Aeon General Discussion / Q&A

I' brand new to this character. I thought I'd try him out. So far I'm finding him to be pretty fun. He's completely opposite of my main maybe that's why. Question though. On 33k is it normal for 44 BAA to whiff on the third hit? Seems like he goes off in the complete wrong direction about half of the time. If the 33k lands should I just do 44k instead?

If you delay 44BAA a bit it works most of the time. But if you wait too long your opponent can block it and duck the second and third hit so be careful. Like Party Wolf said it's basically not worth the risk except 44BAA would RO.

I' brand new to this character. I thought I'd try him out. So far I'm finding him to be pretty fun. He's completely opposite of my main maybe that's why. Question though. On 33k is it normal for 44 BAA to whiff on the third hit? Seems like he goes off in the complete wrong direction about half of the time. If the 33k lands should I just do 44k instead?

The 100% sure way to prevent this from happening is to use 663K. Because you don't need to 8wayrun sideways before throwing out the move, it will almost never hit off axis, which is the reason why 44BAA doesn't connect properly afterwards.

Whenever you hit off axis with the move because let's say you used raw 33K, if you're not sure 4BAA or 44K will connect completely, go for 66B for max guaranteed damage.

It's so odd going FROM Natsu to Aeon. I never had to really concern myself with the Axis of moves before. ..except on some rare situational punishes with 22b

It's so odd going FROM Natsu to Aeon. I never had to really concern myself with the Axis of moves before. ..except on some rare situational punishes with 22b

it appears Reptile and Hannyabal have given you the answers you need, but yes the only reason you should use 44BAA after 33K or 663K is for when you're going to RO your opponent, the desired follow-up is 44K because it does more dmg and the wakeup is much better in comparison.

Also just to point out, you'll get the same situation with CH 22_88AB

if someone would be as so kind as to confirm this for me;
now this combo is probably the most situational and most spacing-dependant thing ever, however I need to know if 1B+K ~ G ~ 44BAA is legit, it works at about round-start distance and taking 1 step back.
Also if quick enough you can combo into CE

it appears Reptile and Hannyabal have given you the answers you need, but yes the only reason you should use 44BAA after 33K or 663K is for when you're going to RO your opponent, the desired follow-up is 44K because it does more dmg and the wakeup is much better in comparison.

If 44k or 44baa is better depends on what you want. RO you know already, but 44baa also charges the brave edge meter more which is sometimes better then a little extra damage. It also creates wall splats.

One reminder for those who missed it. When you have a corner behind you 1b BE, 9k, 66k is very difficult to air control out of and leaves you with a good wake up situation or just an 2k. Lots'a damage.

If 44k or 44baa is better depends on what you want. RO you know already, but 44baa also charges the brave edge meter more which is sometimes better then a little extra damage. It also creates wall splats.

One reminder for those who missed it. When you have a corner behind you 1b BE, 9k, 66k is very difficult to air control out of and leaves you with a good wake up situation or just an 2k. Lots'a damage.

thats true, but regarding wallsplats however, it all comes down to knowing your ranges and wallsplatting with 44BAA is always iffy...too far away you don't get the w!, too close and might whiff the last hit of 44BAA and end up doing less dmg and build up less meter than you originally intended.

I find myself almost always doing 44BAA since @Slade pointed out that it gives a lot of meter. The oki game after 44K AT isn't so good anymore after they realize they can roll back to avoid most mixups.

Agreed, 44BAA would be the most ideal follow up. The only time i find myself using 44K is at the end of a round whenever im not sure if can get the kill. And also for overkill.

Can't believe I never knew 6B$ combos into 66A. It does 77 DMG with ground hit.

The combo is : 6B$, G, 66A (with really strict timing)

The 66A tech trap still does 96 so it's worth going for, it just doesn't hit grounded. Still, 77 guaranteed for punishing a low like Pyrrha's 1K gonna deter the use of such moves.

Last edited:
Just gonna leave some training notes here :

- All movement is -20.
- "Guts" activates at 10%.
- "Guts" halves damage from moves doing 20 or less.
- Aeon does not have low attacks that do over 20 outside of 1A.

Can't believe I never knew 6B$ combos into 66A. It does 77 DMG with ground hit.

The combo is : 6B$, G, 66A (with really strict timing)

The 66A tech trap still does 96 so it's worth going for, it just doesn't hit grounded. Still, 77 guaranteed for punishing a low like Pyrrha's 1K gonna deter the use of such moves.

I did not know about that either. But the timing is certainly strict, I can't find it. Seems to rely on the 66a input being perfectly executed fast after the g turn around frames end. Can you find the timing yet?

It's pretty hard. I haven't mastered it yet and I don't know if I'll be using this at NEC.
I'm not sure about how to explain the timing, but I've been doing it against characters of all sizes and I can sometime get it 5 or 6 times in a row so I'm pretty sure it's guaranteed :

It's pretty hard. I haven't mastered it yet and I don't know if I'll be using this at NEC.
I'm not sure about how to explain the timing, but I've been doing it against characters of all sizes and I can sometime get it 5 or 6 times in a row so I'm pretty sure it's guaranteed :
Presumably it works when the 6B BE was part of a combo, like after WR K or 4B counter hits. 4A → 6B BE → 66A is probably too inconsistent to bother with.

Yup, it all works but timing is to difficult for me at least. There is no difference in timing if you first land a stun like 4a. On Astas hit box it is easy to land it.

Back