A tale of souls and swords, eternally retold (SC6 edition)

A Tusken Raider with high level kung fu skills? They walk like men, but they're nothing but vicious animal things

I am slowly working towards completing my collection and 2Ps...massive update inbound, including a few OCs :)

GORGONIGHTMARE 2P :

TWI'LEK DANCERS :

PORKY VOLDO 2P (NSFW warning, hence pics are in spoiler, more a proof of concept than one i will keep, now that i got the hang of it, i might work on a sexy male counterpart of 50 shades Taki, one she couldn't resist IRL :) :

What i can't resist is sticking this up his *censored by 8wayrun admin*

A couple more and quizz coming soon...

GROHPERATOR :

Quizz :
-How did i do the chocolate lipstick on Xianghia (hint : using only 2 stickers)
-As written on one of the pics, what does the clover logo stand for on Chocolat (hint : related to french cuisine) ?
-There are unanswered quizz question on previous page too :)

That Voldo. I wouldn’t want to be CE’d with that. But why must the strategist bodysuit suit him well?

For the chocolate Xianghua, why couldn’t you use a face paint instead of a sticker so that the face doesn’t look as artificial? You already used two stickers for lipstick... I’m guessing those are two of the lip stickers to make it look darker...

For custom facial hair with stickers I’d actually use the lipstick like you did with Taki and cover it with a skintone crescent moon sticker. I see some of the moustache leaked on his neck. Great concept though even though that hairstyle with a moustache makes one look too much like Cervantes.

Thanks Spellcraft for the comments and critique : well, the lipstick is two round stickers side by side because lip stickers won't pop, is too grainy, so it doesn't look like chocolate sauce lipstick. Artifical looking face, i beg to differ...Chocolate coated skin for the face maybe :) facepaint, yeah, why not ? I went for a blend of Che Guevara look for Groh + SAS (shemag) + green beret (hat construct), but hell you are right his eye patch/visor haircut and stache could definitely hint at a modern age young Cervy...anyways, i could have done a desert camo variation (because of shemag), but i thought olive green based palette looked just the part :)

I like the way you question my designs / art direction, thank you !

Bonus CAS for you...

Last edited:
This time i had like 25+ alerts in my inbox, all were likes on things i posted here (and there / other threads)...
zero comment, are we on facebook or smthg ? :)
That's why i started my digital yellow jacket like embargo as a protest :)...you'll get no likes from me, only comments, feel free to do the same here, by all means.

And PS should maybe shift their a..e and give us at least part of the promised DLC they are just withholding for no good reason, 2B included.

Rant mode off, and i still love this board and its members, don't fret :)

PREVIOUSLY ON A TALES OF SOULS AND SWORDS :

Will be posting a compil video soonish, because i wanted some music with my CAS :)

A bientôt...

I just finished editing my compilation video...added a few 3d effects, hope you enjoy this V2 :

The second music track has lower volume so increase, last nostalgic tune is louder as intended :)
Not near 4k quality i enjoy on xb1x/oled but make sure you watch in 720p hd as recorded...

Lol, Velvet isn't even my CAS, it is one decent looking one i found in the customize section tbh, just needed a sparring partner with elf ears for SANTAMOUR...
You just crushed the heart of my elves (jokin of course mon ami, you couldn't know :)

I just finished editing my compilation video...added a few 3d effects, hope you enjoy this V2 :

The second music track has lower volume so increase, last nostalgic tune is louder as intended :)
Not near 4k quality i enjoy on xb1x/oled but make sure you watch in 720p hd as recorded...
The vid was great and all but...mon ami, as soon as Edge of Soul dropped, I literally had goosebumps all over and felt sweet nostalgia filling me up, it was awesome! I admire the love you have for the franchise dear friend, and you made sure to show us all how you care for it through your video, even integrating some top notch details and 3d effects here and there, my favorites were Zorraph's rose petals, L'Espionne's smoke bomb, Lich King Inferno's freezing and Yakuzarugi's flash, loved how most, if not all of them weren't just there but instead, fitted each character greatly.
Outstanding work philos, you made this young fella very happy with it (almost shed a tear 'cause I was so moved)!! :D

Raph, man, it's soooo good to have you back, i felt so lonely in my thread in recent days/weeks...your comments on my vid made me so happy, sometimes, you spent a couple of hours on a project like this one only to be confronted with silence...guess vids aren't that popular (well, technically, tis only a glorified musical slideshow).

Glad it was an emotional moment for you (edge of soul song !) as it was for me when i watched it with my family, and yeah! you liked the 3D effects, because you know, it was a pain in the a... to work with (using the simple yet powerful photo app of W10). The ones you picked as favourites are also mine, but my own favourite is actually the spark on schwarzy's face, i don't know why, just kinda cool.
I contemplate doing another vid down the line with actual in-game video clips showing how bad-ass CAS can be in motion (not full rounds, which is boring, rather some kind of trailer of best moments like CE, RE, stances and whatnot. I mean, if there is any interest for it, let me know since it would be even more time-consuming.

i know the board activity is at all all-time low with peeps waiting eagerly for the DLC to land, but me (and of few others mind you :) wanted to show there are still plenty of possibilities even without DLC...i also totally understand people are frustrated and need more options, me, as in wrote in PM to Becky, i find it challenging and look at what we produced all together in terms of sheer creativity which would put any PS chara designer to shame (considering the insulting in-game CAS which you didn't get to see just yet :)

Now if you wanna make me even happier, grant me the gift of a couple of reviews on the CAS you preferred in my last batch (the ones posted after your own last batch of excellent reviews). That might keep me going, because, you know, there is this little guy called Spyro drawing my attention...amazing remaster of (probably) an amazing game, i just 100% the first game, this is the finest platforming jewel i have ever seen since Kameo (which i also 100%, one of the toughest game to 100% on xbox, believe me).

Also, give the quizzes a shot, but it is much harder for you not having the game for sure...brucege, where are yooooouuu mate, i need your sharp eyes and you begged for more quizzes, remember ? :)

Bonus pic : when i toyed with SANTAMOUR, i experimented giving her xmas balls as ornament :) but i prefer the simplicity of the red and white scheme...

Last edited:
'Tis good to be back Vil, 'tis very good. And, I finally got you to like a comment despite your "policy/rant" saying otherwise hahaha!!(Joking/teasing, of course)😊

Now, I love the idea you have for your next vid IF you make it, there're many out there that appreciate highlights and best-of CE, RO etc. moments. Myself though, I'd appreciate you take your time and relax, don't push yourself too hard, enjoy your holidays with the family :)

Yeah, the reasons we all mentioned at the board may have affected me from getting 6 just yet. Then again, I see all that wonderful CAS many of you have managed, and without DLC too. As you said, sheer creativity! :)

Hahaha, I won't make empty promises my friend but, let's hope I'll be able to respond with some reviews for your latest batch soon. :)

I'm gonna punch you through my screen though (no offense, joke-figure of speech), why remove the christmas balls from SANTAMOUR!? And the excuse I hear is that you wanted to keep the design simple. You, who makes CAS full of detail and extravagance...no, you have GOT to be kidding me man hahaha!!! :D

Ok, just for you, i'll make an alt with Tira style and xmas balls, because i got balls and can take a punch, even digitally :)
for the rest *giggles in anticipation* #VilarCAS review backlog...
ps : i LIKE it when you tease me, but i won't waste time liking, i prefer commenting when i see something worthy of my broken frenchglish haha :)

Last edited:
Hahaha, I knew you were gonna make these jokes! Also, thank you kind sir, mighty generous of you for the Tira alt :)
Ok, just for you, i'll make an alt with Tira style and xmas balls, because i got balls and can take a punch, even digitally :)
As for the teasing and broken languages, whatever suits you and makes your day and mood better buddy, I don't mind :D

Back