Advice: Rock, CaS and a New Wake Up Game.

Zayith

[08] Mercenary
Hello there. I've been browsing the 8wayrun forums since the beginning age of SCIV and decided to post for my first time here on the forums. Hi~

I've picked up SCV pre-ordering it hoping to main Damp which turned out to be a big disappointment (damn you Wal-Mart!) so I now seem to be in a big predicament. You see, I seem to notice that just about everybody talks about how Yung (which he was my 3rd main in SCIV), Seong-Mi, Talim and the black dude have been taken out of the CaS but nobody ever talks about my hero being taken out as well; Rock.

I am proud to say that I main'd Rock back on SCIV and I don't care what all you haters say. He really did know how to "handle" people and by handle, I don't mean spam 1A+G on your opponents legs after the match ended. Anyhow, lets just jump to the point. Rock is gone, I need a new character but none of the CaS seems interesting to me. I've second'd Yoshi and master the ways of IPF, iMCF and Earslicer quite good and I knew some nice stance dancing as well but after the changes to Yoshi to SCV hes simply not fun to me anymore. So now here comes the question...

What would this good community recommend to a good old Rock player like me? I love wake up games and grabs but I certainly hate Asty. Which CaS would the community say has a fun wake up game to play around with?

TL;DR, Rock is gone. Who has a good wake up game?

Asty, he has ground throws and can set up similar throw vortex's kinda like Rock.

I know you said you hate him, but he's the closest you have.

Asty, he has ground throws and can set up similar throw vortex's kinda like Rock.

I know you said you hate him, but he's the closest you have.

As much as I like throws I've already face the fact that throw vortex's that's not Asty is off the charts now. I'm more looking foward for normal wake up games. I really have this thing against Asty ya know.

I'm not sure if I can confirm this but didn't somebody say that Yoshi actual had a good wake up game...? Oh and normally I'll just find the character myself but after browsing all the character forums in detailed, there's really no obvious answer to me. It's not a easy thing to look for.

I kinda feel like most characters have okay mixup on opponents wake ups, but personally I feel the characters which are best at it are Astaroth and Xiba. Yoshi has the teleport mixup still but I'm not sure how good it is in this game. I'm not at all sure if these characters are the best at oki but to me they seem to be.

Pretty much play you want to. I think finding the right character is one of the most important things in a game like this so don't rush into a decision, it's good to play around with characters for a while and then after you know how they play you can make a decision.

I kinda feel like most characters have okay mixup on opponents wake ups, but personally I feel the characters which are best at it are Astaroth and Xiba. Yoshi has the teleport mixup still but I'm not sure how good it is in this game. I'm not at all sure if these characters are the best at oki but to me they seem to be.

Pretty much play you want to. I think finding the right character is one of the most important things in a game like this so don't rush into a decision, it's good to play around with characters for a while and then after you know how they play you can make a decision.

The problem I'm having right now is I feel like most of the characters are rather dull now. The few characters I did enjoy to play in SCIV which were Rock and Young are gone and Yoshi just a different character now. His teleport is on a weaker side this game (seeming you can just jump backwards to avoid the MED K, B and A now if you have good reaction. Well so I think. I'll test it tonight but that's what I've been seeing lately) when you bring out his teleport. Yoshi is much more poke heavy this game and the charms I loved about him was his IFP x6 times and x3 times (where he ran backwards, Devil Jen's GI move, his launch kick and UB uppercut) and his old iMCF are gone now. Hes just different. The rest of the characters I just feel are rather boring. Wake up games is what was keeping the fun for me in the game (which of course is risk taking) and having some sort of decent options at it would be best. Finding a character with a viable tool set would of course be great but it's not about that. I'm just strictly curious about the CaS's wake up game at this set time.

On a side note, I'll take a note on Xiba. It's just I'm disappointed at the CaS this time around.

Yeah, I understand. Personally I think it's a really fun game but I'm a fan of spacing and playing really solid through the whole game.

And I forgot to mention Leixia who has some pretty nasty mixups.

Yeah, I understand. Personally I think it's a really fun game but I'm a fan of spacing and playing really solid through the whole game.

And I forgot to mention Leixia who has some pretty nasty mixups.

Oh of course. I love SC. Been playing it competitively more and more each game. Hopefully when I start my college classes here I can start entering into some actual tournaments outside my area; not just in my area. It's still a fun game, I do agree.

Hmmm...maybe I should just learn some Z.W.E.I. and pretend hes Rock.

Pick Algol and teleport your chair on top of people. I don't know how good it actually is, but it's funny.

I feel you. I moved on to Aeon. He's just as low on most people's tier lists as Rock, hits fairly hard and has some fun wakes, like 44K AT in rollers

Pick aoen, supposedly he is just as bad. But that doesnt matter, he can do the crocodile killer-roll on grounded people which is pretty much awesome.

I feel you. I moved on to Aeon. He's just as low on most people's tier lists as Rock, hits fairly hard and has some fun wakes, like 44K AT in rollers
Pick aoen, supposedly he is just as bad. But that doesnt matter, he can do the crocodile killer-roll on grounded people which is pretty much awesome.

You two make a convincing point! I must give him a try then. I've always liked his new brutal feel to the character now (even if hes bad).

Back