Aeon General Discussion / Q&A

He doesn't have a 'hook' move. Give him a hook move. 22A4B -> delayable attack where he pulls the axe he just swung toward himself. Could even be an SM. It would change a lot.
Let Aeon do endless annoying mindgames when he gets inside. Maybe 1A has 1(A), which has him attack when you release the (A), from the position at your heel there. Maybe the 'stance' he needed was a hook stance - make that axe in his other hand have a use beyond being 100% more axe.

Characters can still laugh at how he doesn't have a moveset, but if he gets that axe into business position, too bad, so sad.

Just an idea, personally Aeon is enough for what I use him for, but you guys are trying to win games.

Alpha CE is i8 (with 4 frames of invincibility at the end, I've been told.. I'm not sure of the part) and since grabs are i17 it means you'd have to grab hella preemptively (ie get lucky) in order to do that.

Alpha CE is i8 (with 4 frames of invincibility at the end, I've been told.. I'm not sure of the part) and since grabs are i17 it means you'd have to grab hella preemptively (ie get lucky) in order to do that.
I think it's invincible from frames 5-8, so three frames. Your best bet is to block it rather than try to throw him out of it, I think it's a 3B or maybe just 66K punish.

Fun fact, Aeon is one of the few characters that can punish Elysium's CE, because 66A has such huge range.

Is there any real benefit for the increased hit box on 66B~K? There must be something else to it...or maybe it's just there.

Does anyone else here do the skydance when they win? FLY BE~G, FLY BE~G, FLY BE~G, FLY BE~G, FLY BE~G, FLY BE~G?

Am I the only one?

p.s. It's late, and I might be drunk

Hey, Im thinking about picking Aeon up. Ive played alot of characters so far (Im new) and each one has their "feel", their special way of playing. But Aeon is one I dont understand yet.

- What is his "style" thats best effective? And what makes him special?
- Since this patch, it looks like alot of improvements have gone through. Does he still need buffing? or does he now play on the level of the top tier?

Right now Aeon's best assets are close range random CH's. So he's a great character versus people that like to press buttons and auto-lose versus anyone with solid defense (pyrrha's) because his only way of opening people up are whiff punishing with your now unsafe 3B and grabs. He's not even that great at guard break anymore now that 3B sucks. You can think of him as a shitty patroklos with a better 66A. 4B and 66A are the only real special things about him outside of his beautiful scaley face.

First and foremost, his CE needs to be un-fucked. If it hits the fire breath should never miss. Ever.

FLY BE~G needs to be changed to FLY K~G so he can do it without spending meter.

Not sure what else yet.
Don't remind me some random Aeon player lost a game to NM cause of his CE glitch at that shitty Texas Showdown tourney.

First and foremost, his CE needs to be un-fucked. If it hits the fire breath should never miss. Ever.
I agree in full, but at this point what can ya do? If my opponents back is to the edge of the ring, or a wall, I pretend he doesn't even have a CE, because I know it's going to fuck up. Which is pretty lame considering he's the only character in the game with this retarded issue, a glaring one that should have been fixed this patch.

Haha yeah right foo! I did this before I added you as a rival and friend. Good try though XD
Oh you mean before you added me as a rival, before I even knew who you were? STALKER, lol. Your player card is ugly, your Aeon's neck is elongated and looks like a giraffe. Shots fired son! Come at me bro! Btw, I ran into yet ANOTHER Aeon player today online. I'm not sure what it is, but people seem to be flocking to Aeon like crazy now.

Has anyone looked into Aeon's JG game? It seems quite solid. Since most moves are -17 in this situation Aeon can hit with 66K for forward RO/wall and 6B BE for back RO or quite nice damage.

Has anyone looked into Aeon's JG game? It seems quite solid. Since most moves are -17 in this situation Aeon can hit with 66K for forward RO/wall and 6B BE for back RO or quite nice damage.
Yes I have been JG-ing all sorts of obvious moves from common characters. It's extremely useful and I think is a necessity for any that love to use the coolest character in all of Soulcalibur XD

Back