A tale of souls and swords, eternally retold (SC6 edition)

Definitely not exclusive rights. As I do enjoy comparing notes with other reviewers. But keep the quizzes coming! And more techniques for me to steal 6 years later lol.

Definitely not exclusive rights. As I do enjoy comparing notes with other reviewers. But keep the quizzes coming! And more techniques for me to steal 6 years later lol.

Ardent makes really precise reviews yeah, and i like to review reviews and i'll carry on with the quizzes then friend...

PICTURE POTPOURRI : unveiling cool armor breaks and expressions, tweaks (based on feedback) and other secrets...
if you are interested i have a set of pics for the T800 forumula ?
Also would like to know if you liked the TUPAKAN vid and if you are interested in seeing more...

let's start softly and show details don't sock !

click and zoom if you still don't see :)
1543485462385.png

I must know how you gave Kratos that shoulder armor and Raph the moustache.

Shoulder armor, turtle ExEq with scale pattern, the most difficult part is to position it properly since in-game it will appear closer to the body and clip if you don't keep a gap between the chest and the shell.

Zorraph moustache is a king size curved scar sticker rotated downwards and colored black : the trick is to find the sweet spot in terms of size for it to match the curvature+width of the lips (one of the quizz questions mind you, but that's ok :)
There is a number of ways to do stache (lip sticker as on my Espion du Roi Taki or on Gatsu's one-horned mitsu, horns or other ExEq but scar sticker is probably the best way to mimic the thin stache of zorro since it has subtle bump-map properties, plus it looks so natural with the edges of the scar looking like stray hair...

Usual head-to-toe format :)

Terminator:
Overview: Gotta appreciate and love the little story/poem you made, the "you are terminated fucker" line is real badass! Also, cool and effective use of the shapeshifter race, well done ;)
Head: 'Tis a good thing we have ExEq, their flexibility in creating your own hair is amazing! Regarding the face, you nailed every single aspect of Arnie's portrayal of the cyborg too, very fond of the sticker-work on the right side to make it look like it's partially destroyed. Now this might be me but, i notice an assymetry on his eyes, specifically on his left eye. Is it an ExEq? It's neat if so. :D
Upper body: Simple but good-looking, the work jacket genuinely feels as the leather ones bikers usually wear, more so by the newspaper-like pattern and the enlarged zipper sticker on front. Credit goes to @brucege for spotting the reference, helped me with my review, gotta admit! :) Oops, almost forgot, great use of the (dirt/camo pattern/sticker?) on his torso to portray battle damage.
Lower body: Admittedly, Azwel's pants fit T greatly as the red&blue fibers look like cables, suggesting more damage has been done. Maxi's boots were also a good choice, they further reinforce the biker theme.

Zorraphael:
Overview: It screams elegance, with a bit of vigilante added to the mix. Approved!
Head: Two flattened rings and a cylinder ExEq form this magnificence of a hat, very accurate and imaginative use of them. The highlight and winner though, is the custom 'stache. Honestly, i wouldn't have figured out you used a scar for it if you didn't say so in a post of yours, i'll be stealing/noting down this technique for future CaS if you don't mind mon ami! Last but not least, you have the signature mask, befitting of our classy fencer. :)
Upper+lower body: Besides Raphy's default gear (shoulder cape, gloves etc.), i applaud thee good sir for the custom sleeves and backshirt by using the pocket stickers, they add some extra, over-the-top flair to the design. The black flower pattern on his waist-cloth and the subtle Z on his pants are nice little details that mesh well with the elegant aesthetic of this 2P.

You delivered some great designs yet again my friend, i really enjoy yours and everyone else's creations! With that said, goodnight from Greece. Καληνύχτα :D

I must know how you gave Kratos that shoulder armor and Raph the moustache.
Shoulder armor, turtle ExEq with scale pattern, the most difficult part is to position it properly since in-game it will appear closer to the body and clip if you don't keep a gap between the chest and the shell.

Zorraph moustache is a king size curved scar sticker rotated downwards and colored black : the trick is to find the sweet spot in terms of size for it to match the curvature+width of the lips (one of the quizz questions mind you, but that's ok :)
There is a number of ways to do stache (lip sticker as on my Espion du Roi Taki or on Gatsu's one-horned mitsu, horns or other ExEq but scar sticker is probably the best way to mimic the thin stache of zorro since it has subtle bump-map properties, plus it looks so natural with the edges of the scar looking like stray hair...
Thank you, I was about to ask the same question! Great to know, and keep being fantastic, VILARCANE!

Terminator:
Overview: Gotta appreciate and love the little story/poem you made, the "you are terminated fucker" line is real badass! Also, cool and effective use of the shapeshifter race, well done ;)

Thanks, and the one-liner is a movie quote of course

Head: 'Tis a good thing we have ExEq, their flexibility in creating your own hair is amazing! Regarding the face, you nailed every single aspect of Arnie's portrayal of the cyborg too, very fond of the sticker-work on the right side to make it look like it's partially destroyed. Now this might be me but, i notice an assymetry on his eyes, specifically on his left eye. Is it an ExEq? It's neat if so. :D

On the shapeshifter, there is simply no way to do glowing eye pupils like these, as you can see on the Tupakan pic, there is an interesting property of the eye section that maps your sticker (in his case facepaint) to the pupil, making the tattoo look like an eye (what i called the killer det-eye-l :)
In order to make the pupil glow like in the movie, and keep the rest black, i "simply" used the volvo eye thingies,rotated them horizontally so that the back faces towards the viewer, and applied a high saturation / bright red. The slight disalignment is a bug, but it's barely noticeable and can be attributed to battle damage. Using ExEq gives the 3D protruding effect of the artificial lense from the side or angle, so it looks even more than a robot, as you can see on the pic. Without the glowing red lenses, it would be hasta la vista for my T800. Anyways, great eye :)

Upper body: Simple but good-looking, the work jacket genuinely feels as the leather ones bikers usually wear, more so by the newspaper-like pattern and the enlarged zipper sticker on front. Credit goes to @brucege for spotting the reference, helped me with my review, gotta admit! :) Oops, almost forgot, great use of the (dirt/camo pattern/sticker?) on his torso to portray battle damage.

It is the grey dirt pattern, works like a charm on metallic surfaces...

Lower body: Admittedly, Azwel's pants fit T greatly as the red&blue fibers look like cables, suggesting more damage has been done. Maxi's boots were also a good choice, they further reinforce the biker theme.

Glad you noticed / understood why i chose this particular piece of Eq
Don't forget to review thumbnails as well when worth mentioning of course :)
9/10 !

Zorraphael:
Overview: It screams elegance, with a bit of vigilante added to the mix. Approved!
Head: Two flattened rings and a cylinder ExEq form this magnificence of a hat, very accurate and imaginative use of them. The highlight and winner though, is the custom 'stache. Honestly, i wouldn't have figured out you used a scar for it if you didn't say so in a post of yours, i'll be stealing/noting down this technique for future CaS if you don't mind mon ami! Last but not least, you have the signature mask, befitting of our classy fencer. :)
Upper+lower body
: Besides Raphy's default gear (shoulder cape, gloves etc.), i applaud thee good sir for the custom sleeves and backshirt by using the pocket stickers, they add some extra, over-the-top flair to the design. The black flower pattern on his waist-cloth and the subtle Z on his pants are nice little details that mesh well with the elegant aesthetic of this 2P.

Nothing to fault here, 10/10

For a total score of 9,5/10 : Fantastic reviews from the greek Raphaël :) I had an immense pleasure reading how you nailed 99% of the details on these two, i think i can reasonably say you have reached brucege's level of review perfection :)
You might consider avoiding the black font tho, barely visible on my PC screen, but maybe it was intentional to be sneaky like Zorraph :)

I would still like to know from viewers if vids are interesting (to show my CAS in motion) because in that case i will do a compilation video but it takes a lot of time to "produce"...
There was no real comment on the armor breaks / T800 formula either, so i am unsure if trying to innovate in the contents, bringing in some formula screenshots/tips is really sought after, or if i should just keep the usual format (which is totally fine because less time-consuming :)

For a total score of 9,5/10 : Fantastic reviews from the greek Raphaël :) I had an immense pleasure reading how you nailed 99% of the details on these two, i think i can reasonably say you have reached brucege's level of review perfection :)
You might consider avoiding the black font tho, barely visible on my PC screen, but maybe it was intentional to be sneaky like Zorraph :)
You honor me with your kind words philos, thank you very much and, glad to hear you enjoyed my reviews! :)
As for Zorraph's black font, yes it was intentional just for him hahaha! I don't plan to use it again though, i assure you. You might have figured it out by now but, i like to polish up a bit my reviews by using colored fonts based on the dominant color of the CAS i review, just a little detail i like to use. :D

As for your creations, i personally think you should stick with your current formula since it's easier for you to share and, in turn, easier for us viewers and reviewers ;) to check out. Not that your vid with TUPAKAN wasn't great though. :)

Last edited:
My cannibal hasn't been reviewed yet, i k
You honor me with your kind words philos, thank you very much and, glad to hear you enjoyed my reviews! :)
As for Zorraph's black font, yes it was intentional just for him hahaha! I don't plan to use it again though, i assure you. You might have figured it out by now but, i like to polish up a bit my reviews by using colored fonts based on the dominant color of the CAS i review, just a little detail i like to use. :D

As for your creations, i personally think you should stick with your current formula since it's easier for you to share and, in turn, easier for us viewers and reviewers ;) to check out. Not that your vid with TUPAKAN wasn't great though. :)

Know ur workin on it but my cannibal might be a tougher nut to crack in terms of review :) For the rest it's sincere and ur welcome.

Kaan Eebahl:
Overview: Terrifying yet awesome, the thumbnail especially gives me the creeps. That murderous look on her eyes...yikes! Good call on going with the elf race, the pointy ears are fitting for an abnormal cannibal like her. :)
Head: Where to begin? From the beautifully patterned and made to look like natural hair, heart ExEq? From those two wild-looking human bone earrings? From that neat, tribal tattoo-work which compliments those yellow beastly eyes? I don't know! :P ;) (Regarding her nose bone, i think it's the cylinder?)
Upper+lower body: Ivy's destroyed undies along with the bloody tribal gear and Talim's choker were great choices as they emphasize Kaanee's roughness even further, more so by the dark azure color scheme. Really dig how you patterned the pauldron too, the light green camo applied on the skull gives it a rotten look, i love it! Have to mention your attention to detail once again mon ami, those scars on her right arm look perfect :)
Lastly, weapon (this category will appear from time to time, depending on the weapon used for the CaS and how much is it customized): How could i not comment on this giant, badass sword? The white/red dirt pattern you used for its wooden part (which looks more like bones now, due to the dominant white parts of said pattern) does an amazing job at simulating splattered blood!
Wild CAS, 'tis one of my favorites now. Neat work as always!! :D

Kaan Eebahl:
Overview: Terrifying yet awesome, the thumbnail especially gives me the creeps. That murderous look on her eyes...yikes! Good call on going with the elf race, the pointy ears are fitting for an abnormal cannibal like her. :)

Perfect intro, exactly my art direction on this one, and i appreciate you mentioning the thumbnail of course :)

Head: Where to begin? From the beautifully patterned and made to look like natural hair, heart ExEq?
Yes !
From those two wild-looking human bone earrings? From that neat, tribal tattoo-work which compliments those yellow beastly eyes?
Yes, sculpted (pointy) then painted human ribcage bones made earrings, eyes are yellowrange, natural color for some black cannibal tribes.

I don't know! :P ;) (Regarding her nose bone, i think it's the cylinder?)
This one is extremely technical to pull of, it is pair the blue demonic horns, the trick is to make them look straight and hide the arrow shaped tails.
You can easily find cannibal picture from Papua New Guinea using the exact same nose bone :)

Of course you cannot know because you don't have the game, but a cylinder cannot be made that small...

Upper+lower body: Ivy's destroyed undies along with the bloody tribal gear and Talim's choker were great choices as they emphasize Kaanee's roughness even further, more so by the dark azure color scheme. Really dig how you patterned the pauldron too, the light green camo applied on the skull gives it a rotten look, i love it! Have to mention your attention to detail once again mon ami, those scars on her right arm look perfect :)

Nothing to fault here, except maybe you forgot to mention the musculature, i went max muscle definition, big size muscles, considering the size of the weapon, a bit of strength is obviously needed. And i don't know if you noticed the stain pattern on the forehead and cheeks to add some grime since she mostly lives outdoor and don't bathe as often i presume :) Also subtle rainbow pattern on talim's choker...i used a scar sticker to make the mouth seem larger/the CASnnibal sadder...another scarification, joker style :)

Lastly, weapon (this category will appear from time to time, depending on the weapon used for the CaS and how much is it customized): How could i not comment on this giant, badass sword? The white/red dirt pattern you used for its wooden part (which looks more like bones now, due to the dominant white parts of said pattern) does an amazing job at simulating splattered blood!
Perfect section

Wild CAS, 'tis one of my favorites now. Neat work as always!!
Thanks for the review, final score for this one 8.5/10 ! Admittedly a tough one :)

Last edited:
Digging that insect yoshi! Do you have more pictures?

Nope, i thought Moshquitoshi was not overly original, basically a technical challenge to do a tiger mosquito inspired CAS...was deleted, sorry man...that is why i only posted headshots, there are a few interesting tricks to learn from studying it though, like blending Yoshi head and heart and demonic horns to make an insect head + stripe pattern an the rubber unitard and demonic horns to do the tiger mosquito look, and maybe the gradient eyes, but that is all, really, and only technically new, many insects have been done already, even if i was the one to launch the insect fashion in SC5 days with my wasp and mantis...

But thanks for the interest, i usually insert a few pics of bonus CAS in my posts (as i did with my Crow Tira), but usually they go unnoticed, being what they are, not fully fleshed out concepts or training exercises :)

Two more 2Ps

TerroriZt :

1543835502091.png

Fishlik :

1543835583966.png

The contraption at his belt is supposed to be an underwater sonic mine/grenable, hence the similarity with WW2 mines :)

Enjoy !

Quizz time :
Terrorizt : How did i do the beard and hat on Z ?
Fishlik : How did i do the gradient blue/white effect on parts of the scale armor ?
How did i do the algoe effect on the armor ?
How many stickers / which ones were used to do the full face fish paint ?

Last edited:
Back