art of necromancy and returned to wreak Havoc amongst mortals and undead alike. His royal armor has turned pale and began to rust, clothing and cape are now in rags...only the precious stones on his fauld and his almost intact crown reminds him of his former glory and prestige...His chilling gaze strike fear in his opponents' hearts, his touch is like frostbite and his sword brings swift and painful death to those who dare confront him inside his cursed castle.

@brucege, i replied to your reviews (see above post)...

1540800039326.png

Alternate Belmonts : weapon style, haircut and subtle color edits...

That's why i picked blue color preset :)

Taki style works well with vanishes and jumps, and one weapon set looks the part :)

?

? looks like a snake face :)

I am still the mosts beautiful grrrrr... !!!!

You can't touch me, Belmont ! Muhahaha...

Rags...

Rust...

Broken armlet (clipping CAN be an asset sometimes)

Battered armor effect and runes...

The crown jewel of this CAS...

...and riches. A work on size, colors and angles for the perfect match...

spot the difference ? next two pics

Hoodless is cool too...

1540799972731.png

Somes images are some kind of blooper reel from experimenting with different stuff, see if you can spot them :)
Now back to RDR2

Last edited:
Lol. Do you know the most famous american undead's abode...
Vampire state building...you didn't say anything about the CAS though, do they suck ? Well...when thirsty, yes, but just garlic'l bit...they only do when they're sick and coffin...coff,coff

Back