Aeon General Discussion / Q&A

Does anybody see any point for :6::B::B:? It has horrendously short range and he probably has better pokes. The first hit also does not stand crouching opponents, so the second attack will go over their head. And yet, I see some really good Aeons using it sometimes. What am I missing?

It's a fast meterless mid that not everyone knows the animation to. I pretty much use it either by accident when doing 6b:be or just to see how people react.

Useless but fun information alert:

Aeon can combo into his wimpy little gimped half-CE off of a shit ton. Apparently, whenever you would be able to do this, you can combo a second CE and a 2K afterward, off of any of these moves. Pushing 20 or 30 damage moves up to 70 or even around 90 damage. 22B and 8B are probably two of the most powerful I remember, ending off in about 92 damage, I believe. (this was awhile ago).

So yeah, you can turn just about any successful attack into at least 70 damage if you have 2 bars to throw away.

Never knew about 11K, CE. Gonna use the HELL out of that on the next stream. Sounds nice and retarded. I don't know if I love anything more then burning meter needlessly on dumb CE's. I wonder what other situations I can get it off of- already knew about 8B.

No sarcasm. Lizardballs gonna show up at the end of all my combos.

DF's lookin for a counter to Ivy it seems.

I struggle with it a ton. Plus nearly any attack she makes will knock you out of any aerial attack/stance. ; - ;

I've come to realize it's worth it to 44BAA after 1B$ sometime just because. You lose a couple points of damage and good oki from 44K, but you do get a lot of meter. Pat style.

The following non-KND moves force a standing state when they hit crouching opponents:
3A
B
1B
BT 2A
WR K
BT 2K
4B+K
66A
22A_22AB
44A
11B

And the following moves allow the opponent to remain crouching:
2A
FC A
WR AB (2nd hit; forces crouch anyways)
6B
2B
FC B
BT B
BT 2B
FC K

This is important to know because an opponent who gets hit while crouching by a move that doesn't force stand retains full access to their crouch moves, meaning their 2As will be FC As (i.e. i12 instead of i13), and if they have moves like Sieg's WR B they get to use that as well. An example of how this is useful is that if you hit a crouching Siegfried with 2B, you'd know that throwing afterwards might not be as good of an idea than if you hit him with 3K, even though both are +2.

Also, when I was testing these I found out that Aeon's 22K whiffs completely on crouching Algol and occasionally on Aeon. Gotta love "mids".

Here's an interesting bit of trivia. Aeon's 66BK is technically treated as a string, not a stance transition. This means that in clash situations (e.g. Leixia 2A → WR B), 66B will clash and result in nothing, but 66BK will clash and transition into SW K.

Back