Aeon General Discussion / Q&A

Yeah I'll explain it in the combo discussion or something soon enough. These threads need to have a purpose or I'm gonna delete them.

Anyway WR B is frickin' Godlike! It seems to TC during the entire animation! Like you use it after anything that leaves you in crouch or after you get put in crouch by getting hit. A simple example of this is like havin your 2A blocked and then use WR B to beat grabs and such for massive meterless damage. Like if you blocked a NSS or Preparation entrance you can manually duck and beat the majority of their options without needing to time a TC move.

Also against Siegfried 3B on block at close range if you step and time 1B$ correctly it beats everything except SCH4/6 K
for massive damage or RO. And if he blocks you're still at advantage.

There's a cleanup to be made here. There's a lot of information left by fellow Lizard players but it's kinda scattered everwhere. Will update threads that needs to soon. I'm still waiting to get my Xbox back so I can test and confirm stuff that I'm not sure before claiming them facts.

Today my online wasn't working like usual so I figured I'd practice a bit. And I found the way to make
33/99B>BT B+K>8B+K>44BAA 100% consistent. It also applies to the WR B> BT B+K combo whiffing issues.

WHAT

YOU MUST TELL ME

I WILL GIVE YOU MONEY AND POWER

AJDSHIKBQRPLXNLPAEHJC

You basically need to be in a straight line with your opponent. The distance does not matter. It will only change the timing of the combo. Use 663B or 669B to make this work. It is especially effective after a guard break. That's when you get meterless 99 damage. The moves that guard crush that allow this to work are: 4K, 22/88K, 4A and 4B+K. If you land 33/99B by 8way running and/or evading a move, you're no longer aligned with your opponent and there is a high chance the combo won't work.

For WR B it's the same principle. If you land WR B right in front of your opponent, the combo will work and the timing of BT B+K will depend on the distance between you and your opponent when WR B hit. If you were close when it hit, you have to delay BT B+K more. It is "hit confirmable" so after WR B hit, you can see if it hit aligned or not and ultimately, if your combo will work.

For those that don't know I was talking about the "inconsistency" in the following combos:

33/99B>BT B+K>8B+K>44BAA
WR B>BT B+K>44BAA

Why it happens and how to make it work properly.

Ah ok. I knew that distance affected the timing of the combo but not that you had to be in a straight line; that makes sense. It's still super annoying gauging the timing for the BT B+K after WR B though, but at least I know when to not bother going for it now.

The way you phrased that made me think you found a way to have it hit 100% of the time without having to deal with the annoying timing though lol.

The way you phrased that made me think you found a way to have it hit 100% of the time without having to deal with the annoying timing though lol.

That is up to you. I told you how to make it consistant. This doesn't necessarily make it easy.

That is up to you. I told you how to make it consistant. This doesn't necessarily make it easy.

Ok, thanks for the info. Is distance the only thing that affects the timing? Because it feels like some characters have tighter timing than others.

Character hitboxes. Just look at what's going on after you launch them and act accordingly.

I just found out about executing 8WR moves using directions XXY very recently, and figured out how that applies to Aeon's 33_99B combos before looking at this topic. Thus, I'm not even mad that Reptile already put something up before I could. =] (great games on the stream, by the way)

Decided to give aeon a chance and use him as one of my secondaries now ( just miss the sc4 lizardman) um any use for 4A? And man...B+K hitting on an airborne opponent is like the baddest looking shit ever lol

Decided to give aeon a chance and use him as one of my secondaries now ( just miss the sc4 lizardman) um any use for 4A? And man...B+K hitting on an airborne opponent is like the baddest looking shit ever lol
4A is best used when near the ring's edge or wall. It cuts step and gives you a free RO. If you do land it on an aggressive opponent...you get a free 66A+B, which rolls them really far away from you.
I. Safe
II. Stuns
III. Cuts step
IV. High
V. Extremely Short range

4A is best used when near the ring's edge or wall. It cuts step and gives you a free RO. If you do land it on an aggressive opponent...you get a free 66A+B, which rolls them really far away from you.
I. Safe
II. Stuns
III. Cuts step
IV. High
V. Extremely Short range
Alright thanks man. Time to own some people with aeon now and my leixia and raph are still in training.......

The aeon owning was a success :D I tell u what tho....I be pissed off if i had to fight aeon on a stage that was small and had ring outs since his 1B BE has insane ring out distance lol

So I wrestled around as the lizard in 360gaming on Sunday, and that proved to be great and fucking difficult at the same time. It turns out I really really struggle against Viola as Aeon; in fact, I was down 2-0 against a Viola player in my first match, and only managed to clinch it by the skin of my teeth by switching to Patroklos. While I have few qualms about character loyalty, I'm really left wondering why I struggle so much more against Viola as Aeon. I'll look into studying that matchup, but any input other people might have will be a big help to me.

So I wrestled around as the lizard in 360gaming on Sunday, and that proved to be great and fucking difficult at the same time. It turns out I really really struggle against Viola as Aeon; in fact, I was down 2-0 against a Viola player in my first match, and only managed to clinch it by the skin of my teeth by switching to Patroklos. While I have few qualms about character loyalty, I'm really left wondering why I struggle so much more against Viola as Aeon. I'll look into studying that matchup, but any input other people might have will be a big help to me.
Man i wish I could help u out but I struggle with her as well :/ I think just on sunday I was aeon and although I won by the skin of my teeth I was hella pissed off at the end.....I was hit with FC2k into B+K BE among other things...and lost beyond 150+ of my hp and eventually in the later rounds 180 of my hp it's all just so B.S. to me and frustrating. Im sure a few others on here will give u advice since im afraid my advice won't really help.

Pay attention to those orb call backs. 4B+K will make her hate life if there's any distance between you, since you're both jumping over lows and going under her orb. 6B BE can also be decent for interrupting her mixups up close, but it's risky. Viola's just a bitch all around though. I literally feel like I have to play perfect when I'm fighting a really good one.

Sadly I haven't won against her with Aeon yet and my Aeon has become ass through minimal usage.

I was beginning to mess around with 1B+K to see what it could escape and hopefully catch the bitch hitting buttons in the process but I didnt get around to testing it much.

Back