About Talim's Soul Crush Game

Depends on the character you are challenging as it relates to how much continuous offensive pressure on the opponent. So a slower character like Astaroth would be susceptible to soul crushing while anyone fast enough to interrupt Talim's strings would be harder.

Overall though it's not a part of my game plan, more of a convenience if it by chance happens.

I never noticed any soul crush game with her. The only time I ever manage to get remotely close is when whoever I'm fighting never lets go on the guard button, not even to attack me. And that rarely happens.

I've seen Kura matches where he pushes for soul gauge damage with 6A+B. It's unsafeish, and probably very stepable, but it can be canceled with G.

Her soul crush game is actually pretty good...not the best, but definitely doable. :4::B::(B): crushes it in 6. 6B crushes in 13, which can be used to "poke" the soul gauge over time. All of her WR B moves take 10 or 11 to crush it which is pretty good if you can avoid your opponent landing a hit on you, which can be done by jumping out of the way with any of her stances sometimes.

Iv played with her purposely trying to attack the opponents soul gauge and it works pretty well depending on the character your up against. You just gotta force your opponent to block 6A+B a lot, and spam 6B a lot (this is especially helpful). WS B~:B helps too.

Basically, breaking the soul gauge wont happen unless your pushing for it (or unless your opponent turtles like mad), but if you do try, it can be done. Forget about mixups with her stances and play statically. Dont try to confuse your opponent (unless your confusing them into blocking).

Offline vs. Talim I go flashing red normally around the end of round 3, not always but it happens quite often.
HOWEVER I have NEVER EVER been soul crushed by Talim if that helps...

if it is done but only with opponents who abuse the g button, I prefer life than lowering their soul gauge

It is definitely doable, but it's a pretty conscious effort.
Similar to what Synraii said, you can usually keep it at around 'orange' throughout the match without consciously pushing it though.

Back