A tale of souls and swords, eternally retold (SC6 edition)

Been a few since I chimed in here, but I gotta say that Horus is top-notch. The green jewels on the under-layer, and the sticker work on that chestpiece are especially fantastic.
Also, I'm damn curious what you did for the mandibles on Mr. Hornet there. Looks like actual bug mouthparts, and I've been staring at it for the last five minutes trying to figure out that particular bit of CAS trickery.

Heh, got those mandibles figured out in question Vilarcane asked :).

Heh, got those mandibles figured out in question Vilarcane asked :).
. . . I gotta be honest, you and Vil banter so much in the threads recently that I just kinda skip over those posts. I totally missed the red ant on the previous page, and the "quiz." Moon sticker... makes sense, I see it now. Damn clever, as always.

Well, heh, considering how intense that has been for these couple of days, completely understandable XD. We have tried to reduce it By having a Private chat room, but well....so much stuff to speak of that it eventually pours over to other threads XD. Yup, Vilarcane has the edge for these kind of clever solutions :).

. . . I gotta be honest, you and Vil banter so much in the threads recently that I just kinda skip over those posts. I totally missed the red ant on the previous page, and the "quiz." Moon sticker... makes sense, I see it now. Damn clever, as always.
I am actually happy to have someone to banter with tbh, we french like to write n talk / protest much , hence the hornet and its yellow jacket :) but thx for the comment, Kieve : also, have you watched the videos i made,could save you some time and give you some chills...well, mandibles, moon sticker ok, but compared to red ant i added a 2b sticker below, the black one with the swords pointing down, to make them look more...buggy ? XD...happy now ?
As for the green jewels, used the scale pattern maxed out for rough stone effect...
Feel free to chime in, anytime ...

Now that is most awesome line up of all your Eqyptian characters my friend ;)! Unfortunately I don´t dare to watch the video due to the potential spoilers XD, but I´m most certain it´s awesome with your editing skill :).

Thx l'ami! It's okay, i'd rather have you play the game first of course, i never watch game trailers not to spoil anything before i play, so i can relate :)

It's amy-racle, i managed to get ideas for this totally anticharismatic wafu of a character.

First off, another modern-era CAS :

Then a very personal piece, l'AMIE, petite french brunette and one CAS i hold dear and who is still (sadly) very relevant even in 2019.

As you probably know, France is in a bit of a chaotic situation right now, which reminds me of the french revolution against nobility at the end of the 18th century.

I made sure all the french pointers are there, and a lot of different techniques are at play on this one.
I won't do any quiz, but if anyone reviews her/them, i'll sure be checking and rejoicing me if all the little details have been spotted XD

Some text is in french on purpose for added flair (and to teach you a couple of words / phrases).
I am in love with her, as HK would say...
amy right, is she amyrable ? :)

Voilà, j'ai tout donné à ce forum, je suis fatigué, alors je tire ma révérence (pour le moment :)...

Last edited:
Wow, how patriotic.

Good touch using a dirt sticker for scruff. She looks really creepy bald regardless.
Merci mon ami spell !
You spotted the scruff trick, bravo ! Creepy is what i was going for, other options were to rotate to make a mohawk, or use corncrows...but scruff had never been done be4 :)

Thx l'ami! It's okay, i'd rather have you play the game first of course, i never watch game trailers not to spoil anything before i play, so i can relate :)

You are welcome ;)! Well, heh, not sure wether I can find time for it, as SC6 is kinda now my favorite game to play currently with the time I have XD. I appreciate your understanding considering spoiling :).

Ah, most fabulous and awesome work with your latest creations mon ami :D! Most original idea to turn otherwise sweet and cute Amy into a scary, tough and modern looking punk with all the right equipments and most clever usage of ExEq ( with nose ring, hair (nice hair creating with dirt sticker btw) and earrings ). Wide use of rainbow colouring on her coat and pants not only bring brightness to her otherwise kind of a dark theme, but also reminds of time when such colouring was a hit back in history. Her underwear is also most cleverly executed, with right painted newspaper pattern and cute bear sticker truly giving her a modern look.

As for your Amy french freedom fighter..(listen this while reading my review of her:
XD) ..Vive la révolution XD! I can most definetily see why you have fallen in love with her :D. She sure is most amyrable indeed ;). Utilizing most of Amys equipment makes very well sense and the use of flag on her back is a nice addition, which I mostly stay away from due to its annoying attendency to just look like floating without being attached to anything. You have however hidden this rather well in your screenshots, so its not that big of a problem ;). Her french hat is one of the highlights of the CAS ( created using streched black coloured ball ExEq and horn I presume? ) together with her hilarious factor giving french bread XD ( streched ball with a pattern on it? ). The colour theme cannot be anything else than yours with red, white and blue working in perfect harmony like liberty, equality and fraternity ( you also managed to make the flowers on her chest to look like the one worn By the french revolutionists back in French Revolution ) ;). Her face colouring is also most fitting. The dirt sticker on her dress brings more depth to her otherwise clean dress and the french bread pattern on her back ( created using facial moon stickers and a shield looking sticker ) just adds more hilarious factor to her.

Most amyrable work on both of these Amy based CAS mon ami :D! Vive la liberté! Vive la révolution :)!

That croissant has got to be the single best use of stickers in CaS since the release of SCV.

Impressive.

Why thanks ! You deserve a bonus pun : allons enfants de la pastryyyyyyy (patrie = nation in french, english word patriot being derived from it)

Your review is so brilliant I will do an extensive review of your review later on ystava, and listen to the music i do it, right now i am at work and about to enter a meeting...

So, about reviewing your reviews :

Punk Amy :
Almost all the details and reasons why are in your review (9/10), I would only nitpick and add a few things you (might) have overlooked, like the fact the bear sticker is actually a "full" bear using 2 bear stickers, one normal over one upside down and shrunk, giving the impression of a cute miniature body.
Also, i applied an enlarged buttefly sticker on the leggings to add some more pop and depth to the rainbow pattern in a disco meets grunge kinda way, if you get me :)
It's unclear if you think the nose ring is an Exeq in your text, but of course it's a 2D moon sticker, nothing else.
I think the standard black skull pattern on the back blends well with the denim texture as well, not needing any rework :)

Amie de la Révolution :
I hope you google translated all the french parts, i am sure you did because you inserted a bit of french in your review, you get a bonus point for the effort:)
I listened to the café music, great one, sounds like the ones they used in Pixar's Ratatouille, thx for that !
Talking about the flag, i tried to emulate a breakfast table cloth with the croissant on top, i could have added a stain of coffee because french dip their croissants into a coffee cup :) honestly, in-game, it just looks good from afar where the sticker combo really looks like a giant menacing croissant.
I am glad you captured all the other details, maybe you overlooked the fact that i used two stickers to make the left leg white, it's trickier to do right and make it look natural, but since you didn't mention it, i guess it just looked the part :)
Glad you saw the dirt on the dress, there is also some dirt on her face because she is fighting in the streets, filled with cannon & rifle smoke and dirt...
Also i used gradient pattern on the center part of the dress to make it look a tad worn if you look closely...

But you deserve another bonus point because i was genuinely impressed you understood why i used the gradient on the flower, namely to emulate the looks of a french cocarde (the word you were going for, feel free to google search). Closest i could get to the original.

So for this you get a well-deserved 11/10 score for this review, well done Ystava !...

Most amyrable work on both of these Amy based CAS mon ami :D! Vive la liberté! Vive la révolution :)!
Merci bcp mon ami !

Oh beaucoup merci for your compliments on my reviews mon ami :D! Well, didn´t spot all the things you mentioned considering Punk Amy. Did memember noticing the nose ring, but just forgot to write about it. Silly me XD.

Yeah, I did google the french parts, most patriotic stuff indeed ;). As I studied couple of french language courses in University I thought it would be appropriate to put them to use and also refresh my memory on such elegant and sophisticated language ;). The very minute I saw your creations I just know I had to review them while listening to the music, so I decided to share the possibility with you as well as you read my review =). The flag on her back sure looks nice even from afar and just fits her theme so well. Didn´t spot the two stickers on the feet to be honest. Well, considering the ammount of other details you used on her, I can live with that. And your reasoning considering the dirt on her face is very solid and with the center of her tress as well.

Heh, thanks for the extra bonus considering the colouring of the flower. As an enthusiastic history studier and French Revolution being one of the main historical periods that interested me all the way back in high school, I just couldn´t help myself noticing the flower colouring and what you were after with it ;).

Most gratefull for receiving 10/11 score, most likely my best score so far with your quizes and estimations. Merci bcp mon ami :D !

Oh beaucoup merci for your compliments on my reviews mon ami :D! Well, didn´t spot all the things you mentioned considering Punk Amy. Did memember noticing the nose ring, but just forgot to write about it. Silly me XD.

Yeah, I did google the french parts, most patriotic stuff indeed ;). As I studied couple of french language courses in University I thought it would be appropriate to put them to use and also refresh my memory on such elegant and sophisticated language ;). The very minute I saw your creations I just know I had to review them while listening to the music, so I decided to share the possibility with you as well as you read my review =). The flag on her back sure looks nice even from afar and just fits her theme so well. Didn´t spot the two stickers on the feet to be honest. Well, considering the ammount of other details you used on her, I can live with that. And your reasoning considering the dirt on her face is very solid and with the center of her tress as well.

Heh, thanks for the extra bonus considering the colouring of the flower. As an enthusiastic history studier and French Revolution being one of the main historical periods that interested me all the way back in high school, I just couldn´t help myself noticing the flower colouring and what you were after with it ;).

Most gratefull for receiving 10/11 score, most likely my best score so far with your quizes and estimations. Merci bcp mon ami :D !

Your french is surprisingly good, no wonders you studied it, so therefore i have a few surprises for you and your investment in the community and in my thread :

Punk Amy remastered, because i found the earrings a bit too "in your face", custom demonic earrings and a reworked and repatterned crescent moon for a more satisfying mohawk look...what do you think (you noticed the different colored glasses, right) ?

Dancing Amie de la Révolution :

Last but not least, croissants and flute (big baguette) this morning at the office ("miam" as we say in France) :

Back